Do you want to enjoy your mpd or kodi music library using a fluent and modern controller on your Mac? Then Rigelian is for you.
Rigelian lets you browse through your music library quickly so you’ll be listening to your favorite tunes in seconds.
Here’s what you can expect:
• Browse by Artist, Album, Genre, Folder and Composer, Performer (mpd only)
• Browse and play thousands of Radio Stations via Shoutcast
• Create, edit and save playlists (mpd only)
• Support for cue files (mpd only)
• Immediate access to your most recently added albums
• Play a random album or random songs
• Intuitive and fast search function
• Presets for quick access to your favourites
• Add music the way you want it:
• Replace your play queue
• Add at the next position in the play queue
• Add at the next position in the play queue and start playing
• Add to the end of the play queue
• Cross-browsing from the play queue to artist and album
• Display quality indicator for the currently playing track
• Automatic detection and configuration of players on your network (Kodi, Bryston, Volumio, Rune, moOde, standard mpd)
• Easily switch between players
• Optimized cover art retrieval
• Artist biographies and similar artists
• Dark mode
• Listen on your Mac via a http stream
Some functions in Rigelian require that you purchase a subscription. This helps support the continued development of Rigelian, to keep it up to date with the latest developments, and include additional functions in the future.
There are two subscriptions (monthly and annual), both come with a 2-month free trial period. If you find during that trial period that this software is not for you, you can cancel the subscription and will not be charged anything.
Additional information about Rigelian subscriptions:
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account after the 2-month trial period ends.
• Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. Automatic renewals will cost the same price you were originally charged for the subscription.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
Terms of Service
A whole set of new functions and improvements:
• a 3-column view for artists, genres and playlist, for easier navigation
• for artists, you choose between icon and list view
• a new artwork assistant for artist artwork
• a new function to shuffle all tracks from an artist and similar artists
• improvements for album and artist image loading
• fix a problem where the seek slider was not usable
• fix a problem with missing recent albums on older mpd versions (mostly hitting Bryston users)
Ratings and Reviews
For Chord Poly+Mojo, probably the best choice
The Chord Poly+Mojo sounds best to me when playing off the internal SD card, but the user experience has never been great because I’ve found the other UPnP/MPD apps I’ve tried to be finicky, buggy, ugly, or clunky. Very pleased to have found Rigelian, for me it’s much, much closer to the ideal experience. The only main drawback so far is the inability to pull my own album art off the SD card in the Poly, but from what I gather this is partly a limitation with the early version of MPD still used by Chord, rather than a problem per se with Rigelian. Let’s hope Chord can update this, and in the meantime I’m using Rigelian with enthusiasm, and a decent amount of album art is already coming in more or less okay for me via the online matching options. I would highly recommended this over other options for lovers of the SD card in Poly/Mojo (and presumably now the Chord 2go + Hugo 2 combo).
brilliant Roon replacement
Rigelian is an intuitive, well-supported macOS app (and companion iOS app) that I've been using to control my mpd-based music library and stream internet radio stations. Thanks to Rigelian I will be cancelling my Roon subscription, which is overkill for my needs, less user-friendly, and now costs $120/year. Rigelian costs less than $6/year and has provided trouble-free performance and great sound quality. Highly recommended!
The best MPD interface for iOS
I use a iPhone to access my Raspberry Pi music server running Rune Audio. This app is a dream come true. Ever since Mpod stopped being updated I’ve been missing the ability to shuffle tracks and select random albums from my collection. This app does that and more. Now art appears where it didn’t before and Thank you!!!! Keep up the good work.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lcw Kremers
- 21.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020-2021 Katoemba Software
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Month Access - Auto Renew $0.49
- 1 Year Access - Auto Renew $3.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.