Get to know the must-have app for streamers
Use the free Roku® mobile app to:
• Control your Roku devices with a convenient remote
• Use your voice or keyboard to quickly search for entertainment
• Enjoy private listening with headphones
• Stream free movies, live TV, and more on the go with The Roku Channel
• Cast media files from your phone, like videos and photos, to your TV
• Add and launch channels on your Roku devices
• Enter text on your Roku device easier with your mobile keyboard
You must connect your phone or tablet to the same wireless network as your Roku device to use certain features of the mobile app. Some features require a compatible Roku device and may require logging into your Roku account.
• Voice search is available in English in the US, UK, and Canada. It’s also available in Spanish in Mexico and the US.
• The Roku Channel can be viewed in the mobile app in the US only.
• Some channels require payment, can change, and vary by country.
For more information and troubleshooting, go to http://support.roku.com and
- Updated Settings page.
- Fixed an error streaming some certain content.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A MUST HAVE
I have a few Ruko TVs in my house. Got tired of my toddler running off with the remotes and my other child stealing mine leaving me with no remote. I downloaded this app, and I am ready to upgrade my non smart TVs that I use Firestick’s with, and just use Roku. This Roku remote app is amazing. You can turn the tv up with the volume on your phone, you can adjust settings without interrupting the actual tv, as well as browsing on my phone to see what’s on tv, again without interrupting the actual tv. The coolest part I thought was that I was able to turn the sound off my tv and play the sound through my phone! Reminds me of being in the hospital, watching the tv and listening through the remote(my phone). It is an awesome feature. This apps speed and uninterrupted tv makes a huge difference in how I feel about Ruko TVs now. I thought I liked firestick, but I am an Apple person and firesticks remote almost never works when I need it to. This app for Ruko doesn’t ever let me down.
Great app when it decides to work
I mainly use this for when I lose my physical remote or private listening when I want to watch TV, but not wake up housemates. It seems quite frequently it has stopped connecting to my TV saying that my TV may be in “eco mode” and asks me to “wake it up.” My TV is never in “eco mode” and I’m usually in the middle of a show when this happens. The only way I’ve figured out how to get it to recognize my TV again is to completely unplug my TV for about 20 seconds and plug it back in to completely reboot it. Then it usually works, but will often disconnect during the same watching session. It’s very random, too. Sometimes I can go a whole day without this problem. Sometimes I give up and just watch stuff from my phone because I can’t get it to private listen for more than 5 minutes. I have a strong WiFi connection and my bed where I try to private listen from isn’t far from my Roku TV. I don’t think I’ve ever reviewed an app before, but this needs to be fixed. I’ve looked at reviews from a year (and longer) ago complaining of the exact same issue. PLEASE GET THIS FIXED, roku developers!
Private listening issue
I got this for two reasons. The first is because I lose my remote a lot and I hate changing batteries in that stupid remote constantly. But the second reason is because I’m losing my hearing after chemo. I feel like if I can use a headset for private listening I would be able to hear better. Also the family wouldn’t complain that I have the TV turned up too loud. The problem is I don’t know how to set up private listening and I can’t find anything in the support to help me. With 246 similar questions in frequently asked questions, it would take me days to find, if not weeks, anything that might remotely help. I’m not sure why instructions aren’t included with some of these apps for setting it up with basic functions. I’ve searched everywhere within the app that I can think of and everywhere outside of the app I can think of, yet I still cannot set this up for private listening. Is there anyone that can help me?
- ROKU INC
- 117.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2011-2020 Roku, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.