Reno is a pro reddit client, with super clean Instagram styled user interface, stacks of convenient features designed for reddit lovers.
Reno is designed by the creator of iAlien, one of the most popular reddit clients back in the day. We discontinued the app because the official reddit client was great, it made no sense for us to make another reddit client.
After years of thinking, we are finally able to design an app with a super clean user interface, meanwhile make it as powerful as the official app. Our goal is to make the best reddit client for iOS, and we will roll out more features in the coming months.
• Now you can switch between compact mode, card mode and gallery mode(iPad only)
• Fixed a bug in crosspost content
Ratings and Reviews
I love the app, I have a few suggestions though
I was browsing the app store for a new Reddit client, (I’ve been using the official one for a while) I’ve never liked Apollo or Narwhal, and I came across this! It’s amazing and the interface is so clean.
But I’d like to see a couple things added-
1. A “quick move” button, it will take you down to the next comment thread in the post. The official reddit app has it and it’s been the hardest thing to get used to.
2. Different themes and icons that aren’t locked behind a paywall. Make some free user-interface themes and free icons. Maybe an icon for each color and stuff like that. And the interface themes could change the color of the Upvote and Downvote button when they’re not clicked yet, the color of the red when composing a comment or post, and some other colored features. You could make them for both Light and Dark mode. As the Official reddit app has styles, but only accessible in light mode.
3. User and post flairs. Plus the ability to add them to your post. I can’t post in Sub-redddits that require a flair because I’m unable to add one. Please add this soon.
And thats all I have to say! Great app overall, I’m just looking for a few things to be added.
Really cool but missing one glaringly obvious thing
I really want to love this app but you guys and every other third-party Reddit app developers ALWAYS miss the option to swipe through posts in your feed without having to back out of the post and scroll down. I don't need to swipe on comments to reply or flag or whatever. A button is fine. It's very nice being able to see the posts and comments all at once. I end up missing a lot of cool posts and discussions because I constantly have to click back and forth between posts. I'm sure this is done to appease oldReddit users who want to get away from the wall of text, but still want to feel like they're maintaining some sort of "control" of their viewing. Why not an option? Literally just add that one feature and it's an immediate 5 stars. I'd change my review.
Fantastic - Some Suggestions
I think aesthetically this app look and functions fantastically. The only things I’ve noticed so far is that I wish there was an icon to designate when a post is pinned and I also wish you could easily switch between posts and comments when viewing a profile, I know how it works now but maybe a tab system would be better to easily switch? Also maybe have the option to long press a comment to collapse? The current system works fine and looks really nice but it would be more convenient when I’m using my phone with only my left hand if I could long press. Thanks for the app!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Foupon Inc.
- 20 MB
- Requires iOS 12 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Unrestricted Web Access Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 Reno
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.