Being organized in the kitchen makes cooking so enjoyable. The Recipe Box is all you need to build a fantastic looking digital cookbook you’ll use every day.
Import recipes from the web (it's addictive!)
Multitaskers will love viewing two recipes at once!
Luscious merlot-flavored dark mode, caffé latte-flavored light mode!
Developed by foodies who love their iPad, this 21st-century cooking tool helps you get your recipes into a quickly-sorted, easily shared format that can’t be misplaced, covered in stains, or catch on fire. When recipes are easy to collect, easy to retrieve and easy to read, you can focus on the pleasures of preparing delicious food.
"The perfect tool for serious cooks" — @AppStore
“Attention to small details makes The Recipe Box stand apart from its competition.” — PadGadget
“The Recipe Box is easily the best cooking tool app on the market today.” — AppAdvice.com
“For home cooks… a welcome addition to the iPad’s kitchen repertoire” — iPad 'n Gravy
New and Noteworthy, Staff Favorite — iTunes App Store
• One-touch Instant Import from more than 100 catalogued recipe sites, plus innumerable uncatalogued sites
• Capture data from any unsupported website quickly and easily
• Transfer recipes from any email or text document with copy and paste
• Fully flexible entry fields allow for imperial or metric units
• Use The Recipe Box Keyboard to tap in shortcuts for cooking terms
• Write notes while you cook without leaving the display screen
• Add your own photo using your iPad camera, or choose from your photo album
• Swap and sync with other users or other devices with Recipe Link
• Search for multiple ingredients simultaneously
• Cross-reference recipes in multiple categories
• Rate recipes
• Email ingredients as a clickable shopping list
• Email import/export and printing
• Access your recipes without an Internet connection
• Back up recipes with a locally stored file
• Move through recipes with external keyboard arrow keys
• Support for dark mode
• View two recipes at once in split-view
• Luscious typography and professional layout for iOS17
• Focus on ingredients and instructions with no-distractions cook layout
• Switch easily between multiple recipes while tracking the current step
• Highlight steps in the directions with a tap, or scroll with external keyboard.
• Dim ingredients as you organize them
• Recipe ingredients, instructions, and notes respond to Text Size in iPad Settings.
• Feature maps
Join our community on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/therecipeboxapp
Upgrades we're excited about :
Use Safari, Apple News, and other web browsers to search for and import recipes.
Dark mode color scheme
View two recipes on one iPad or an external display
Instant import works on many more sites
Retrieve your recent searches so you don't have to re-type
Drop photos on the recipe list to update recipes with no photos
Use external keyboard to move through recipe list and directions
Print out your recipes into a booklet or export as a PDF
Scan IRL recipes
Support for more iPad sizes and external display on capable iPads
Interface upgrades for iOS 16 features
Fixes you've been waiting for:
Recipe Link fix
Special Keyboard fix
Stability and speed fixes
This version contains typography improvements and minor enhancements to the above 6.0 features
Our newest changes require iOS 16.1 or later.
Ratings and Reviews
I have been using this app now for a couple of years and I love The Recipe Box app. I love that I can have one on my tablet and my phone and I can synchronize them. The phone app is handy when I'm at the grocery store and I decide I want to make something. I can look up the ingredients to make sure I have everything.
Three things I would do to make it better are:
1. Add a version for the web so that I can enter recipes via my laptop. This would be very handy for entering my hardcopy recipes. I can type much faster on my laptop keyboard than the tablet keyboard.
2. I know there is a workaround when the import does not work, but it feels like one version the import works and in the next version it does not. I think more extensive testing should be done with each of the sites you can import from before releasing an update. Many times if I cannot import I just won't add it to my recipe box.
3. Give me a way to export to a text file. As much as I would like to believe this app will be around forever, reality tells me that it won't. My concern is that I will never be able to export my recipes in the event this ever happens. The idea of emailing myself each recipe sounds painful.
May be going back to Rolodex
Updated review (iOS16 version): So excited all the broken features have been fixed. The capture feature for importing works better than ever! I love this app and have not been willing to abandon it.
This is a great app, but it hasn’t been updated since iOS9. Surprised it works on iOS11 at all. Will keep using it, but like others posters, I’m going to have to back my recipes up to print/PDF in case it stops working with the next update. It’s not even worth trying to find another app to replace it. I don’t have to time to build recipe files from the ground up, only to have to start all over when the developer loses interest.
EDIT: as of 11/23 it has now been updated but there is no way to reach developer as link in app does not work, also, the change to interface is horrible, instead of having the info bar with measurements over the keyboard area in a straight line, it has been moved to both sides of the screen which takes up most of the room on the recipe. I do not like this change at all and support is sadly lacking as it was before. Too bad as this app had the makings of a great one.
I caution anyone thinking of using this app as apparently it is no longer supported by the developer due to personal issues. I spent a lot of time over the years putting in my recipes and although I can use them NOW I fear that in the future this app will be useless. It is next to impossible to import recipes and using the copy and paste feature is a joke. I am extremely disappointed as I loved this app and paid good money for it. I will no longer add recipes and will start copying the ones I have over into another app. It was great while it lasted.
Developer Response ,
Sorry the keyboard feature is not meeting your expectations. We updated the app to be flexible with a variety of iPad sizes, but agree that the keyboard extra takes up a lot of space in landscape orientation. That's why we added a hid button to the right side of the autocorrect bar. Hope that helps.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kathleen Tafel
- 25.4 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iPadOS 16.1 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2011-2023 Corpus Collusion
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.