Red Onion is a unique browser that lets you access the Internet privately and anonymously. With Red Onion you can bypass corporate, school, public wifi internet filters and access the entire Internet without restrictions with complete security. Not only that with the built downloader you can freely download without ever revealing your true identity or IP address.
Red Onion is a full-fledged Tor-powered browser that offers you a REAL solution, with multiple tabs, customizable start screen, built in ad-blocker, history, bookmarks, and much much more.
- Internet access tunneled over the Tor network
- Websites do not see your real IP address
- Access the entire Internet from behind corporate/ISP/national internet filters and censors
- Auto clean up of cookies on exit
- Reset history/tabs/etc on restart (App Settings > Full Reset or Always Full Reset options for flexibility)
- Access websites on the "dark net" of anonymous .onion web sites, only accessible through Tor
- Multiple tabs, Bookmarks & History
- Supports Do Not Track
- Start screen with the most frequent visited history entry's
- Real-time search in your browsing history, bookmarks and tabs
- Search engine integration in the Address bar
- Share URL's via Twitter, Mail, Google+
- Search in the webpage
- Download files by just tapping the link or "long press" the link to Force Download it
- Simultaneous downloads (App Settings > Concurrent Downloads - default is set to 3 for performance can be changed to max of 5)
- User-Agent spoofing
- Ad-block (for most ad-networks)
- Passcode lock and Touch ID support (NEW!)
- File Manager - Preview Apple supported format right from within the app or "Open in..." others app on your device.
- Multi format video/audio player allows you to play almost any video and audio format without leaving the app (wmv, mpeg, mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, 3gp, sf, avi, divx, dv, gxf, m2p, m2ts, m2v, m4v, mkv, moov, mov, mp4, mpg, mpv, mt2s, mts, mxf, ogm, ogv, ps, qt, ts, vob, webm, wm, mp3, m4a, wma).
- Address bar search engine options (Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, StartPage can be changed App Settings > Search Engine)
- Extract audio from mp4 files (convert to mp3)
- Robust File Manager
- m3u8 streams over Tor. Bypass geo-blocked live TV streams like Aljazeera by requesting country specific IP addresses (instructions in app)
- Download m3u8 streams
- (NEW!) Chromecast support with subtitles test.mp4 test.vtt (subtitle and video file must have the same name just different extensions)
- Playlist Manager
- Dynamically updating adblocker
- (NEW!) Block HTTP referrer
- (NEW!) Cloud backup optional (off my default)
- (NEW!) Unzip/Untar
- (NEW!) Text Editor
- Web browsing/downloading through the anonymization network will be SIGNIFICANTLY SLOWER than through a non-tunneled browser like Safari. This is necessary and a small price to pay to keep your identity protected.
- This product uses the Tor distributed networks is produced independently from the Tor(r) anonymity software and carries no guarantee from The Tor Project about quality, suitability or anything else.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
With this update we are adding some requested features and changing some default settings to make the app more secure and feature rich.
- Ability to block HTTP referrer
- Block iCloud backup by default for downloaded files (you can reenable it in App Settings)
- Text Editor to open variety of text file and edit them
- iOS 9 styled new app icon
- Updated Spoofing User Agent strings to newest version
- Added Disconnect.me to list of search engines available
Thank you for your continued support and feedback to improve the app. Your 5-star ratings and reviews are highly appreciated and keep us motivated, so a sincere thank you for that.
Ratings and Reviews
Better than Safari
Better security and more privacy... what more could we ask for from our technology these days. It's nice to have it require a pin or Touch ID to access, so when you hand your phone to someone (to look at or find something for you), they don't come across any personal information, "suggestions" (from your history), etc. Also I've noticed lately that when we clear Safari's cache, cookies, history (from the settings); and click advanced - website data, some cookies/websites won't delete... even when you delete them one by one, they go away until go back into that selection tab, they just reappear. I have a feeling it has something to do with my location being fetched randomly by the time zone setting... (which I have always had turned off). I'd delete Safari if I could.
This app is pretty good with securing your information through many tests I have conducted. Although like everything it's not perfect and the first few nodes it passes through are insecure, even though it it highly unlikely someone can snatch that information it is still insecure. Other than that there's not much tweaking to make this app more user friendly because it is very well done. The only user friendly problem while using this app is that when you scroll down you need to go all the way up again to change your page to do whatever you wish to do. Other than that this app is absolutely great at downloading videos, sound files, etc. and I haven't seen any applicant have a proxy mesh and download this fast, so good job. This app is awesome and I'd rate this 9.9 with a repentant on top!
I’ve been using this browser for about a year now. The downloading/offline viewing features are incredible, and it does its job to ensure you remain anonymous when browsing. This is the perfect browser for anyone interested in being able to store files such as MP3s, MP4s, WEBMs, and so fourth. And for everything it’s doing in the background, I have to say, it’s very quick. It’s full of security options, HTTP options, and other various settings. There are a few small bugs- but it takes quite a long time and very specific circumstances to notice them. However. it’s totally worth the money. Browse quickly, securely, and with loads of additional features at your fingertips with Red Browser!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Omar Mody
- 50.7 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © Gplex
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.