Create, display, and manage your very own recipes with one of the best loved recipe managers in the app store. The Recipe Box is all you need to build a fantastic looking digital cookbook you’ll use every day.
Developed by foodies who love their iPad, this 21st-century cooking tool helps you get your recipes into a quickly-sorted, easily shared format that can’t be misplaced, covered in stains, or catch on fire. "The perfect tool for serious cooks" — @AppStore
Watch our demo video!
“Attention to small details makes The Recipe Box stand apart from its competition.” — PadGadget
“The Recipe Box is easily the best cooking tool app on the market today.” — AppAdvice.com
“For home cooks… a welcome addition to the iPad’s kitchen repertoire” — iPad 'n Gravy
New and Notable, Staff Favorite — iTunes App Store
• One-touch Instant Import from more than 80 popular recipe sites
(See support site for list)
• Capture data from any unsupported website quickly and easily
• Transfer recipes from any email or text document with copy and paste
• Fully flexible entry fields allow for imperial or metric units
• Use The Recipe Box Keyboard to tap in shortcuts for cooking terms
• Write notes while you cook without leaving the display screen
• Swap and sync with other users or other devices with Recipe Link
• Search for multiple ingredients simultaneously
• Cross-reference recipes in multiple categories
• Sort and rate recipes
• Email ingredients as a clickable shopping list
• Email import/export and printing
• Access your recipes without an Internet connection
• Back up recipes through iTunes file sharing
• Luscious typography and professional layout for iOS7
• Focus on ingredients and instructions with no-distractions cook layout
• Switch easily between multiple recipes while tracking the current step
• Highlight steps in the directions with a tap
• Dim ingredients as you organize them
• Recipe ingredients, instructions, and notes respond to Text Size in iPad Settings.
• Tutorials to guide you through various functions
• Feature maps
• Quickly send feedback or ask questions
Please write to us with your questions!
If you’re having an issue with using the app, we’re here to help. If you leave your questions here on the iTunes reviews, we have no way to write you back. Also, don’t forget to check the website for our tutorials and FAQs which we are always working to improve based on your feedback!
• iPad Pro support
—More recipes in list view.
—Larger recipe font means you can see from farther away.
—Larger recipe image.
—See more while entering a recipe.
—Special shortcut keyboard fits better in a shorter space.
• iOS 9 improvements including instant import.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I have been using this app now for a couple of years and I love The Recipe Box app. I love that I can have one on my tablet and my phone and I can synchronize them. The phone app is handy when I'm at the grocery store and I decide I want to make something. I can look up the ingredients to make sure I have everything.
Three things I would do to make it better are:
1. Add a version for the web so that I can enter recipes via my laptop. This would be very handy for entering my hardcopy recipes. I can type much faster on my laptop keyboard than the tablet keyboard.
2. I know there is a workaround when the import does not work, but it feels like one version the import works and in the next version it does not. I think more extensive testing should be done with each of the sites you can import from before releasing an update. Many times if I cannot import I just won't add it to my recipe box.
3. Give me a way to export to a text file. As much as I would like to believe this app will be around forever, reality tells me that it won't. My concern is that I will never be able to export my recipes in the event this ever happens. The idea of emailing myself each recipe sounds painful.
From 5 to 2 stars
Don’t waste your time! This was one of the best early recipe apps out there. I have collected over 2300 recipes on the app and used to recommend it to friends. I am not sure if the developers stopped putting energy into this, but in the past few years it has lost quite a bit of functionality and has not added any new features. I haven’t been able to auto import a recipe in more than a year without an error message (you can still import manually) and the direct sharing/synching of recipes between ipads/iphones no longer works. I buy a new iPad and iPhone every 2-3 years, so I know that it is not because my equipment is old. I am in the process of looking at other apps to transfer my recipes to. Unfortunate that I have wasted so much time on this app. :(
NO UPDATES FOR 5 YEARS! DEAD APP!!!
This WAS an excellent all for many years, but they stopped updating and customer service went silent 5 years ago. The many iOS updates since then have precipitated a whole host of function issues with Recipe Box that make it essentially useless. I am sorry to have to give up on this old favorite, but the time for holding on has come and gone. If you download this app in 2020 or later, I’m afraid your heart will be broken when one day it simply fails to function altogether. That is a nightmare for recipe archivists like me. My advice is that you shouldn't waste your money on this dead app.
I needed a new home for my precious recipe collection, so I searched online for opinions, and read the AppStore descriptions of every one of that was recommended. PAPRIKA 3 kept rising to the top, so that’s what I bought. It has plenty of very useful functions, is intuitive to use, and it is intelligently laid out — so it is an excellent substitute for Recipe Box. I have no financial interest in Paprika 3, and I do not know the developer; I simply think it is the best recipe archive in the AppStore.
THE FINAL WORD: PAPRIKA 3 is the answer to dead app woes!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kathleen Tafel
- 20 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iPadOS 8.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2011-2015 Corpus Collusion
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.