Rummy 500 (also known as Persian Rummy, Pinochle Rummy, 500 Rum, 500 Rummy) is a popular Rummy game which is similar to straight Rummy but distinct in the sense that players may draw more than just the upcard from the discard pile. This significantly increases the level of complexity and strategy involved in the course of play.
According to the most commonly played Rummy 500 rules, points are scored for cards that are melded, and points are lost for cards that are not melded (ie deadwood) and remain in a player’s hand when someone goes out.
In order to fully enjoy rummy 500, there are a few rules of the game you should know along with tips and strategies to help you become a better player. This is a game that can be very fast paced and alertness is the key to winning or at least making a good show.
• The game, like most can be played with 2-4 players
• Only one deck with jokers is used
• 7 cards are distributed to each player
• The objective is to be the first player to reach the goal of 500 points.
• Even if there is more than one player that makes it to the target, only the highest scoring player will be declared the winner.
• You have to form sets and sequences. Sets are any 3-4 cards of the same rank and a sequence are same suit cards in order, 3 or more cards. This is how scoring is done in rummy 500, the sets and sequences are tabulated according to the values of each card.
• Game play consists of drawing a card to start your turn and discarding to end the turn.
• There is a third choice during the turn and this is to lay down a meld or add to a meld someone else has made. This second move is referred to as building.
• The jokers are considered “wild” cards and can be used as any other card in a set or sequence.
• You can pick up one or several of the discarded cards but you have to use the last one played.
• When taking cards from the discard pile you have to use it immediately to form a meld or the move is invalid.
• All of the royalty cards are worth 10 points, the ace can be valued at 11 points depending on its value place in a meld and it is 15 penalty points if you get caught with it. The Joker counts as the value of the card it replaces and adds 15 penalty points.
• Each game is made up of a series of rounds.
• The score from each round is added in succession. When the total point of any player reaches the target score or exceeds it, that player is said to be the winner.
• Game ends when target is reached, if there is a tie a play off is started and the winner of this gets the pot.
*5 different variations included in Rummy 500.
3) Team Play
If you like Indian Rummy, Gin Rummy and Canasta, or other card games you will love this game. The cards are already on the table. What are you waiting for? Download Rummy 500 now and be the great card champion!
If you have any issues, we request you to mail us or send feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org rather than giving us a negative review.
*minor bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
What ticks me off is the constant extreme right wing bs commercials. Is it the role of these games to brainwash the participants into believing conspiracy theories? Warning: don’t let your kid play this if you don’t want him spouting paranoid fantasies.
I’ve been looking for a Rummy 500 game to play on my iPad for so long. Have one on my desktop that I purchased and all I could find for Apple was Gin Rummy which is NOT what I wanted, I tried so many different versions and NONE OF THEM came close to what I was used to. This one has jokers which doesn’t excite me but I’ve gotten used to them. I’ve had this now for 3 weeks and think I’ve only lost 4 games as I’m really good at it. So thank you for the closest Rummy 500 game! 5 stars
Pop-up ads won’t close
Just finished a victorious round when the pop-up for Trivia Crack came up and wouldn’t go away. I clicked on the link and even downloaded the new game, but still the pop-up would not clear no matter where I clicked on the screen. It just kept opening the link. I resorted to closing the app. When I re-opened the app, it showed that I had lost the round and took my coins. Very frustrating!!!
- MOBILIX SOLUTIONS PRIVATE LIMITED
- 52.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Simulated Gambling
- Gambling and Contests
- © Mobilix Solutions
- In-App Purchases
- Coins Pack 1 $0.99
- Coins Pack 2 $2.99
- Coins Pack 4 $9.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.