ScanKey is an additional keyboard for iOS devices, which integrates a scanner for QR-/bar codes and an OCR scanner (Optical Character Recognition) to recognize printed alpha numeric text and words with the camera. With iPhone 7 and iPhone Plus 7 or higher you can read NFC tags from app and directly from keyboard.
This makes work easier e.g. for filling out forms, which require to enter complex codes or IDs by hand (Example: EAN product codes). With ScanKey keyboard simply scan the codes or text and it will be filled automatically in the active text field.
In QR-/barcode scanner you can either scan single codes or use batch mode to scan multiple codes which will be merged together with a configurable separator.
With the Post-Processor Engine, it's really easy to modify the scan result with various filters which can be configured in any specific order.
The in-app Image-To-Text function extracts non-handwritten text from images.
Quick actions allows you to trigger in-app scans very fast from your home screen.
QWERTZ and QWERTY and NUMERIC layout is supported.
• Code-2of5 Interleaved
• hundreds of serif and sans-serif fonts
• alpha numeric text (e.g. ABC1337)
• Words and sentences
• HAND-WRITTEN TEXT NOT SUPPORTED!
Supported NFC tags:
• Text (UTF-8 and UTF-16)
• Uniform Resource Identifier (URI)
• Smart poster
• Wifi configurations
• Add character(s) at start/end
• Remove leading/trailing character(s)
• Regex string replacement (Regular Expression)
• Text replacement (case-sensitive or case-insensitive)
• Automatically copy scan result to clipboard
• Automatically return after scan finished
• Automatically remove checksum of EAN/-UPC-Codes
• New design with darkmode support
• With the Image-To-Text feature it is possible to extract text from images (OCR)
• ScanKey now supports quick actions from homescreen
• If a scan result contains URLs, they can be opened directly in the browser
• Added option to enable key tones while typing
• Added option to enable view finder in code scanner
• The acoustic feedback while scanning can now be activated/deactivated
• The FAQ can now also be searched
• Minor bug fixes and improvements
• For the nerds: Migration to Swift 5
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best above-keyboard barcode scanner addon I’ve used
Best app so far for adding a barcode scanner over the keyboard. That said, had some hang ups. For one thing, nothing indicates that the scanning line is centered on the camera, which makes lining up multiple nearby barcodes tricky, as I have to eyeball them or open the scanner again if I scan the wrong one. Post-processing formatting works well except it does not fix the issue I have with scanning UPC codes, which adds a zero before the actual number and removes the digit at the end which requires manually typing the last digit to correct it, adding some difficulty to an otherwise very well implemented feature. Post processing only fixes the extra preceding character but not the missing trailing character.
Good app, needs a few features to be great
The live scanning is good, but mode to work on an existing picture, a zoom mode, and/or a high contrast scanning mode would be even better.
I work with a lot of parts with small laser etched data-matrix type bar codes and your app has a hard time with them, particularly on rounded/cylindrical or shiny surfaces. I’ve also noticed issues with contrast and orientation of the codes affecting ability to be detected and decoded.
This app is wonderful!
It is configurable to support most any barcode. The post scan processing features help you adjust to any website requirements. I am writing this review using the apps keyboard. I am not aware of another scanning app that includes a full function keyboard. The text scanning feature is also very cool.
The developer is very enthusiastic about the product and works on improvements all the time.
Please read the FAQs and watch the video you will scanning away in no time!
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your feedback!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.