The Scourby You Bible App 5.0.1 Version Description for iPhones and iPads for IOS 10 and Higher.
The You Bible App was Ranked No 1 by Theology Degrees, 700 Club News, American Bible News, and others. The Scourby The audio of the entire Bible is downloaded directly to the device enabling the App to work without an internet connection. The App is resolutely designed and fastidiously fashioned. It’s not just an APP that’s technically possible, but one that’s functionally useful, and helps users redeem their Bible Study time. It has a convenient and efficient user interface. (UI) and a newly re-mastered audio ensuring an even better Bible listening experience.
You Bible App is a Bimodal presentation with Text and audio Synced together. Thus providing for a better understanding, comprehension, and remembrance, and majestically narrated by Alexander Scourby, who The Chicago Tribune wrote as having the greatest voice ever recorded.” You can read the entire Tribune article at https://www.scourby.com/chicago-tribune-article/
The Scourby Bible App is your perfect Bible companion with many functional friendly user features not found in other apps. The Playlist feature is one of a kind, enabling users to create custom Playlist of their favorite Bible Verses. Users can and then play them back with text and audio synced together. No other app can do that. See samples text and audio syncing on the Scourby website at https://scourby.com.
Downloads of mp3 AUDIO BIBLE and desktop apps for laptops and mp3 players are available on the Scourby website. All Apps are self-contained on your device and requires no internet connection to play, Download the best App with the World’s best Bible narrator and start accessing, and experiencing, the Bible in a whole new way.
Bible App data such as Playlists, notes, bookmarks, etc will not be saved. Therefore, we recommend you create an iCloud backup account to Back your Data via an in-App purchase. When you purchase a new phone, you can then download the Bible app and all App data from the iCloud to your new device.
Scourby You Bible App Features in the 5.0.1 Version.
* 70 plus hours of Audio.
* New Easy to Navigate Hamburger Menu with a clean UI.
* Book, Chapter and verse Search and Word Search in seconds.
* Text and Audio synced together with action verse highlighted.
* Bible Reading Plan with 12, 9, 6, or 3-month settings.
* Create custom Playlist of Favorite Bible Verses.
* Speed control, Playlist sharing, and Data Back up an in-app purchase.
* Share Bible Verses with Friends, via Email, Text, Twitter or Facebook.
* Sleep Timer for 10, 20, 30. 60, 120. 240, and 480 minutes.
* Notes and Bookmarks.
* History page tracks Bible verse readings.
* Repeat Button for Verse Memorization.
* Volume Control, mute button, stop, start, fast forward or back up.
* Day and Night Mode.
* Jesus Words in Red, Blue or Regular
* Change Font Size in App settings, or on the fly in Bible Reader.
* Font size selection in App settings small, medium, larger and extra-large.
* Select Helvetica, New Times Roman, Georgia in App Settings.
* Select reading plan in App settings
* Help Menu for all Features
* Videos, Maps and More
The Bible speaks above the importance of the hearing of the Word. The three relevant Bible verses about the Hearing of the Word and as follows:
1.“Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.” - Revelation 1:3 KJV’
2. “Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.” - Romans 10:17 KJV
3. “Blessed are they that hear the Word of God, and keep it.” - Luke 11:28 KJV
Blessings to you and many hours of encouragement, strength, and inspiration as you listen to His Word on the Scourby You Bible App…The Ultimate Bible App",
1. Integrated new re-mastered audio into iPhone and iPad Apps.
2. Upgraded the audio and text sync functionality as well as text highlighting.
3. Upgraded App to iOS 12 and iPhone X family UI compatible.
4. Upgraded Facebook and Twitter Integration.
5. Upgraded E-Mail Integration.
6. Upgraded highlighted section tap selection.
7. Upgraded setting screen change.
8. Updated Video URL in Help Menu.
9. Upgraded App Icons with Scourby Color Photo.
10. Upgraded Scourby Splash Screen change Color Photo.
11. Change the side menu Text.
12. Word Search highlighted and text changes.
13. Updated feedback email address.
Ratings and Reviews
If It Ain’t Broke, Don’t Fix It!
By the time I got the app, it worked beautifully. They gave it a recent update, and removed some of the words. Also, now, for the first time, we’ve experienced the words garbling. They’ve also speeded up the pause between chapters so that you have to be really on your toes if your daily reading does not include the next chapter.
Why speed it up? No reason, and it sounds stupid. Why eliminate the endings to all the books? Compared to the original recording it just sounds tacky. Why does it occasionally no longer function properly? Not only will the recording be garbled in spots, but it will even suddenly bounce you out of the app altogether, and you’re just looking at the app screen on the phone.
Please, folks! Give me back the app that I paid for. Best of all, sell the original recordings to Olive Tree, and they’ll do it right!
ETA: I was going to rave that they apparently fixed it, although there remained a few bugs. But when I went back to the app to try to open it again on my iPhone, it kept quitting again. At least on the iPad the sound is a bit more even, if occasionally garbled. I hope they get it right — Alexander Scourby’s reading of the Bible is the best there is out there.
Absolutely LOVE this!
Not only is this a wonderful app, (I listen to it everyday) it’s also managed by a really awesome team. Very quick and helpful with their responses to my questions. For example, I play the app when I travel and also at night and thought it would be a great idea to have a timer of sorts. I suggested it to them some time ago and they responded that they would give it some thought. When they added the functionality, they sent me another email to let me know. I have lost count of how many people I’ve told about my love for this app. What a blessing! Thank you for all you do. May God continue to bless you and your families as you continue His work. Please remain faithful, it won’t be long. Get ready, get ready, get ready.
Don’t Panic if app crashes
My app crashed this morning and support was quick to respond. It turned out that the problem was not with the app but with my compromised iPad.
All I did was reinstall the app, turned off the iPad and did a reboot. That cleared my iPad of whatever was causing the app to crash. I am back using the app now without any problem.
Here is the instruction I got from support:
1. Delete your app.
2. Turn your device off, reboot and do a soft reset to clear out your cache. You hold down two buttons for 10 seconds. Google if you don't know how to do a soft reset.
3. Then re-download the Bible app from the app store.
4. Make sure the cellular Data is turned off in the Bible App. The app doesn't need wifi of cell data to work, it's totally self-contained within the app. If the above doesn't work then do Scott's fix which will require a back of your data to the cloud and then redownloading your data.
If the above does not solve your problem, please drop them a line, they respond quickly.
- Litchfield Associates Ltd, Inc
- 1 GB
Requires iOS 10 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Litchfield Associates
- In-App Purchases
- iCloud backup/restore feature $0.99
- Playlists share feature $1.99
- Playback Speed Feature $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.