iClicker Reef allows you to answer questions using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Tap to provide your answer and receive instant feedback. Compare your vote to the rest of the class. After class, access the saved poll questions to study for a quiz or exam. All data is stored on the cloud so you can access it anywhere from any device.
• Free trial subscription with account creation
• View your instructor’s questions as high resolution screenshots
• Compare your response to the class results
• Session history is stored in the cloud so you can access it anywhere
• Multiple Choice, Short Answer, Numeric, and Target question types
• Receive correct/incorrect feedback when your instructor grades the question
• Review the questions and answers to study after class
• Works alongside all iClicker remotes
This version contains performance improvements and bug fixes for a better student experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Great and Cheap (Occasional issues)
App is generally easy to follow and quite useful in class. 35$ for two year subscription is a great deal for use of paper in all classes and versatility for professors' questions. Only two times have I had issues where it wouldn't log me in due to saying I didn't have an account, but those were resolved by hard restarting the app once and getting off and on internet once. Great app, would recommend.
Waste of Money
This is a scheme intended to milk poor college students of what money they have. Given the existence of free apps like TopHat which do the same thing, there is no point to dropping so much money on an iClicker subscription. In fact, TopHat probably has better quality just because of iClicker’s occasional glitchiness.
Although iClicker usually gets the job done, albeit sometimes with frustration, I was very annoyed that my professor had his students use this app. Alas, not my choice though. If you’re a student like me, you probably have no choice but to buy this app. If you’re a professor though, I beg you, please do not make your students waste money on this app. They’re already paying enough for college and TopHat will do a better job for you.
If the developer reads this, please seriously consider reducing the price of this app or make it free. I would give the app 4 or 5 stars if that wish is granted.
For an app that has such a high subscription fee, the user interface is infuriating. Joining a class takes forever and the app crashes all the time. In order for it to launch properly you have to make sure that no other apps are open, which is not practical at all if I'm trying to do something else at the same time, and if I want it to stay open, I have to make sure that I have the app constantly open. If I swipe away for just a few seconds, the app crashes again. This is absurd considering that the actual function of the app is so basic. Every design element feels like a minimal amount of effort was put into it. If I didn't have to use this for a class, I definitely would not be using this app.
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry to read that you've experienced problems with the app. We haven't had prior reports of this particular behavior, so please contact us at email@example.com so we can help you resolve this issue.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 84.6 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2022 Macmillan Learning. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- iClicker 6-Month Subscription $15.99
- iClicker 1-year subscription $24.99
- iClicker 2-Year Subscription $34.99
- iClicker 4-Year Subscription $49.99