RunBetter App 4+
Race Training on a Treadmill
Designed for iPhone
- Offers In-App Purchases
Run actual marathon, half marathon, and run portions of triathlon courses on any treadmill. At least one course is free at all times. Choose from top courses, including all six non-Championship courses of the Marathon Majors, and the run portion of multiple triathlon courses, including Kona, Oceanside 70.3 and Challenge Roth. Train for challenging hills along each course, experience what the course is really like, and elevate your marathon training with professional coaching through an 18-week program.
As you run, the RunBetter App will alert you to incline changes along the course, display time elapsed and distance covered, and will provide running tips to keep you motivated!
Through the Course Builder Subscription, access RunBetter’s complete library of courses for a small fee. $4.99 monthly subscription or $49.99 yearly subscription.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- To manage subscriptions or turn off auto-renew, visit iTunes Account Settings after purchase
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when subscription is purchased, where applicable
- Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Run with a purpose!
Until using RunBetter, I never wanted to use the incline on treadmills at the gym. After using the app to train for the New York City Marathon I can't imagine running at a 0 degree incline again. I also didn't realize how many sneaky little hills there were on the route and using the app I was able to prepare accordingly! One other great benefit is it shows (albeit small) the actual incline, so when it's showing to set your incline to 0, the actual incline might be -1. This is nice if you are lucky enough to own or find a treadmill at the gym that has this feature.
I do wish it showed the incline profile along with the elevation profile but overall a great app!
Update: Great support!
I want to update my last review. The RunBetter team was super quick to respond and fix a bug that kept me from using some courses. Very responsive and it got fixed quickly. The app is so helpful for someone like me that can only drive to a hilly area on weekends and makes preparing for hilly races much easier. I love that you can run the full course or a specific section. Happy running!
Great App for indoor Training
I started using this app when I was training for a race and the temps started to drop. The Run Better App had the course of my race on their platform, and I was able to set my treadmill up to the course. This app helped me get a PR on my race and I think it’s because I was able to virtually train on the course. I definitely recommend for any runner looking for an extra push.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- RunBetter LLC
- 62.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 RunBetter LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Course Builder - Monthly $9.99
- Course Builder - Yearly $49.99
- Big Sur - Coaching $119.99
- Chicago - Coaching $119.99
- Boston - Coaching $119.99
- New York - Coaching $119.99
- KXAN Austin 5k Coaching $119.99
- Nashville Coaching $119.99
- Twin Cities - Coaching $119.99
- Queenstown - Coaching $119.99