Discover scientific knowledge and connect with your peers from anywhere with the ResearchGate app.
Keep up with the latest research in your field and choose what you want to read later. Connect with your peers and message them directly from your mobile. Keep up with your stats, including reads, recommendations, and citations of your work. Respond to your requests and messages and see your notifications. Get relevant updates sent via push notifications directly to your mobile.
Use the ResearchGate app to:
- Discover interesting research in your field and from your network
- Stay up to date with your latest stats
- Connect with people in your field and message them directly
- Keep track of your notifications
- Get relevant updates sent directly to your mobile
- Fix push notification registration
Ratings and Reviews
Design UI unusable on iPhone X and newer phones
Update 26Feb2019: Well, clearly condone at RG is listening to concerns about UI mad functionality. In the PSY month they have issued half dozen or more updates. Works fine now on iPhone XS. Still some glitches in interface and limitations on functionality vs online version. But a huge improvement.
Original Review: The app seems to have nice features but because the graphical UI is poorly done on newer iPhones (unclear its actually coded for them, but if so they need a new coder). The result is that the interface elements such as drop down and back arrow are overlapping with system elements like time, location services, network and battery life. As a result, it’s nearly impossible to get those app buttons to register. It also looks poorly on these screens because both the top and bottom of the app are clearly not optimized to fit the screens well. It’s just off. I emailed them several months ago but no fix has occurred. Given it’s nearly u useable hard to give much over one star. I wouldn’t criticize for lack of compatibility with bleeding edge iPhone that was released, say, a week prior. But this screen configuration is over 16 months old and on Apple’s FOUR most recent models.
Great app for researchers. However...
ResearchGate finally has an app! I love this! It’s very convenient to see new articles from the scientist I follow. I particularly like the easy access to my messages with its own tab. I also like that I cam easily access the research items I follow by tapping the tab on the upper right corner. Also very convenient to see my profile and stats. I can download papers and upload them to Drive or Dropbox.
HOWEVER, I would like to be able to search articles not just researchers using the search bar on top. Another feature that I’d like to have access to is the questions. It doesn’t seem to have a tab or a way to access them through the app. Being able to ask and answer questions on the go using the app would be great.
Looking forward to more updates and will continue to use it.
App needs work like iPad version TouchID/FaceID
App is good but could use several improvements to make it more user friendly
1. Could use an iPad OS version that works in landscape mode compared to forgoing the app and just using a browser on the iPad to access the web site. Right now I think a browser is better on the iPad.
2. Addition of TouchID and FaceID login adds a little more security for those who feel login security is not necessary for such a specialized blog. If the people at researchgate feel extra security is not needed remember me at least makes it easier not to have to login continuously.
Maybe the people at Apple can assist in adding these new features if it’s felt the app should be improved rather than just using a browser
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- ResearchGate GmbH
- 48.2 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 ResearchGate GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.