As moms with addicted children, we may often feel fragile, but we are strong. And we are many.
To every mother living with the messy reality of loving a child with an addiction, Sandra Swenson has been where you are today. As a follow-up to her beloved meditation book Tending Dandelions, Sandy has written brand new honest readings for mothers living in the place where love and addiction meet. With the Readings for Moms of Addicts app, you can carry these new meaningful readings with you wherever you go. Sandy honestly addresses codependency, shame, grief, stigma, and how she came to realize that letting go is not the same as giving up. Wherever you and your child are in your unique recovery journeys, these readings will remind you that you are not alone.
This app contains 146 new readings that are different from, yet complementary to, the readings in the book Tending Dandelions published by Hazelden Publishing. This convenient and searchable app format provides the perfect tool for use in support groups--such as Al-Anon, Nar-Anon Family Groups, or Families Anonymous--or at any time you need connection and motivation.
• Automatically view a new reading each day you open the app
• Search for a keyword that you want to read about today
• Browse all readings by title and by the stage you are in your journey
• Press the heart to mark a reading as a favorite, and quickly return to it when you need it most
• Receive a daily notification to remind you to view a reading
• Share your favorite readings with other moms through text or email
Ratings and Reviews
This app, these incredible writings came into my life at the darkest of times and it has truly giving me the validity I’ve needed in realizing I am not alone. Thank you for taking the time to create and share this. ♥️🙏
- Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation
- 63.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Hazelden Publishing
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.