* Free Open Source Software
* Hassle free MIT license
* BYOS (bring your own server)
* Multiple Rooms
* Direct Messages
* Private Groups
* Public Channels
* Desktop and Mobile Notifications
* Edit and Delete Sent Messages
* Transcripts / History
* File Upload / Sharing
* I18n - [Internationalization with Lingohub]
* Hubot Friendly - [Hubot Integration Project]
* Media Embeds
* Link Previews
* LDAP Authentication
* REST-full APIs
* Remote Locations Video Monitoring
* Native Cross-Platform Desktop Application
GET IT NOW:
* Check out at https://rocket.chat
* ONE-CLICK-DEPLOYMENT – See instruction on our GitHub repository
Video chat will open on the browser by default
Ratings and Reviews
does not support beta users for new apple catalina
I can't open the chat now that I am a beta tester for apples new mac software.... I work from home, and need this rocket chat, I have it on my phone but it will not let me open on my mac because it needs updated.. when will this be done?
Seems like a late stage beta more than a refined product
Overall, not a bad app but needs some refinement and bug squashes.
1. UX suggestion - The "is typing" notification appears under the text input box which pushes the input box up. This makes the input box partially cover the last message, so if there's a rapid convo goiing, you basically have to wait until the other person is done typing or scroll constantly to see what they wrote. It'd be better if you left a pad on the bottom for notification. The constant shift of elements is maddening. having it appear above the input and shifting the convo would be just as annoying.
2. 1-to-1 BUG - There are times where a single 1-to-1 will silently fail. I will receive messages from every other person and group chat, but won't be able to receive or send messages in that 1-to-1. I have no idea that it happens and will miss important messages. The only thing which fixes it is to restart the app.
No Ability to change Look
It may have Slack like functions but there is no preferences pane to allow for customization of the font size so unless you have a microscope hooked up to your computer monitor and enjy the font of the app store review pages, then you are in good hands otherwise its awful. Colors? There is no documentation anywhere to deal with colors, I think you have to download the source off of github and build your own version in order to customize. I am a developer but I have better things to do with my time than deal with figuring this stupis stuff out, so GUYS GET IT TOGETHER AND HIRE A UX DEV
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rocket.Chat Technologies Corp.
- 158.2 MB
- Requires macOS 10.11.0 or later.
English, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2022 Rocket.Chat Technologies Corp.