Create, display, and manage your very own recipes with one of the best loved recipe managers in the app store. The Recipe Box To Go lets you pull up your recipes whenever the mood strikes, so you can shop for tonight's dinner or share with friends. This 21st-century cooking tool helps you get your recipes into a quickly-sorted, easily shared format that can’t be misplaced, covered in stains, or catch on fire.
New and Notable January 2012 — iTunes App Store
• One-touch Instant Import from dozens of popular websites
(See support site for list)
• Transfer recipes from any email or text document with copy and paste
• Fully flexible entry fields allow for imperial or metric units
• Write notes while you cook without leaving the display screen
• Swap and sync with other users or other devices with Recipe Link
• Search for multiple ingredients simultaneously
• Cross-reference recipes in multiple categories
• Sort and rate recipes
• Email ingredients as a clickable shopping list
• Email import/export and printing
• Access your recipes without an Internet connection
• Back up recipes through iTunes file sharing
• Luscious typography and professional layout design
• Switch easily between multiple recipes while tracking the current step
• Highlight steps in the directions with a tap
• Dim ingredients as you gather them
• Tutorials to guide you through various functions
• Quickly send feedback or ask questions
Please write to us with your questions!
If you’re having an issue with using the app, we’re here to help. If you leave your questions here on the iTunes reviews, we have no way to write you back. Also, don’t forget to check the website for our tutorials and FAQs which we are always working to improve based on your feedback!
iOS 9 compatibility including fixing instant import.
Ratings and Reviews
Figured it out
I’ve used the iPad version for years. The only problem I had was the instant import feature, but realized it was the recipe source web site that was the problem, not the app (some sources worked well, others didn’t). Then I found this app in the App Store. Thought it would be great to be able to sync my recipes between devices and with friends. Well, it didn’t work. Tried many times. Rebooted both devices. Still wouldn’t. It got to the point where the devices would display the Ready to Send/Receive then just hang there. Checked WiFi on both devices. They were the same. Then, on a hunch, I changed the WiFi from the extender I was using to the main router on both devices. Bingo. Worked great. Don’t know if it’s coincidence or if it was the problem, but it worked. I’ve saved myself from re-entering all my recipes in a different app. Hope the developer puts out an update mentioning this or changes something to make it work with a WiFi extender.
Just what I wanted
This app does everything I wanted. Well worth it, easy to use. Syncs nicely between my iPhone and iPad. Nice to have the recipes with me in the store if I think of something I want to make and can't remember all the ingredients or quantities. I love the instant import. I only wish the shopping list could link with my shopping app, grocery g.
Update. After the latest update I can't share my recipes between my iPad and phone. I tried contacted them but all I hear are crickets. I'll keep it because I have a lot of recipes but sure hope it gets updated correctly.
Needs Fixing-PLEASE - 1/2 ⭐️Rating Honestly
⚠️Don’t waste your time on this until it’s fixed!
I loved this app when I first downloaded it several years ago and happily rated it 5 ⭐️'s. Now, unfortunately, you cannot CONTACT the developer via their link. I’ve made plenty of “Bug Reports” but it’s obvious that’s now a waste of time. The IMPORT feature and the COPY feature are not working well at all. The Import I've always found temperamental but the Copy feature at least allowed me to capture the recipe. Now, can’t do that at all :( When copying, via the Add(+)/Search Recipe feature, a red check appears denoting that the Ingredients, Directions, etc have been copied to your recipe, only to find once this tedious step by step process has been completed the recipe you thought was saved is not there at all-frustrating and a waste of time. It’s just beyond frustrating now as don’t know what to do? Do I now switch APPS and retype all the recipes already saved on this APP? Kathleen, fix, this APP please. I have too many recipes in my Recipe Box to do this all over again. This was a really great APP when it worked. Would love to have it functional again-VERY VERY SOON.
- Kathleen Tafel
- 14.5 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2012-2015 Corpus Collusion
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.