mconnect Player is a media player app to support UPnP/DLNA and Google Cast(Chromecast).
- Send Video/Photo/Music to UPnP and Google Cast (Chromecast) devices.
- Gapless Playback by App and to UPnP renderers.
- DSD and FLAC music playback by App.
- Play TIDAL music & video and Qobuz music to UPnP and Google Cast devices.
- Send media files to Apple AirPlay compatible devices from PC, NAS and Internet.
You can play media files from any Servers to any Playback Devices with mconnect Player.
- Your iPhone and iPad.
- UPnP compatible servers: PC and NAS.
- Internet Music integrated into App: TIDAL and Qobuz.
- Cloud Server integrated into App: OneDrive and Dropbox.
- Your iPhone and iPad.
- UPnP compatible renderers: Smart TV, UPnP supported Audio, UPnP receivers.
- Google Cast: Chromecast, Google Cast compatible Audio.
- AirPlay compatible devices: Apple TV, Airport Express, AirPlay Audio.
Note: If you send a media file to a remote playback device, the playable media format depends on the media decoder in the remote playback device.
iPhone, iPad, AirPlay, Apple TV, and AirPort Express are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Google Cast and Chromecast are registered trademarks of Google Inc.
DLNA is a trademark of Digital Living Network Alliance.
UPnP is a certification mark of the UPnP Forum in the United States and other countries.
TIDAL is a trademark of ASPIRO AB.
Qobuz is a trademark of XANDRIE SA.
- Fixed the issue of stopping playback for a certain case.
Ratings and Reviews
Was BAD NEWS Now GOOD NEWS
Using this app on an old iPhone 6S Plus, it used to take 15-20 minutes to recognize DNLA devices on my network! UPDATE: Now on iPhone Xs and iPad Pro, along with developer software updates, devices are recognized instantly! I conveniently stream Tidal to my DNLA network devices (like Marantz pre-processor and PS Audio DAC) using my phone, and the sound quality is excellent.
Got this app to stream at least CD quality music to a volumio server, and it does that okay! One nitpick, when I connected to tidal, it didn’t stream until I found the settings and selected the highest quality stream settings. Overall sounds good and let’s me easily stream tidal to my system more reliably that using the tidal app directly (which uses airplay or Chromecast Audio, not upnp, I believe).
The UI leaves a bit to be desired, but it’s the best I’ve tried for iOS, so giving it 5 stars.
Edit: just to clarify this app does not seem to stream Tidal Masters at 24bit. It could be a limitation in Tidal or my UPnP server (volumio), or my HiFiBerry DAC. I’m not sure what’s to blame. CD quality sounds great though.
Perfect for Hi res DLNA off my Synology
I tried a bunch of different apps to play to a Topping D50 DAC I picked up recently. This plays everything I’ve thrown at it. It also has a straightforward interface and browses the music server quickly. I’m holding out hope they’ll add some remote functionality. I’d love to use my iPhone to control mconnect playing on a different iPad over my network.
- Convers Digital Co., Ltd.
- 80.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012-18 ConversDigital Co., Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.