Do you want to enjoy your mpd or kodi music library using a fluent and modern controller on your Mac? Then Rigelian is for you.
Rigelian lets you browse through your music library quickly so you’ll be listening to your favorite tunes in seconds.
Here’s what you can expect:
• Browse by Artist, Album, Genre, Folder and Composer, Performer (mpd only)
• Browse and play thousands of Radio Stations via Shoutcast
• Create, edit and save playlists (mpd only)
• Support for cue files (mpd only)
• Immediate access to your most recently added albums
• Play a random album or random songs
• Intuitive and fast search function
• Presets for quick access to your favourites
• Add music the way you want it:
• Replace your play queue
• Add at the next position in the play queue
• Add at the next position in the play queue and start playing
• Add to the end of the play queue
• Cross-browsing from the play queue to artist and album
• Display quality indicator for the currently playing track
• Automatic detection and configuration of players on your network (Kodi, Bryston, Volumio, Rune, moOde, standard mpd)
• Easily switch between players
• Optimized cover art retrieval
• Artist biographies and similar artists
• Dark mode
• Listen on your Mac via a http stream
Some functions in Rigelian require that you purchase a subscription. This helps support the continued development of Rigelian, to keep it up to date with the latest developments, and include additional functions in the future.
There are two subscriptions (monthly and annual), both come with a 2-month free trial period. If you find during that trial period that this software is not for you, you can cancel the subscription and will not be charged anything.
Additional information about Rigelian subscriptions:
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account after the 2-month trial period ends.
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. Automatic renewals will cost the same price you were originally charged for the subscription.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
Terms of Service
You can now directly listen to a stream from your mpd player on your Mac (requires a subscription and a mpd player with a http output configured).
Other improvements in this version:
• When you hover over an album a button appears that lets you immediately play the album.
• Don’t like purple? You can now select from a small number of additional theme colors.
• Track numbering for multi-disc sets now works correctly.
• The display of quality information is improved.
• A better looking app icon.
• Some minor problems are fixed.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
For Chord Poly+Mojo, probably the best choice
The Chord Poly+Mojo sounds best to me when playing off the internal SD card, but the user experience has never been great because I’ve found the other UPnP/MPD apps I’ve tried to be finicky, buggy, ugly, or clunky. Very pleased to have found Rigelian, for me it’s much, much closer to the ideal experience. The only main drawback so far is the inability to pull my own album art off the SD card in the Poly, but from what I gather this is partly a limitation with the early version of MPD still used by Chord, rather than a problem per se with Rigelian. Let’s hope Chord can update this, and in the meantime I’m using Rigelian with enthusiasm, and a decent amount of album art is already coming in more or less okay for me via the online matching options. I would highly recommended this over other options for lovers of the SD card in Poly/Mojo (and presumably now the Chord 2go + Hugo 2 combo).
Wow. I’m totally impressed. I love mpd but a lot of clients feel like hacked projects. This one is feature complete and polished.
My only nag is regarding subscriptions. My family all plays music on the same mpd device. Doesn’t seem right to need 5 subscriptions to allow everyone to use it. Maybe consider a high-priced one time payment that can then be family shared. For example, I’d gladly pay $50 up front to do something like this.
The best MPD interface for iOS
I use a iPhone to access my Raspberry Pi music server running Rune Audio. This app is a dream come true. Ever since Mpod stopped being updated I’ve been missing the ability to shuffle tracks and select random albums from my collection. This app does that and more. Now art appears where it didn’t before and Thank you!!!! Keep up the good work.
- Lcw Kremers
- 12.5 MB
macOS 10.15 or later. Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Katoemba Software
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Year Access - Auto Renew $3.49
- 1 Month Access - Auto Renew $0.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.