Here is what Remotix users say:
“This is one of the very few Remote Desktop apps in the past decade that I haven’t wanted my money and my investment of time back on.”
• NEAR - low-latency, adaptive, H.264-based remote desktop protocol
• File Transfer: transfer your documents between remote machines
• Apple Screen Sharing, VNC and RDP, including RD Gateway
• Connect from anywhere
• Syncs computers and credentials across all devices
• Automatic clipboard synchronization
• Secure SSH connections with both password and public key auth
• Discovers all nearby machines using network scanners
• Master password, Face ID & Touch ID protection
• Designed for iPhone, iPad and iPad Pro
• Take and share the screenshots of the remote machine
• Full set of multi-touch gestures to pan, zoom, drag, right click & scroll
• Point-and-click or touchpad-mode remote desktop control
• Hardware and bluetooth keyboard support, including F keys, cursor and modifiers
• Swiftpoint GT and Citrix X1 mouse support
• Complete international character input
• Extended keyboard to access copy/paste, function and navigation keys
• 3D Touch for right click
If you are connecting to Mac or PC with NEAR:
• Hardware accelerated H.264 based remote desktop experience;
• Three quality modes, including “smooth” - for video & games.
• Automatically adapts to changing network conditions;
• Clipboard synchronization;
• Remote sound transfer;
• Login using system credentials or personal access code;
• Curtain mode & remote screen locking (Mac only).
If you are connecting to a Mac with Screen Sharing:
• Five quality modes, including adaptive for average and slow Internet connections
• Multi-display configuration selection, combined or each display individually
• VNC password and Mac OS X authentication methods
• Greatly improves interaction speed with server-side picture scaling,
• Multi-language keyboard input using "Keyboard through Clipboard" mode
• Remote screen locking
• Access to hidden dock or menu
If you are connecting to Windows over RDP:
• RD Gateway & load-balancing configurations
• On-the-fly resolution and scale change
• Sound playback & recording
• Real time network speed adaptation for the best performance over 3G or LAN
• Secure NLA authentication
• RDP over SSH
If you are connecting to Windows or Linux over VNC:
• Tested and works well with UltraVNC, TightVNC, RealVNC, VMWare, TigerVNC, x11vnc and other servers
• UltraVNC Windows Logon authentication
• TLS encryption and VeNCrypt authentication (ProxMox)
• x11vnc -ncache mode support
Remotix 8 for iOS is full with essential features to make your work easier!
** File Transfer **
The complete file manager with ability to transfer files between local and remote machines. File transfer goes without network round-trips, so it's lightning-fast even on slow networks and a huge amount of small files.
** Automatic Discovery **
Nearby machines with NEAR protocol enabled are found and displayed automatically.
** Multiple Displays and Resolution Change **
If remote machine has multiple displays, you can now see them all. To improve your remote control experience you can change remote display resolution on the fly (NEAR connections).
** Cloud Keychain **
Store your connection credentials in Remotix Cloud and automatically access them across all your devices. The credential storage is encrypted using AES-256 in combination with your personal password. That means that no third party (including us) has access to it.
** Cloud Groups **
All your connections, including Remotix Cloud, are now organized in groups. The groups are also presented in Remotix Hub.
** Session Select **
If there are multiple desktop sessions on the remote machine you now can select the session you want to connect to (NEAR connections).
** Face ID **
Use Face ID to protect your credentials.
** Dark Mode **
Love your new shiny iOS in dark mode? Remotix comes in dark too.
** iPhone 11 and iOS 13 **
Remotix 8 brings full support for the latest Apple iPhones and iPads.
Ratings and Reviews
So very close
A very capable Remote Desktop client. It has almost everything I need, except that it seems the SwiftPoint Mouse support seems a bit broken. I cannot get the application to send a middle mouse and hold event using the mouse... so if your hoping to use this app as a means for accesses remote CAD sessions as I do, you may be out of luck until this is fixed.
Poor: tech support; iPad pro keyboard support; audio controls
First, expect no tech support. No support boards, little documentation, no way to engage with other users. Worst experience in years with a product from this perspective. No discernible way to use function keys from the Apple keyboard for iPad Pro. The "manual" included (only accessible from launch screen, not during a session and not online) is for a Mac. They didn't bother spending an hour updating for iOS. I bought this for the remote audio recording capability which would (if properly implemented) be fantastic for Skype meetings off of my desktop at the office. No way to use AirPods or any other bluetooth headset. Only speaker and mic in the iPad. Going back to Jump Desktop which is marvelous and only lacks the recording feature.
Oh, and it does sometimes work with the Swiftpoint GT which is an awesome product, but it does not work as consistently as Jump Desktop.
Sloooooooooooow with VNC but supports Citrix X1 mouse
Title says it all. I bought this primarily to use against a Linux server backend running VNC. I have RealVNC also, silky smooth. Like butter; however unlike this it does not support the Citrix X1 mouse so I thought I would give this a try. This is unbearably slow. The cursor jumps all over the place making selecting anything extremely difficult. Selecting anything and then waiting for a screen redraw has serious lag. This is going over a hardwired connection or wireless.
The ONLY reason I’m not giving this a 1 star is the fact it supports the Citrix mouse. Few companies do and they get props for going above and beyond for doing that, it’s just too bad that it couldn’t have been packaged into something I could actually use.
Developer Response ,
It would help a lot if you could send us your Linux distribution and VNC server type at email@example.com. You can also use recently released Remotix Quick Connect for Linux.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.