Manage. Organize. Scale. Personalize. Keep all your personal recipes on all your iPads.
Scale recipes by serving size to number of dinner guests–something your ordinary cookbook can't do!
Personalize your collection with custom recipe card designs.
Enter recipes 5 ways: web import, dictation, type, copy/paste, picklist, plus auto email import from other users of this app
**Voted Best Cooking App in Best App Ever awards**
5 star reviews:
-“WOW! Really, really like this! Where have you been all my life! Love the colors and want to get the decorated ones, too. Really good and worth the money!”-C.songwriter
-”This is THE BEST recipe organizer ever!...I love the sizer part of this app.”-Rick R.
-“Great app for those who love to cook...The genius is that you can then change the serving size and the app recalculates the ingredient proportions”-Peggywilkins
Featured by Apple:
~ In the Spotlight, Holiday Cooking, Party Planner, & Summertime
~ Best Cooking App, Best Parenting App
+ Organize all YOUR recipe cards, handwritten family recipes, recipe clippings, pins & web finds
+ Personalize with recipe card designs
+ Change the serving size & recipe is resized to number of guests coming for dinner! Customize recipes for families, couples, large or small groups – UNIQUE to Recipe Manager with Serving Sizer™.
+ Scales using SmartScaling™ – optimizes results in real world measurements and minimum steps. We never convert 1 T to 17 T – our app knows it's actually 1 cup + 1 T!
EASY, QUICK RECIPE INPUT
● Import directly from websites
● Use dictation
● Type freehand
● Easy copy/paste
● Or use our ingredient picklists and quick pick sliders for volumes, weights, & items (for "eggs" or "cans of tomato paste") No need to type manually!
● Import directly from email sent from other Recipe Manager with Serving Sizer users
● Landscape & Portrait support
ORGANIZE and FIND RECIPES
● Search by Ingredient or Recipe Name or flip thru the Alphabetical Index
● Search & tag by multiple Categories. Edit/add your own.
● Personalize your collection with beautiful designer recipe card designs.
● Basic packs included, purchase more in-app.
FOCUSED on COOKING
● Scale recipes BY SERVING SIZE using SmartScaling™. No more kitchen math.
● COOKING MODE. Easy-to-read, full screen for cooking. Adjust Font Sizes to read easier. Always ON screen. *No need to touch your iPad with messy hands while cooking!*
● Don't want to cook with your iPad? PRINT out recipes.
PEACE of MIND
Multiple backup solutions to secure your valuable data:
● Recipes are auto-saved locally to your iPad, as entering
● Data is BACKED UP during iCloud backup or iTunes Backup
● Make additional EXTRA BACKUPS using iTunes File Sharing
● EMAIL converted recipes to friends & family, import directly into our app
● PRINT recipes
● Use iTunes File Sharing to copy recipe database to other devices, including iPhone
● Add Photos
● International: convert between US & Metric
● Double, triple, & halve buttons, or custom scale by serving sizes
● Include mini-instructions in ingredient names: “2 eggs, separated” or long names like four “14.5 oz cans"
● No logins or website accounts required
● No internet connection required--all recipes saved locally on device
● Elegant, beautiful, & useful simulated recipe box and cards interface
● Great for holiday cooking, parties, & BBQ's
● Resize meals to family size
● Meals for one or two
● Catering for crowds
● Convert between European-based recipes and US-based
Designed & used daily by a developer parent who cooks—we're always looking for ways to improve & add features.
Please contact us at support(at)creativealgorithms.com. We strive for exceptional customer service.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Fixed bug that caused freeze when tapping + to add a new recipe.
Be sure to utilize iTunes File Sharing in iTunes for an extra backup of the database file and folders. Contact us for support.
Thank you for your positive feedback! Please take the time to update your review, or to add one.
Keep up to date on the latest news by becoming a fan on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAlgorithms/
Ratings and Reviews
I've been using this app for several years and I am very happy with it. Early on I took the time to play with the app so I could have a good grasp of how I could make it work for me. I am giving the app 4 stars instead of 5 because I do wish that I was able to view my recipes on my iPhone. Even tho I plan meals and make a list before going to the store, I sometimes think of a recipe I would like to make while I'm at the store. But can't always remember all the ingredients. I always have my iPhone but do not carry my iPad around with me. To be able to view the r cite and adjust number of servings would be sufficient for the phone.
Developer Response ,
We do have a sister app sold separately on the iPhone, Serving Sizer Recipe Manager, and you can copy the iPad recipe database to it, so you can view it on your phone. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for help on accomplishing this.
iPhone supported app
I love using recipe manager, great app!
One problem: I wanted the app for my iPhone since my phone is always with me. I was advised to use your Serving Sizer w/Recipe Manager for the iPhone. I added this a few years ago with your advise and imported all my recipes off my iPad. When I did this, my recipes were not in alphabetical order on serving sizer for my phone. It took me forever to put them in order so I could find my recipes. There is no search module, making this app pretty useless unless you take the time to put them in order. My iPad is where I add all my new recipes so it would be the “main” app which you also advised. Since I have not added any new recipes on my phone for a few years, I asked my husband to back up my iPad and then import my recipes into my phone so they would all be current. They imported fine, I think, but now they are all out of order again. I have 225 recipes. I am so disappointed that this app (serving sizer for iPhone) has not been updated. Can you please help me so that I don’t spend hours putting them back in order and to make sure that all the recipes did import?
For most part, I'm happy with this app. I'm not giving it five stars as it often breaks my ingredients putting part of them in the "direction" column. This can be worked around but is more work than I wish to do if it moves a number of ingredients over. I, also, have been unsuccessful importing directly from a website....I have to copy and paste. I realize this sounds like a negative review but I really do like this application and would love it if these things could be corrected or someone could tell me what I'm doing incorrectly.
Developer Response ,
Please send us a message at email@example.com with the websites/recipes that are causing issues and we'll try to address them in the next update and/or give you tips on easier importing. The import is a work in progress as few recipe websites and blogs are standardized and many have so many ads interspersed it's difficult for the app to "read" them correctly. Tweaks are needed almost per website, and there are plenty of recipes online! Thanks for your patience.
The developer, Creative Algorithms, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Creative Algorithms, LLC
- 46 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iPadOS 11.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2010 Creative Algorithms, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Holiday Trimmings Recipe Card Design Pack $0.99
- Home Sweet Home Recipe Card Design Pack $0.99
- Fall Leaves Recipe Card Design Pack $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.