- Bilingual - English/Nepali
- No Tracking, No Ads, Secure
- Multiple Tools - EDD, LMP, APGAR, Weight Tracker, Dehydration Scale, Vaccination Schedule, Weight Tracker
Safe Pregnancy and Birth is the Nepali mobile app to teach basic pregnancy related information in Nepali language to Nepali speaking population and health workers alike. This is an unofficial Nepali translated version of Hesperian Health Guides’ award-winning books which provides accurate, up-to-date information for health educators and expectant mothers in low-resource settings. Developed by and for Nepali population it provides life-saving information in clear, accessible language and an intuitive and friendly navigation — perfect for working with people with varied literacy levels in Nepal.
Safe Pregnancy and Birth contains information on:
• Staying healthy during pregnancy
• Recognizing danger signs during pregnancy, birth, and after birth
• Simple directions on what to do when a danger sign arises
• When to refer a woman to emergency care
• Over 20 “how-to” step-by-step instructions
• Information about available family planning services in Nepal
• General information about Infertility, and its cause
**** PLUS *****
1. Pregnancy Due Date calculator - via LMP. Provides English and Nepali (Bikram Sambat) dates.
2. Nepal Government's Official Vaccination Schedule (January 2020) Calculator - In English and Nepali dates.
3. Simple APGAR Score Calculator
4. Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator
5. WHO Dehydration Scale
6. Edinburg Postnatal Depression Scale
All the information, content and material of this application is for informational purposes only and are not intended to serve as a substitute for consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a qualified healthcare provider or physicians. The app is ideal for people working alongside community health workers or midwives in Nepal.
*** Designed and coded by a Nepali health professional for Nepal.***
*** Info Section in the app is designed in simple Nepali Language ***
*** Privacy Focussed - No user information is collected ***
*** Once downloaded, no internet connection is required ***
Twitter: @askPyare and @momobites
Thanks for using Safe Pregnancy and Birth App !!
Here's whats changed in version 0.0.61
- bug fixes and UI improvements.
I appreciate all of your feedbacks and ratings. Thank you for helping me make Safe Pregnancy and Birth App even better.
Ratings and Reviews
Easily accessible, comprehensive and informative
This App provides a great platform to raise awareness among Nepalis, particularly women while it also creates an opportunity for those working in the health sector in Nepal to expand outreach on information related to pregnancy and reproductive health. It provides easy access to information essential for women—all the details are outlined in concrete steps. The next step would be to think about the best way to roll out this App in collaboration with various health sector stakeholders so that more women (and family members) are able to utilize this excellent resource.
Wonderful App in Nepali
When I went through this app for the first time, the first thing that came in my mind was “Oh! wow I would have loved to have this app during my pregnancy and the later days!”. Easily understandable and relatable. This will be very helpful in today’s setting to Nepali women who have reach to smartphone.
Its a great app...lots of valuable information for nepalese women who might have questions and concerns during their pregnancy!! It’s easy to navigate and is very comprehensive...you can add in your LMP to get your estimated due date and then see what you should/can expect based on what week and month you are on!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Prashant Khatiwada
- 77.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2021 Prashant Khatiwada