Hit the ground running. Save yourself hours and turn up knowing your lines. Whether it’s a stage script, screenplay, speech or presentation, you can rehearse and memorize on the go in an effective and convenient way. There’s no need to assemble the rest of the cast, or have a rehearsal partner or reader.
Actors, TV personalities, business people, public speakers and students - learn your material more effectively with Script Rehearser. You can even practice English language conversation.
You can just start recording your own voice straight away. Or you can import your theater or movie script* or simply type in your lines. Script Rehearser will read them back to you whenever you want using its customizable options to prompt you. Optimize how you rehearse as you progress.
• Record your own voice directly into the app, and have it automatically transcribed †
• Use digital voices for the other characters †
• Import a script from a PDF file ‡
• Import a script you've created on your PC or Mac, or just type it into your device
• Customize scripts with your own notes and stage directions
• Clearly distinguish your lines from others
• Show your lines; hide you lines; show the first letter of each word
• Play the whole script, or skip forward to your next cue
• Play other parts while you self-tape
• Share the recorded script †
• Choose light or dark color mode
• Designed for phones and tablets
Script Rehearser can be configured to support your personal learning style. For example:
• Listen Along: Script Rehearser speaks, you listen. You can play, pause, and jump forward to your next line or back to your previous one.
• Wait For Me: Script Rehearser pauses for each of your lines until you’re ready to continue
• Repeat for Confirmation: Script Rehearser leaves a gap for you to say the line, then automatically speaks the line for confirmation and carries on
• Run Through: Script Rehearser leaves a gap for you to say your line, then automatically carries on with the next line
† Pro Features
To enable us to continue developing the app, the following are Pro features:
• Recording your own voice
• Choosing which digital voice to use for each character
• Exporting a script
There’s a 30-day free trial of Pro features, with no sign-up required and no automatic conversion to a paid subscription. After this you can keep using everything you’ve done, even if you don’t subscribe.
Keep in contact:
• For news and updates follow us on Twitter: @ScriptRehearser
• Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/ScriptRehearser
• Join us on our forum: www.ScriptRehearser.com
‡ Note that for a PDF file to import it must contain the text of the script, not just pictures of the text. Some PDFs contain scanned images of the text rather than the text itself, and the app can't import these files as it needs the actual text to work with.
• New option: After my line, wait for an auto-delay
• New option: After my line, wait until Play is pressed
• New option: Play my line twice, with a delay in between
• New setting: Customize the auto-delay length
Ratings and Reviews
Confusing layout for users and a little creepy?
When I imported the pdf of my script, I was really impressed with how the app organized lines by character so quickly. A really great app if you like to read your lines for practice and don’t like the hassle of highlighting. However! The digital voices installed in the app are incredibly creepy-to the point of being distracting, and not just because they’re robotic. Cuz I think maybe people recorded the syllables or something initially???? Also. The “tutorials” were not very helpful. General use of the app was difficult because of this. Information on WHERE to click to access voice settings/other info was really unclear, as well as how to record your own? I may consider purchasing the Pro upgrade, but my concerns with the current model of the app I have are enough that I don’t think the pro version will be much better. 🤷♀️
Developer Response ,
Hi. The app uses the digital voices that come with your device. You can try out the other voices by tapping a character name on the Characters screen, then tapping the voice name under the Voice prompt. This is a Pro feature, but you can use the Free Trial to see what they're like. No personal information or payment details are needed, and it doesn't automatically turn into a paid subscription or anything like that.
There are descriptions of all the screens on our website, accessible from the Help section in the app.
Please let me know if there's anything I can help with. maggie@ScriptRehearser.com
I don't know what was going on.
So I downloaded this app in the first place because I needed something to help me memorize my lines, and I saw that it was free. The first problem I encountered was the script. It would be much easier if you could take a photo of the page with your lines and then it could be copied into text on your device. I ended up having to type everything out because I don't know how to download a pdf and it would be nice to have a tutorial or other options that don't require using 2 hours of your time typing lines into an app that was supposed to be convenient and helpful. Then after all of that happened and I was finally finished typing, it wasn't reading the right lines I had adjusted on the settings and nothing I had set was working properly. Finally, I just ended up giving up and now I am writing this terrible review. I advise anyone reading this to not use this app if you are looking for something simple and quick to help memorize your lines. Thank you for your time, and I hope this will be fixed for future users.
Developer Response ,
Hi Coolest Girl. If you don't have a Text PDF of your script, an alternative to typing in your lines is just to record them into the app. They'll be automatically transcribed to text, and you can start rehearsing. There's an in-app tutorial showing how to do this.
The learning settings are described on our website, which is linked to from the Help And Support button in the app.
If there's anything in particular that I can help with, just drop me an email using the link in the app, or to: maggie@ScriptRehearser.com
It could use a couple of improvements, though. To facilitate self tapes, it would be nice if you could tap anywhere on the screen to have the app read the next line, instead of having to find the right key to press. Also there’s one small bug in learning mode where if you set it to only display your lines after you say them, the last line is never displayed.
Developer Response ,
Hi Brue. Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass the bug on to the team to look at, and will add that self-tape tape idea to our list to features to add in future. Maggie
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Engram Ltd
- 70.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Engram Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Annual Subscription $7.99
- Pro Upgrade - Unlimited Access $29.99