Hit the ground running. Save yourself hours and turn up knowing your lines. Whether it’s a stage script, screenplay, speech or presentation, you can rehearse and memorize on the go in an effective and convenient way. There’s no need to assemble the rest of the cast, or have a rehearsal partner or reader.
Actors, TV personalities, business people, public speakers and students - learn your material more effectively with Script Rehearser. You can even practice English language conversation.
You can just start recording your own voice straight away. Or you can import your theater or movie script* or simply type in your lines. Script Rehearser will read them back to you whenever you want using its customizable options to prompt you. Optimize how you rehearse as you progress.
• Record your own voice directly into the app, and have it automatically transcribed †
• Use digital voices for the other characters †
• Import a script from a PDF file ‡
• Import a script you've created on your PC or Mac, or just type it into your device
• Customize scripts with your own notes and stage directions
• Clearly distinguish your lines from others
• Show your lines; hide you lines; show the first letter of each word
• Play the whole script, or skip forward to your next cue
• Play other parts while you self-tape
• Share the recorded script †
• Choose light or dark color mode
• Designed for phones and tablets
Script Rehearser can be configured to support your personal learning style. For example:
• Listen Along: Script Rehearser speaks, you listen. You can play, pause, and jump forward to your next line or back to your previous one.
• Wait For Me: Script Rehearser pauses for each of your lines until you’re ready to continue
• Repeat for Confirmation: Script Rehearser leaves a gap for you to say the line, then automatically speaks the line for confirmation and carries on
• Run Through: Script Rehearser leaves a gap for you to say your line, then automatically carries on with the next line
† Pro Features
To enable us to continue developing the app, the following are Pro features:
• Recording your own voice
• Choosing which digital voice to use for each character
• Exporting a script
There’s a 30-day free trial of Pro features, with no sign-up required and no automatic conversion to a paid subscription. After this you can keep using everything you’ve done, even if you don’t subscribe.
Keep in contact:
• For news and updates follow us on Twitter: @ScriptRehearser
• Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ScriptRehearser
• Join us on our forum: www.ScriptRehearser.com
‡ Note that for a PDF file to import it must contain the text of the script, not just pictures of the text. Some PDFs contain scanned images of the text rather than the text itself, and the app can't import these files as it needs the actual text to work with.
Added a Search function to the Script Navigator, to make it quicker to find a particular line in a script
Ratings and Reviews
It could use a couple of improvements, though. To facilitate self tapes, it would be nice if you could tap anywhere on the screen to have the app read the next line, instead of having to find the right key to press. Also there’s one small bug in learning mode where if you set it to only display your lines after you say them, the last line is never displayed.
Developer Response ,
Hi Brue. Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass the bug on to the team to look at, and will add that self-tape tape idea to our list to features to add in future. Maggie
Really helpful great little app
This is a truly helpful, great little app! Takes a bit of time to get everything tweaked and formatted on the front end, but once it’s in place it’s really excellent, incredibly helpful in getting off book. The tools for editing are pretty simple to use, the user interface is pretty smooth. I imported the script as a PDF, it’s an older script so I definitely had to go through line by line and edit a bit. But I would’ve had to do that anyway because we had made cuts to the play. Regardless once the work of editing is done, This is an invaluable resource.
300 + Lines LEARNED!!!!
I downloaded this app when I got cast as Dad in Cheaper By The Dozen. I’m not sure I would have been able to learn all my lines in time without this app. I really appreciate the ability to record myself for my own lines. The PDF import function works well and is a real time saver if you can get a soft copy of your script. You can edit lines in the app as well. This is the best free, no “in app purchases” app I’ve ever found.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Engram Ltd
- 68.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Engram Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Annual Subscription $6.99
- Pro Upgrade - Unlimited Access $28.99