An updated, handcrafted game about fishing with guns, chainsaws & toasters.
Follow Billy as he tries to find redemption from his uncertain past. Chase your destiny on the high seas and embark on a heroic quest for gills and glory.
An all-new 3D Ridiculous Fishing built from the ground up by the original award-winning team, with new features:
+ Gorgeous 3D art
+ An all new Pro Fishing Tour endgame mode
+ Exclusive new content
+ Total rewrite from the ground up
+ All new guest fish
Based on Vlambeer’s popular 2013 original, Ridiculous Fishing was lovingly handcrafted over the course of two years by Vlambeer (Super Crate Box, Nuclear Throne), Zach Gage (SpellTower, Knotwords, Good Sudoku, Really Bad Chess, Card of Darkness) and Greg Wohlwend (Threes, Hundreds, TumbleSeed), and remade in collaboration with KO_OP (GNOG, Winding Worlds).
Winner of the Apple Design Award 2013; Nominated for the 2011 Independent Games Festival Awards; Declared Most Important News Story 2011 by industry magazine Control International; Featured in The New York Times
Praise for the original *Ridiculous Fishing*:
"Ridiculous Fishing is such a complete package that it's an effortless recommendation." ~ Eli Hodapp (TouchArcade) - (5 / 5)
"Every aspect of the game, from the rewarding upgrade system to the unique graphics, displays an intricate craftsmanship we rarely see on the App Store." ~ Chris Reed (Slide2Play) - (4 / 4)
"Vlambeer's game is, as its title suggests, ridiculous. In its simple, gleeful rhythms of play, it's sublime, too." ~ EDGE - (9 / 10)
"One of the most mechanically satisfying experiences you'll ever find, and wrapped in a dazzlingly cool aesthetic." ~ Eli Cymet (Gamezebo) - (5 / 5)
"It makes the mass destruction of innocent sea life absolutely adorable." ~ Andrew Webster (The Verge)
"I've come to think of Ridiculous Fishing as the unofficial game of Wes Anderson's movie The Life Aquatic." ~ Rob Hearn (PocketGamer)
"Ridiculous Fishing is from an alternate iPhone gaming universe where Nintendo is the production quality standard and action is everything." ~ Robert Ashley (A Life Well Wasted)
"A rare pearl amidst the endless sardines of iOS games." ~ Chris Bateman (International Hobo)
"I'm hooked up to an IV and playing Ridiculous Fishing. One is medicine, the other is a painkiller." ~ Ben Kuchera (PA Report)
"Ridiculous Fishing is something very special." ~ exp. Magazine
Thank you for playing and enjoying the game!
- Fixed an issue where repeatedly tapping the screen during an area transition would result in casting your line twice
- Adjusted haptics on akimbo auto-pistols, boss death and final bullet
- Connecting a PlayStation controller now shows correct glyphs
- Added a "SWAP" reminder to PFT when you run out of ammo
- Disable Haptics setting is now only available on iOS devices
- Pro Fishing Tour: Frenzy modifier now works correctly when fish are killed underwater
- Billy now wears his equipped clothes during The Cycle sequence
- Fixed an issue where controller inputs would become unresponsive if the controller is connected while the application is running
Expect more updates soon!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Vlambeer vof
- 313.5 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15.0 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 13.0 or later.
- Game Controller
- Recommended The developer, Vlambeer, designed this game to be played with a controller for the best experience.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Vlambeer vof
Play this game with your favorite compatible controller.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.