** Happy Frog Apps is a Mom’s Choice Award Winner! Also featured on FunEducationalApps.com, TeachersWithApps.com, and more! **
The “Say It... Or Not?” app helps children with autism understand and practice what to say… and what not to say… in real-life social situations. Filtering thoughts can be a challenge for children with autism or ADHD. This app helps children find appropriate words for over one hundred challenging social situations. Kids also learn to think about how their words make other people feel.
The “Say It… Or Not?” app gives your child the social filtering skills they need to better manage social situations at home, school and in the community.
What parents say about our awesome apps:
*** 5 stars! Brilliant! An app that understands how kids actually learn. Thank you.
*** 5 stars! Your social skill apps are excellent!
“Say It… Or Not?” provides:
- More than 100 situations frequently faced in a student’s everyday life, from annoying siblings to forgotten homework to unwanted birthday gifts.
- Each situation can play out in four different ways. Students practice identifying how specific responses would make their friend feel and whether it is okay to say. For each situation where they might want to say something negative, students identify what is okay to say in that situation.
- Students progress to the next level only when mastery of the current skill is demonstrated.
- 'At a glance' reporting shows you instantly how your learner is progressing.
- The fun Reward Center motivates even hesitant learners.
Most exciting, this app offers independent AND therapist mode. In independent mode, answers are displayed and the learner taps the correct answer.
In therapist mode, no answers are displayed. For each question, the student answers orally and the therapist taps whether the learner's oral answer was correct or incorrect. Both modes earn coins for the Reward Center.
Our apps are designed for and tested by typical and special needs children. Testers include children with Autism and other special needs. Our apps work for them! Our apps are also suitable for adults dealing with aphasia or learning English as a Second Language.
To evaluate the app, download the free version, which has one free book. Additional levels and additional players can be accessed with in-app purchases. (All levels can be purchased for $2.99 -- price may change.)
If you prefer no in-app purchases, download the School Edition (SE) version of this app, which includes all levels and up to 10 players.
We take customer service very seriously! If you ever have a problem or find that we've missed something, contact us at our website and we will do our best to fix the problem.
Our apps are safe for kids. We collect NO private information in our app. None! Our apps do not allow unrestricted web or social media access. We conform to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
Updated libraries for a smoother experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App for older kids!
I have several 4th graders on my school caseload who need to work on social language and expressing feelings. This is perfect! I like the pictures, the practical examples presented and the quick response format. It's divided into levels and grouped into family, friends and community! It's just what we need! Also, I'm a teletherapist, and I can share my phone screen with my kids using my videoconferencing program so they can directly see the app. It's a great tool for teletherapists!!!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Janine Toole
- 60.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 9–11
- © Happy Frog Apps
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.