ACHIEVE THE PERFECT CUP – CONSISTENTLY
Creative coffee roasting is an art. The key lies in leveraging both your triumphs and mistakes, and visualizing how all of your data works together to affect the final taste. Designed for specialty and prosumer roasters alike, Roastmaster paints the bigger picture. It enhances and speeds your workflow, compounding your achievements on your way to that consistently perfect cup!
Learn from the past and build a future:
Set a roadmap from any profile or roast with just a tap
Track any number of reading or control curves with various scales, like temperature, pressure or humidity
Target, inspect, and monitor data in the interactive analyzer
Stay on course with delta curves, level indicators, and temperature projections
Never miss a milestone with alarms, set-point alerts, and temperature trigger notifications
Save any roast as a profile, and build a custom library tailored to style or bean
View interactive roast log reports to compare metrics like drying time, development percent, moisture loss, and many others
Create roaster maintenance schedules to be reminded when individual tasks are due, and log details like service time and costs
Keep your green bean inventory in sync with your actual stock — automatically:
Beans or blends – let Roastmaster do the bean counting for you!
Set order reminders to alert you of low inventory
Record details like country, trade, processing, and more
Track lot details such as age, cost, moisture, Q Score, and more
Audit inventory and lot shipments with advanced reporting
Get creative concocting, tasting, and perfecting your signature blends:
Blend green beans or roasts by weight or percentage
Create "snapshot" experiments and track your results
Roasting a blend? Let Roastmaster calculate the green weights
Rate a morning pot of drip coffee, or score a professional cupping session:
Record extraction time, brew ratio, grind settings, and more
Score traditional attributes like aroma, body, and acidity with multiple cupping styles
Enter scores easily with interactive spider graphs
Visualize how cupping scores relate to all aspects of your workflow
LINK TO THERMOCOUPLES (OPTIONAL)
The Data Logging in-app purchase allows you to connect one or more thermocouples to automate your roasts. Roastmaster displays and records real-time temperature readings from each probe. When paired with Roastmaster’s other automation features, roasting becomes truly hands-free!
MUCH, MUCH MORE
Reports, labels, sharing – if it’s aimed at great tasting coffee, you can bet it’s in there or we’re working on it! For a complete guide and walkthrough, please visit: http://rainfroginc.com
• iOS 14 support
• Reimagined interface–designed to be cleaner, brighter, faster and more informative
• New, advanced scale systems, such as humidity, pressure and Agtron, let you profile with more than just temperatures
• Full support for the iOS Shortcuts app, allowing you to easily integrate with other software or backend data platforms. Build comprehensive, smart workflows and run them to find and process the data you want…on-the-fly, according to a schedule, or by using Siri
• The Roast Analyzer now contains a browser to show all Events and their statuses at a glance, and static selector buttons to make Curve interaction easy
• Roast, Blend and Cupping creation helpers make these common tasks easier and faster
• Full Dark Mode support that is backed by a smarter graphing engine, and new color chooser with preview–ensuring your curves display with optimal contrast in any mode
• Smart Pull to Dismiss gesture support and other improvements make data entry easier on compact devices
• Scribble support
• List views now support multiple item export
• Brand new sounds that are controlled by the device volume buttons for common actions, and the system alert volume for alarms
• Tap or long tap the start button in the console of a finished Roast to quickly choose a Roast Degree
• New Brewed Weight field and auto-calculated Extraction Yield values are now included in the Cupping detail view and reports
• Low Inventory Report shows you which Beans need to be reordered based on their Inventory Warning value
• New auto-trigger enabled Event types for Development time and percentage, and Pyrolysis time and percentage
• Bug fixes
• Much, much more!
• Rewritten Data Logging engine, with sweeping improvements to reduce processing overhead and increase battery life
• Increased accuracy of Probe timing, Node capturing, Delta Curves and Projection Markers
• Control Curves now support Automatic Data Logging, just like Reading Curves
• Probes are now stored in the database, and travel with it
• Finalized, expanded RBP 2.0 Protocol for DIY probe hardware
• Support for Phidgets Wireless VINT Hub provides a cheaper alternative to SBC hosts
• Native support for the upcoming RoastLink Pro Bluetooth LE hardware
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great, well designed, modern app
I avoided this app for a long time because I *wrongly* thought it was dead and from the iOS 6 area of skeuomorphism. Screenshots on their website are dated, the roaster graphic threw me, along with infrequent updates.
I finally bought it today on the verge of writing my own app, and oh boy am I glad I did! I’ve really been missing out for a long time. It’s well thought out, feature rich, and works very well. If you home roast, and don’t want to use Artisan, this app is a must have. I have a Behmor, and it has custom profiles just for that which is great and niche because I can’t easily put probes in there and the automatic modes are already profiled.
Amazing roasting app!
I tried all the major roasting software apps/programs. I used Cropster and Artisan extensively and came back to Roastmaster. The scope is pretty much one of the best you can use and it has all the features you could possibly want!
I just hope they push an update before apple makes it redundant.
Overall good app
I’m new to roasting but I started using this app to document my progress and results. Quite satisfied with its capability. Since I’m using a Behmor 1600+ I don’t have an easy way to log bean temperatures but I can log the basic B reading for comparison purposes. Help files are full of great documentation.
If I had a wish list it would be for two items - ability to store a low to medium resolution image with a roast, and the ability to make a blend from existing roasts.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rainfrog, Inc.
- 143.9 MB
- Food & Drink
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Rainfrog, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Data Logging $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.