Here is what Remotix users say:
“This is one of the very few Remote Desktop apps in the past decade that I haven’t wanted my money and my investment of time back on.”
• NEAR - low-latency, adaptive, H.264-based remote desktop protocol
• File Transfer: transfer your documents between remote machines
• Apple Screen Sharing, VNC and RDP, including RD Gateway
• Connect from anywhere
• Syncs computers and credentials across all devices
• Automatic clipboard synchronization
• Secure SSH connections with both password and public key auth
• Discovers all nearby machines using network scanners
• Master password, Face ID & Touch ID protection
• Designed for iPhone, iPad and iPad Pro
• Take and share the screenshots of the remote machine
• Full set of multi-touch gestures to pan, zoom, drag, right click & scroll
• Point-and-click or touchpad-mode remote desktop control
• Hardware and bluetooth keyboard support, including F keys, cursor and modifiers
• Swiftpoint GT and Citrix X1 mouse support
• Complete international character input
• Extended keyboard to access copy/paste, function and navigation keys
• 3D Touch for right click
If you are connecting to Mac or PC with NEAR:
• Hardware accelerated H.264 based remote desktop experience;
• Three quality modes, including “smooth” - for video & games.
• Automatically adapts to changing network conditions;
• Clipboard synchronization;
• Remote sound transfer;
• Login using system credentials or personal access code;
• Curtain mode & remote screen locking (Mac only).
If you are connecting to a Mac with Screen Sharing:
• Five quality modes, including adaptive for average and slow Internet connections
• Multi-display configuration selection, combined or each display individually
• VNC password and Mac OS X authentication methods
• Greatly improves interaction speed with server-side picture scaling,
• Multi-language keyboard input using "Keyboard through Clipboard" mode
• Remote screen locking
• Access to hidden dock or menu
If you are connecting to Windows over RDP:
• RD Gateway & load-balancing configurations
• On-the-fly resolution and scale change
• Sound playback & recording
• Real time network speed adaptation for the best performance over 3G or LAN
• Secure NLA authentication
• RDP over SSH
If you are connecting to Windows or Linux over VNC:
• Tested and works well with UltraVNC, TightVNC, RealVNC, VMWare, TigerVNC, x11vnc and other servers
• UltraVNC Windows Logon authentication
• TLS encryption and VeNCrypt authentication (ProxMox)
• x11vnc -ncache mode support
- Fixed shortcuts (modifier+key) input
- Fixed the issue with NEAR computers not appearing in nearby pane
Ratings and Reviews
The app stopped freezing up but there is still one last problem with the new update. If you have the app running and you are interacting with a VNC server then you hit the home button or switch to another app, when you switch back to Remotix you can see your server but you can't interact with it. This also happens if you lose connectivity. When the app reconnects you can no longer interact with your server. Other than this issue, the app is great. Kind of wish these bugs had been ironed out prior to pushing version 8 though as version 7 was almost perfect.
Developer Response ,
This should be fixed in 8.0.4. Very sorry for the inconvenience.
Poor: tech support; iPad pro keyboard support; audio controls
First, expect no tech support. No support boards, little documentation, no way to engage with other users. Worst experience in years with a product from this perspective. No discernible way to use function keys from the Apple keyboard for iPad Pro. The "manual" included (only accessible from launch screen, not during a session and not online) is for a Mac. They didn't bother spending an hour updating for iOS. I bought this for the remote audio recording capability which would (if properly implemented) be fantastic for Skype meetings off of my desktop at the office. No way to use AirPods or any other bluetooth headset. Only speaker and mic in the iPad. Going back to Jump Desktop which is marvelous and only lacks the recording feature.
Oh, and it does sometimes work with the Swiftpoint GT which is an awesome product, but it does not work as consistently as Jump Desktop.
Sloooooooooooow with VNC but supports Citrix X1 mouse
Title says it all. I bought this primarily to use against a Linux server backend running VNC. I have RealVNC also, silky smooth. Like butter; however unlike this it does not support the Citrix X1 mouse so I thought I would give this a try. This is unbearably slow. The cursor jumps all over the place making selecting anything extremely difficult. Selecting anything and then waiting for a screen redraw has serious lag. This is going over a hardwired connection or wireless.
The ONLY reason I’m not giving this a 1 star is the fact it supports the Citrix mouse. Few companies do and they get props for going above and beyond for doing that, it’s just too bad that it couldn’t have been packaged into something I could actually use.
Developer Response ,
It would help a lot if you could send us your Linux distribution and VNC server type at email@example.com. You can also use recently released Remotix Quick Connect for Linux.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.