Score Creator is a musical composition application that is specially designed for mobile platform. It's a simple but powerful music creation tool that caters your need of writing music on the go.
*** The app's user experience is completely optimized to make composing music on mobile devices easier and faster than ever. No more "tapping and zooming" the screen just to add a music note or a chord symbol. No more "dragging and dropping" from the palette just to add a sharp/flat sign. All you need to do to write a song is just tapping the keyboards (notes and chords) that are literally designed like a text keyboard. COMPOSING MUSIC IS NOW AS SIMPLE AS TEXTING TO YOUR FRIENDS!
*** Apart from being a songwriting app for songwriter, Score Creator also functions as a music teaching and learning assistant tool for music teachers and students. Teachers can teach students how to read musical notation by directly input music notes into the app and play back the song. On the other hand, music learners/players can practice by themselves by notating their favorite songs into the app and play along with their own music instruments.
*** The app is a perfect music maker tool for writing different types of sheet music, including lead sheet, solo instruments, SATB choir, sheet for brass & woodwind bands, ... A handy music writer for many purposes.
- Compose music score. The app supports treble, alto, bass and neutral clefs, with a wide range of notes and music symbols: note duration, time signature, key signature, slurs, ties, ...
- Write lyrics.
- Write chord symbols.
- Multiple tracks with different instruments: piano, guitar, violin, saxophone, drum, flute, horn, tuba, ukulele, mandolin, ... ...
- Score for transposing instruments: saxophone (soprano, alto, tenor, baritone), Bb clarinet, Bb trumpet, ...
- Playback sound for each instrument.
- Transpose songs into any key.
- Import songs from MIDI files.
- Change clef, time/key signature and tempo in the middle of a song.
- Export songs to MIDI or MusicXML files so that they can be opened on other apps such as Finale, Encore, MuseScore, Sibelius, ... The files can be copied to your computer or sent via email.
- Send exported MIDI files to other apps.
- Import MIDI files from other apps.
- Export to PDF.
- Editing assistant features: multiple selecting notes, copy & paste, undo & redo, ...
- iCloud storage.
*** UPGRADE THE APP TO FULL VERSION:
There are three ways to upgrade the app to full version:
1. Lifetime full version: you pay only once and you can access the full version of the app forever without having to purchase it again. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
2. Three-month full version: you pay for each subscription that allows you to access the full version for 3 months period.
3. One-year full version: you pay for each subscription that allows you to access the full version for 1 year period.
The subscriptions work in the following nature:
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. The cost of the renewal is $6.99 for 3 months and $15.99 for 1 year.
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
*** End User License Agreement: https://www.termsfeed.com/eula/c6cf438c81097acbfd5a7d51600b6bba
- Support for ornaments.
- Bug fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Please read this. I’m beggin ya
I have had this app for a while and got the pro version like 2 years ago. I never really use the drums, but I made a song today and used them for the first time. They were really good. I liked that I could lay down quarter note bass drum notes in the measure and on top of that do a snare without opening any menus or tapping anything, you just click the notes in the bottom row and and the top row and it works. You technically have 8 beats per measure (in 4/4) 4 on the bottom and 4 on the top. In the new version it looks like there are 4 beats no matter what. In order to have a bass line and a snare you need to do 2 layers which is more difficult and overall, less convenient. Is there a way that that can be adjusted like having a button in settings which returns the software to the previous version, I do not mind losing the extra sounds. I just want to have the convenience again. Also. Is it possible to please add an electric guitar? Thank you for reading
Best composing app for phones (update 7.9)
I discovered this app about 3 and half years ago and I honestly didn’t think this app was any good. Some of the instruments didn’t even match the sounds, some were too loud, you could only make a song do big before the playback lags so you have to make a new score to continue. I didn’t let it stop me though because this was really only app I could use to play around with and make my own music. Time progressed and this app got noticeably better, most of the issues with the instruments were fixed but everything else remained. I would say this app would be considered a 4 star but this new update fixed my biggest issue: articulation and dynamics. These 2 things were non existent before this update. After seeing that this update gave us the access to really get more musicality out of the scores, that’s enough to bump this all the way up to 5 stars. I’ve noticed the lag playback on big scores is a problem and the auto-scroll still doesn’t work but I’m able to work around these problems. If you’re looking for an app that give you access to make scores on the fly for relatively low price for the full experience, I wholeheartedly recommend this. Trust me, it’s the most user friendly.
One big problem...
So I’ve had this app for a little while and it’s amazing. The only issue is that recently when I’ve been using the keys, (like the key the song is in) it makes two instruments the same key which isn’t right. I know there is a switch for using concert pitch, but that’s not the issue. That’s one of the first things I make sure I change at the start of a new song. So, one of my current songs is in the key of B flat I believe and so B flat clarinet shouldn’t have any accidentals, but it’s showing up as the same as the C flute who has 2. I have 2 B flat trumpets and those show up perfectly fine. It’s just one or two instruments and it’s very frustrating. With this issue fixed, I’d give it 4 stars.
One suggestion I have is adding in trills, falls, and maybe changing the way to put in staccatos, marcatos, tenuos, and stuff like that. I’ve been avoiding them in my songs because I’d prefer not to click on each and every note. Because with every note, I end up clicking 4 or 5 different things. That adds up pretty quick, especially with a song with like 50 or more. So maybe have a separate tab or button where the notes and note lengths are so they are more accessible. With these taken into account, I’d give it 5 stars.
- TRAN PHUONG
- 194.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2013 Phuong Tran
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime full version $34.99
- Three-month full version $5.99
- One-year full version $13.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.