Free update installable on Apple Silicon Mac
If you have already purchased this App on your iOS device, you can install it on your Apple Silicon Mac for free.
Redshrike is an AUv3-compatible synthesizer that combines a resonator designed for more complex sound creation and subtractive synthesis with an FM oscillator that creates distortion.
# Synthesizer Engine
The oscillator has frequency modulation at a wide speed from low speed to the audible range, and it is useful for creating dirty sounds together with the resonator.
The waveform of the oscillator can be morphed from sawtooth wave to triangular wave and square wave. In addition, the oscillator has a 3-voice waveform generation engine internally, and you can make a thick sound by detuning it.
In the resonator, not only feedback amount, but also its pitch can be modulated with ENV and LFO.
The filter has a Low parameter that can boost the bass range, and you can make a heavy sound.
# Universal App
This product is compatible with iPad, iPhone, and Apple Silicon Mac.
Please note that it is not compatible with Macs with Intel CPUs.
# Audio Unit Extensions (AUv3)
This product supports only AUv3 plug-in format. You can use this AUv3 Plug-In in a host application that supports AUv3.
- Note that depending on the parameter settings, loud sound may be produced.
- This product can be installed on iPad, iPhone, and Mac computers with Apple silicon (M1, M2). It is an iPad and iPhone app that can run on Mac computers with Apple silicon. It cannot be installed on Mac computers with Intel CPUs.
- This product supports only AUv3 plug-in format. Other plug-in formats are not supported. It can be used with AUv3-compatible DAWs.
- This product is not suitable for the purpose of accurately reproducing the sound of acoustic instruments or other synthesizers. It has been developed with a focus on creating the sound of this synthesizer itself.
- This product does not support MPE (MIDI Polyphonic Expression).
- This product mainly contains basic presets that are useful as a starting point for sound creation. Please note that there are no huge amount of presets. Enjoy making sounds.
# More information
More information, videos and manuals are available at: https://icegear.net
- Improved live automation recording to AUv3 Host app.
- Other small fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
now with microtuning: So. Much. Awesome.
I don't know if I should say this out loud, because iceWorks is a one-dev show, but what a responsive and hard-working show they are! I asked for custom tuning.. and within a couple of months, here it is!
Redshrike is my favorite of all the iceGear/Works synths: like the others, it takes an approach that is relatively unique in iOS synths--physical modeling of resonant bodies--and takes it right up to its screamiest, dirtiest, scariest limits.
Resonant modeling is under-explored as it is, and iceWorks is filling in a very large gap and doing it very well. Redshrike has a vast range: from sweet, quiet, percussive bell-like sounds to enough monstrous infinite sustain feedback saturation and crunch to make men faint, women cry, and the rest of us jump up and down in sheer joy.
The early versions had some glitchy AU problems, but as far as I can tell those are all worked out now. I'm running iOS 9.3 on an iPad Mini 2, and Redshrike is reliable and just as loud as I need it to be. It runs great in AUM, as a standalone, and in Audiobus.
And now we can play with just intonation, meantone scales, Pythagorian scales--any twelve-tone scale we want.
Me, I'm never turning this thing off.
Deep and distinct
I’m just diving into this, but it’s a winner — it has its own character, distinct from either analog or FM synths. The resonator is unusual and I’m still trying to wrap my head around what it does. So many interesting bits like the pitched, digital and glitch noise styles; the deep filtering options in the delay; and the most customizable arpeggiator I’ve ever used. This is a steal at $8.
Might be my favorite Iceworks
But they’re all good! Get them all now!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- iceWorks, Inc.
- 9.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © iceGear
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.