Breaking down barriers to make Maps for Every Hunter.
Uncomplicated offline GPS maps geared for the western hunt and encrypted for your eyes only. Potential is yours to create. We’re here to Elevate Your Instincts™.
With the Scout To Hunt App the Essential Map Features you depend on are Free Forever. We find these features to be just that, essential. We believe every hunter should have easy and free access to them. We have taken meaningful steps to provide you with Free full-access to the Essential Map Features that you expect.
TRUST IS ENCRYPTED
We trust the tools we depend on and believe you should too. We ensure that the GPS location data of your Markers, Smart Tracks, and other personal map data are encrypted. In other words, your location data becomes hidden from anyone who does not have access to it – including Scout To Hunt. It's your information, and we keep it that way.
WESTERN HUNT SPECIALIZED
Scout To Hunt has taken a specialized approach in solely focusing on the western big game states to provide phenomenal detail, insightful data, and enhanced performance. We currently specialize in Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Wyoming, and Utah.
▶ HuntReady Offline GPS Maps™
• Living Map Automation - HuntReady offline maps autonomously stay up-to-date and maintain reliability and accuracy, even after they’ve been saved. You’ll only need to download it once, forever.
• Tip: Download an entire Hunt Unit (GMU) while online and you’ll never have to worry about forgetting to save a map when you go offline or happen to lose service. Don’t ever go unprepared, get HuntReady from the start.
FREE FULL-ACCESS ESSENTIAL MAP FEATURES
▶ GPS Tracking
• Tracks your duration
▶ Custom Markers
• Place and edit an unlimited amount of custom Markers
• Currently 45 unique Markers available
• Tip: Press and hold map to quickly place a Marker
• Share Markers with others through various convenient methods
▶ Comprehensive Hunt Units (GMUs)
• Not isolated by State
• For all major game species (Barbary sheep, Bighorn Sheep, Bison, Bear, Mule Deer, Coues Deer, Whitetail Deer, Elk, Ibex, Javelina, Moose, Mountain Goat, Mountain Lion, Oryx, Pronghorn, Turkey, Wolf, etc.)
▶ Visually Optimized Layers
• High-performance layers visually enhanced for a smooth viewing experience at every zoom level for easy interpretation
• Includes all non-proprietary/publicly sourced layers, such as Private and Public land boundaries
▶ Premium Base Maps
• Hybrid - 24k Topo visually refined contours for easy reading and interpretation seamlessly merged with our Sat map
• Sat - High-resolution satellite and aerial imagery for exceptional terrain detail and map performance
• Topo - 24k topographic map processed from the leading elevation and land cover sources, verified by 24 datasets from 13 different organizations, including the USGS
▶ Sync Across All Your Devices
• Sync between all iOS devices
From our inception, the hunting community has played an integral role in directing our course and refining our development. We ask that you contribute your expertise and share your experiences with us so we can continue to Elevate Your Instincts™.
If you have any feedback, ideas, or trouble, please connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New offline map Layer: Elevation Bands
(Just in time for shed season!)
Scout To Hunt's Elevation Bands layer brings science and simplicity together to make your decision-making a breeze.
The Elevation Bands simplify how you determine your target areas to scout and hunt. More importantly, the Elevation Bands organize your own data. Adding a powerfully visual perspective, patterns and trends of your own Markers and observations from the field stand out with eye-opening insights.
Elevation Bands are filterable elevation ranges segmented by color-coded elevations. This layer allows you to take control of your map to see the big picture like the animals do.
» 10,500 ft
» 9,000 - 10,500 ft
» 7,500 - 9,000 ft
» 6,000 - 7,500 ft
» 4,500 - 6,000 ft
» 3,000 - 4,500 ft
"It helps me know what elevation the animals are at that time of year and what elevations I do best at." - Architect, Scout To Hunt's Insider Build Program
If Elevation Bands are making a difference for you out in the field, let us know with a review!
Elevate Your Instincts™ with Scout To Hunt's Elevations Bands offline map layer.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Only putting a 4.5 because I’m a newer user and have not yet tapped in to the full potential of the app. I have hunted every nook and cranny solely off of experience and the bare minimum old school equipment. The layers of the app are amazing and pretty dang accurate to my areas of choice. I’ve used the app enough to become familiar with with how it works as well as its unique features. Definitely recommend this tool!!!
Developer Response ,
We're happy to hear that! Thank you for the awesome feedback. That last star is our goal!
Good but not great
I had no idea about this company until I visited the hunting expo in feb 2019, after speaking with the scout to hunt team these people really enjoy the company and the product they create. All that being said here comes the novel of a review. The desktop version is way better than the app, the app is nice as it is in the early stages, but there are a few bugs to work out. I’ve only played with the app for a few minutes but I already ran into a snag, some of the labeling on your trail cam photos is wrong, I want to see bull elk not a cow moose and vice versa. The zones don’t have terrain view or 360 view of the area. You have every single picture of the same animal which is nice as more info is better, but it seems your wasting space keeping 20 slightly different photos of the same animal in the same position seconds apart. I would like to see these things changed. I’ll let you know if I find anything else as well.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your in-depth review. We appreciate any feedback you can give us. We have just released our new revamped Free mobile app, make sure to check it out. More features and updates are on the way!
This app is a Game Changer!
Let me tell you why I love this app and believe it is a must for any curious big game hunter. I don’t have the time or resources to place my own cameras and now for the cost of one camera I can check photos from the units I am interested in. These trail cams provide valuable info to plan and prepare for hunts, such as; quality of game, buck to doe, nocturnal activity and habitat insight, as well as other wild game info on bear, cougar & turkey. I love that it provides year-round scouting access with a clearer representation of the wildlife & game I can expect. I think users will be amazed at the trail cam photos and scouttohunt will quickly become a go to resource for the next hunt.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Darren Labrum
- 111.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Scout To Hunt, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.