This is a macOS version of the iOS rtl_tcp SDR app.
- Connect, via the rtl_tcp network protocol, to a remote or directly connected RTL-SDR USB peripheral
- Listen to AM, FM, SSB and CW radio signals
- View an RF spectrum and waterfall
This app requires either a local or remote rtl_tcp server or similar raw IQ tcp server This app can connect to rtl_tcp for RTL-SDR devices, hfp_tcp for the Airspy HF+ and HF+ Discovery, rsp_tcp for SDRPlay RSP devices, and lmm_tcp for the LimeSDR Mini.
Note that no support is provided for building or installing any of these rtl_tcp or other tcp servers required to use this app either on your Mac, or on a Raspberry Pi or other remote server. Please see GitHub for repositories containing source code for various suitable rtl_tcp, hfp_tcp, or equivalent servers.
Please do not download this app unless you are already familiar with Software Defined Radio, have an RTL-SDR or equivalent SDR peripheral, and have already installed and tested rtl_tcp or work-alike on your Mac, Raspberry Pi, or other server. Note that this app requires a very high bandwidth network connection in order to receive streams of real-time RF samples from an rtl_tcp server.
- Added 2.5 Msps RTL-SDR sample rate support
- Improved Voiceover support
- Improved Hermes Lite 2 CW and SSB modulation
- Changed generated Share setting URLs
- Fixed an S-meter positioning bug
- Fixed a bug with IQ file Record/Save
- Other bug fixes and reliability and OS compatibility improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ronald Nicholson
- 2 MB
- Requires macOS 11.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 HotPaw Productions
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.