Retro Bowl is the perfect game for the armchair quarterback to finally prove a point. Presented in a glorious retro style, the game has simple roster management, including press duties and the handling of fragile egos, while on the field you get to call the shots. Can you pass the grade and take your team all the way to the ultimate prize? Can you win the Retro Bowl?
Added QB slide anim
Fixed player game rating issue
Fixed 16-0 achievement description
Clock stops for turnover on downs
CPU won't onside kick when tied
Fixed inverse stamina issue
Bullet throws easier to complete
Save system updated
Other games and links screen added
Fixed PS label on W18 load slot
Fixed kick arrow issue
Ratings and Reviews
Love a good retro style game and stumbled upon this a few months ago and can NOT stop playing. The endless style of strategy to customize your team and to perform is just incredibly entertaining. It has the perfect mix of control and auto-play. Changing team colors, uniforms, names and locations is so much fun as well.
The developers are constantly updating the game and fixing bugs (love the new little tweaks you put into the menu music btw 🥳👍👏. I honestly have no qualms about this game whatsoever. I purchased the game and would honestly even pay $5 a month if there were more extensive options or additions to the game and I never purchase games... Such as maybe an easy gameplay for playing defense?! (Please please PLEASE tell me you guys have been beta testing some sort of defensive gameplay option). Or have the option to choose your own play in audibles or particular offensive strategy such as run heavy or pass heavy. I think adding some sort of game play strategy would hold a lot more weight in deciding an offensive or defensive coordinator. The last thing that I think would be awesome is enhancing trading. There is no option to try and barter with another team for a player with money or straight up trading one of your stars for money instead of just getting draft picks.
Anyways download this game if you haven’t, and then spend the dollar on it because it’s worth it. And developers please keep adding great options within this game!
Awesome game but could be improved!
I absolutely Love this game and I’ve had it now for about a year. Recently I paid the dollar for premium so I could make college teams which has made it really cool. However I have three things that I feel like could be improved. For one, defensive coverage doesn’t ever seem to cover the te and it means if you want to you have an easy 10-15 yard play almost whenever you want it. Number two, although you can change players names by paying the dollar, it would be nice if you were able to edit the character that they look like as well as their ratings. This way if the player chooses they can make whatever kind of players they want. Sort of like how you can build a player in madden. Last of all, it would be really cool if they made it where you can download other peoples saves. Like I said, I made college teams but it required a long time because I had to individually go in and edit every teams name and uniforms. It would help a lot if players could just download a version that other players have made. I’m not sure how easy this would be but I think it would improve the experience for sure. Overall this is my favorite football game on mobile, but these are things that I have thought of a lot while playing it over the last year and I definitely think that it would make the game more fun!
Some more depth elements
1. The fans seem to shift to much, for example they could love you then you lose one game and you lose like 20% fan interest. So that needs to be bumped down a little.
2. Add more control over play calling. So you could add a system for offense where every play you have three options to pick from. Then on defense you could make it so you have a pass defense play, run defense play, and balanced play (run and pass). And to decide which one to choose it gives you a percentage chance of which play the offense would call. So if it’s 60/40, 60 for pass, 40 for run. You have a better chance of getting a pick with a pass play but if they call a run play they will get a big gain. Since it’s 60/40. Then same thing with other percentages.
3. Add an option for playbooks. This, would play into hiring coordinators like some scan have a aggressive defense some have pass heavy offense and etc.
4. Finally make it an option for you to start off coaching in college so you can stay there if you don’t want to be in the nfl. Maybe if you do well get a chance in the nfl, if you do poorly you get moved down to a lower conference team like from sec to sun belt or you could just go to a less known college.
Also please make these free because I believe these would make this game a five star app.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- New Star Games
- 18.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 New Star Games Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Version $0.99
- Coaching Credits x 250 $4.99
- Coaching Credits x 50 $1.99
- Coaching Credits x 100 $2.99
- Coaching Credits x 500 $9.99
- Coaching Credits x 25 $0.99
- Coaching Credits x 75 $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.