Powerful regular expression editor that dynamically highlight matches.
* Automatic generation of regular expression from sample data
* Immediate feedback. Dynamic highlighting of matches as you modify the regular expression or sample text
* Automatic escaping of special characters when copying a regular expression
* Automatic unescaping of special characters when pasting a regular expression
* Supports capture groups
* Supports matching options such as case-insensitive matches
* Supports positive lookahead, negative lookahead
* Supports positive lookbehind, negative lookbehind
* Supports backreferences
* Fast and Dead-simple to use
* Supports State restoration - restart the app to continue where you left off
See the regular expressions tutorial at http://motionobj.com/articles/regex-macos-tutorial.
Please refrain from sending your bug reports or feature requests using the App Store since we have no way to reply to you. Instead, to ensure a direct response from us, choose the "Email Developer" in the Help menu.
Otherwise, feedback (or praise!) on the app store in the form of ratings/reviews is greatly appreciated.
* Fix: crash on launch with El Capitan
* Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Colors are dull, but otherwise a 5 star app
The app wrks fine and I can generate a regexp quickly. Would give 1 more star if the app is prettier.
Fast, simple and to the point
This app is awesome and easy to use. It not only does the job well, but helps me learn about regular expressions.
Love it...only 1 issue
A great app!!! Using it all the time now.
Would be 5 stars except for the fact that the text box does not scroll. If the pasted text is longer than the available space it sure would be nice to scroll.
The developer, MotionObj, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Hwee Boon Yar
- 1.7 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011 MotionObj
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.