See and Learn First Counting offers activities to teach children with Down syndrome the number words, numerals and counting from 1 to 10.
See and Learn First Counting follows recommended, evidence-based practice in number teaching, progressing in sequence through the key developmental steps involved in learning the foundational number skills.
See and Learn Saying Words 3 is designed and supported by internationally recognized experts to meet the specific learning needs of children with Down syndrome and is consistent with current scientific understanding of the children's needs and effective interventions.
See and Learn First Counting is suitable for children who understand and can say (or sign) at least 100 words. For many children with Down syndrome, this will be at around 3 or 4 years of age.
See and Learn First Counting includes eight activities, designed to teach children to say the number words, to recognize the numerals, to link quantities to numbers, to count, and to understand the concepts of cardinality and equivalence for the numbers 1 to 10:
• Learning Number Words
• Matching Numerals
• Selecting Numerals
• Naming Numerals
• Linking Quantity to Numerals
• Learning to Count
• Give a Number
• Learning Equivalence
See and Learn First Counting is also designed to teach the key math language needed at this stage of number learning.
• Evidence-based activities following key developmental steps in early number learning
• Clear and uncluttered screens avoid distractions and help children focus on information presented and learning goals
• Focus on visual representation of concepts, reduced language and working memory demands to help children with Down syndrome and children with similar learning difficulties
• Comprehensive guide included in electronic format providing explicit, step-by-step guidance and instructions
• Record forms included for printing and tracking your child's progress
• Ideal for use at home or in the classroom
• US English
• UK English
- iOS 12.2 support
- iPad Pro 3rd Generation support
- Explicit opt-in request for analytics and crash reporting
- Bug fixes and improvements
- Down Syndrome Education Enterprises C.I.C.
- 80.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Down Syndrome Education Enterprises CIC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.