● ● Optimized for iOS 11 ● ●
Remoter Pro includes all of "Remoter VNC"'s options: VNC, RDP, SSH, Telnet, RemoterFusion, etc.
"Remoter, (...) is currently on sale and is a pretty feature rich VNC app. (...) Setting things up is as simple as entering your VNC information and pressing connect. Remoter gives you just about every option you'd need in a VNC client" - lifehacker.com
External keyboards supported!
● ● ● ● ●
Remoter Pro is intuitive and very easy to use!, but in case you need help, it includes an in-app tips, and informational buttons. Also, a support is available at http://remoterlabs.com including a user forum !
● A complete solution, no in-app purchases.
● New thumb-friendly trackpad
● Multiple simultaneous connections
● Completely resigned session selection interface
● Fast VNC protocol 3.8 supported. Compatible with Mac Screen Sharing, the latest UltraVNC for Windows and Linux VNC servers
● Universal Binary: iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch! Buy once, run on all your devices!
● Support for sound/music redirection from your Mac and easy setup without port-forwarding / dynamic DNS with RemoterFusion
● Support for RDP (w/encryption support) including Windows 10!, SSH and Telnet, VNC over SSH, RDP over SSH, and arbitrary SSH port tunnels
● RDP supports latest versions of Windows
● Advanced URL invocation system (see https://is.gd/fKNHEN)
● Novel Virtual TrackPad allows for precise and intuitive control! right-click, and dragging. Scroll with a side-scroller bar! Three trackpad modes.
● SSH public-key authentication with SSH Key manager (import, generate, email, copy to/from clipboard your SSH keys)
● Support for recording and running Macros!
● International keyboard support for servers that don't support direct input mode: German, Swiss-German, Russian, French, Danish and Spanish Keyboard mappings.
● UltraVNC MS Login Authentication Support, Server-Side Scaling and Multiple Monitor support
● Wake-on-Lan Support
● Bonjour and NetBIOS computer discovery
● Supports BOTH Landscape and Portrait orientations
● Intuitive Pinch to Zoom and drag to scroll. Also presets: "Fit Height", "Fit Width" and "1:1"
● Special Keys: Including: Esc, Tab, Alt, Up, Down, Right, Left, PageUp, PageDown, F1..F12, Control-Alt-Delete, Command, Windows-key, etc
● Support for 8bpp, 16bpp and 32bpp color depths
● Fullscreen mode
● Clipboard synchronization (Paste is universal, but copy requires server support)
● Localized to: Spanish, Italian, German (and English)
- Improvements, bug fixes.
- Improved Danish keyboard input (thanks to Johannes Djernæs)
Ratings and Reviews
There seems to be no way to contact support. The support feature brings up their website in the app but (both in the app and on a browser) there is no way to contact them other than the forums. The forum registration feature doesn't work (which explains why there are no posts since 2016) so I can't post.
This app does appear to work after a few problems:
1. Entering a custom connection, both ssh and vnc, when in landscape mode it seems to frequently crash out of the connection edit feature when doinh text entry in some of the text boxes near the bottom of the form. It took me many, many tries to get the connection configuration entered. Once it was entered, it worked fine.
2. It allows you to be prompted for your password when connecting. It supports ssh keys. However, it doesn't support prompting for the key password. You have to have it remember the key password which is less secure than prompting. If you don't have it enter the password then it connects but just sits there in the ssh authentication phase until it times out.
I've finally got things working and it does seem to function, though I haven't stressed it. I'm sorry to air the dirty laundry in a review but as I said there's no other way to contact the developer.
VNC over SSH makes it a winner!
I love how it makes it feel so simple, a few machines running VNC on the LAN and a tiny SSH Linux VM let me open up the machines without and subscriptions or special stuff.
Cannot get VNC to work, can’t recommend
I’ve tried numerous times trying to get VNC to work with this app. SSH does work, but bought this for VNC. I’ve been able to easily get VNC to work with another app. I cannot recommend this app. I’ve tried to get a refund however Apple’s online refund system immediately rejects my request with no explanation. Should have known not to buy this app given zero updates in over a year. Avoid buying this app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.