A dream calculator of the 70's, priced at $3,200 in today's dollars, now affordable for everyone!
RPN-97 Pro is the first complete simulation of Hewlett-Packard's legendary HP-97 programmable calculator for iOS. Produced from 1976 to 1984, the HP-97's features coupled with its capability to store programs on magnetic cards made it a huge success among scientists, engineers and other professionals. Thousands of programs were written for it. Now you can run them right on your iPad, with more ease and faster than ever before. To get you started quickly, download hundreds of program cards from our website for free.
What users said:
“The most delightful app I possess. The magnet card reader emulation rocks. Would have paid much more for this."
"As the owner of an actual working HP 97 calculator, I am blown away with this new simulator. Simply fabulous."
"Whoever coded this my hat goes off to you - what a professional piece of work, incredible app."
RPN-97 Pro is fully compatible with RPN-67 Pro, its companion simulator of the HP-67 calculator.
• Virtual program and data cards
• Virtual paper tape printer
• Powerful database-driven card manager
• Create, label, and organize a virtually unlimited number of cards
• Use iTunes to effortlessly save entire card collections on your Mac/PC
• Sharing: e-mail, AirDrop, Dropbox, copy, paste, print
• Formatted listing clearly showing labels and targets of branches
• E-mail listings and let the recipient paste the text right into RPN-97
• Print listings on any AirPrint-compatible printer
• Program listing on paper tape shows subroutine nesting
• Edit paper tape
• E-mail paper tape, or print it via AirPrint
• Cut/copy/paste displayed value or program steps
• Paste HP-67 or HP-97 listings from other sources into RPN-97 and run them
• "Live" display of stack, memory registers, program counter, flags
• Show program usage notes
• 30 selectable background images, even add your own
• Much faster than a real HP-97
• Low-battery indicator (iPad charge 10% or less)
• Compatible with RPN-67 Pro and RPN-67 SD, CuVee Software's HP-67 simulators
• Supports hardware keyboard
While RPN-97 Pro can work exactly like a real HP-97, changing a simple setting will turn the app into a super-charged HP-97:
• Up to 999 program steps, 8 subroutine levels, 6 additional flags (F4...F9)
• 100 additional registers
• 100 additional labels
• 100 built-in constants and conversions
• More than 150 additional powerful operations and functions
• 15 commands to print and manipulate any range of extended registers
• Unrestricted register arithmetic
• Exchange x with any register
• Complex numbers mode, hyperbolic functions
• Non-volatile memory - stack, registers, program, flags, paper tape
• Status indicators for prefix keys (EXT, f, LBL, GTO, etc.)
• Display showing thousands separators (optional)
• Text output on paper tape in 10 colors, even simple plotting
• Stack-of-stack: push/pop the entire stack on internal stack (4 levels)
• Single-step into subroutines (optional)
• Powerful debugging aids, including 10 breakpoints with counters
• Keycodes translated to command name while entering or single-stepping a program
• Change the duration of the PAUSE command
• Cancel SST or BST operation by simply sliding your finger off the depressed key
• Compress constants in programs into a single step (reversible)
• Use existing programs in text format by a simple paste operation
RPN-97 Pro comes with more than 130 programs pre-installed, including HP Standard Pac, HP Business Decisions Pac, HP Math Pac I, HP Stat Pac I, and HP Surveying Pac I.
The simulator has been verified to correctly run the examples given in HP Civil Engineering Pac I, HP Clinical Lab Pac, HP E.E. Pac I, HP Games Pac I, HP M.E. Pac I, HP Navigation Pac I, as well as large number of programs published in Users' Library Solutions.
For more information and free program downloads visit the RPN-97/67 website: cuveesoft.ch/rpn67
• Hardware keyboard support!
Use your iPad's Smart Keyboard, or any Bluetooth keyboard, to do calculations, run programs, change views, adjust settings, control the printer, and more - without ever touching the iPad screen. Press and hold the cmd-key to see the most important commands. Type cmd-? to see which key does what.
• If the HP dot-matrix font is enabled in vintage mode, printing is accompanied by sounds of a real HP-97.
• The HP dot-matrix printer font may be turned on or off by a switch in the settings, in addition to the extended command PRT MODE.
• Using scientific notation could crash the app in some regions, i.e. Australia, Sweden.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I used this calculator for work and pleasure back in the 90's and loved it. I have no idea what happened to it. This app is a perfect replacement. I'd rate it 10 stars if I could. On the developer's web site you can download most of the program cards written by HP and many others written by users. The developer has really enhanced the original calculator and promises more to come. There is an option in the settings to use the enhanced version; it has an extra 100 storage registers that can be accessed just like the original registers; it has 1,000 program steps; it has the ability to print ASCII characters; it has many additional functions accessed by an new EXT key. The paper tape of your calculations can be emailed or printed. This app is well worth the price.
Printer doesn’t make sounds
I love the app I just wish the printer was more realistic. So when I print something it sounds like it’s doing something.
I have purchased all of the previous HP RPN calculators by Cuvee and use one or two of them every day. Usually the HP-45 for routine calculations and HP-70 for anything having to do with finance. However I am even more impressed by the implementation of the HP-97. This is truly a work of art. Better than the original from HP which cost about $750 during the 1970's. It has now become my go-to calculator.
HP led the way with products that have not been equalled for day-to-day calculations. Cuvee and Apple have now brought these designs into the digital age. I wish you great success. My only concern is that you are running out of HP products to emulate.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.