“This is a must have addition to your digital board game collection.” - Bradley Cummings, BoardGameGeek.com
“Sentinels of the Multiverse is another great adaptation that continues to bridge the divide between tabletop and tablet screen.” - Rob Thomas, 148Apps.com
“Whether you’re a fan of tabletop gaming or not, this game has a lot to offer.” - Conor Lorenz, Gizorama.com
“The quality of the app is phenomenal, the production is beautiful, it’s just a lot of fun - Definitely worth $10!” - Duke of Dice Podcast
Calling all Sentinels! Do you have what it takes to defend the Multiverse? Compose a team of comic book heroes, each with their own playstyles, backstories, and grudges. Pit them against a variety of maniacal and formidable villains. Defeat your enemies and save the Multiverse!
Sentinels of the Multiverse is the award-winning game in which players join forces as heroes to combat a dastardly villain in a dynamic environment.
The digital version of SotM plays like a comic book come to life! Control an entire team of heroes in single player, or head online and join heroes from around the globe in multiplayer. This is cooperative card-battle like you’ve never played before!
The rules of the game are deceptively simple: Play a Card, Use a Power, and Draw a Card. What makes SotM unique is that each card has special abilities that can create powerful combos or even change the rules of the game!
This digital version includes all content from the SotM core game:
• 10 Heroes: Absolute Zero, Bunker, Fanatic, Haka, Legacy, Ra, Tachyon, Tempest, The Visionary, & The Wraith
• 4 Villains: Baron Blade, Citizen Dawn, Grand Warlord Voss, & Omnitron
• 4 Environments: Insula Primalis, Megalopolis, Ruins of Atlantis, & Wagner Mars Base
It also includes several unlockable variant cards:
• Variant heroes with alternate powers and backstory
• Variant villains bring an all new twist to the battle
• All are unlockable via secret Sentinels storyline-based challenges!
Expansion packs are available via In App Purchase. Save money with Season Passes and get all the content!
• Mini-Packs 1-3 each contain a hero, a villain, and an environment.
• Rook City, Infernal Relics, Shattered Timelines, and Wrath of the Cosmos each contain 2 heroes, 4 villains, and 2 environments.
• Vengeance contains 5 heroes, 5 team villains, and 2 environments.
• Villains of the Multiverse contains 10 team villains and 4 environments.
• Mini-Pack 4 contains 2 heroes, a villain, and an environment.
• Mini-Pack 5: Void Guard contains 4 heroes.
• OblivAeon contains 5 heroes, 5 environments, and the final Multiverse-ending boss battle.
• Unlock more variants for expansion pack content!
Every rule & interaction in the game has been carefully adapted and thoroughly tested by expert Sentinels players, as well as the designer himself. If you’re wondering how a certain situation works in SotM, this game is the ultimate rules lawyer!
• Original music brings the Multiverse to life like you’ve never heard before. Rock out to the official Sentinels Theme Song, ambient tracks for each environment, and ending themes for each villain.
• Beautifully rendered environment backdrops put you right in the action.
• Brand new artwork for every Hero and Villain in the game, created by SotM artist Adam Rebottaro himself.
• Over 9,000 different potential battles to choose from.
• Play a solo game with 3 to 5 heroes or pass & play with your friends.
• Cross-platform online multiplayer with friends and others from around the world.
The recommended minimum amount of device RAM is 1 GB. Playing on an iPad 2, iPad mini, iPhone 4s, or iPod touch (5th gen) is possible but may result in a degraded experience.
SotM: The Video Game is an officially licensed product of “Sentinels of the Multiverse®” from Greater Than Games LLC.
For more information, check out SentinelsDigital.com
This update fixes an issue where using the Random button when setting up a multiplayer game could cause problems with the game setup.
Ratings and Reviews
I like the game and the app itself works great with only one glitch that I have experienced and it was something I could fix without shutting down.
If you are experienced with this game it removes the hassle of the physical game, and handles all of the numbers for you. This is probably the best tool for teaching the younglings the game as well. If you are new to the game it has a pretty good tutorial that explains how to play well.
Now, the reason it got 4 stars instead of 5. The season pass. It is not this great money saver, and the fact they keep referring to it as such is annoying. I did the math and if you want everything in the first season pass then by purchasing said pass you will save a dollar..... That’s it..... 1 dollar..... On the other hand if one of the 3 mini packs does not look interesting buy everything else expect that one and you will save one dollar by NOT buying the season pass..... The choice is yours
Actually better than the physical version
For those who are new to the game think of Sentinels of the multiverse as a card game where DC and Marvel characters and storylines are combined. Many of the characters and stories will immediately remind you of someone or something from those two companies. This is not to say that this game is some cheap imitation. Like a parent and child though they are traits that can be seen in both this game also has it’s own heart and soul!
Now, for those of you who might be familiar with the game I use to own the physical boardgame and the shattered timeline expansion. The card game was fun but keeping track of the modifiers was a chore. Sometimes I would forget to factor in an effect from the villain or enemy card and I would have to go back an undo damage or add damage or apply some specific effect.
The app is the preferred version that I play now since this fiddly element is completely automated. This game is really something special and the developers are quick to fix issues and provide new content. This is a game that has legs and you will come back to it in the long run. For the great support and fun experience the cost of admission is well worth it! Again to the developers and producers thank you once again for this gaming gem!
The Definitive Sentinels Experience
Sentinels of the Multiverse was the board game that got me into hobby gaming. Now that I have a young child at home, I find it harder and harder to have the time to set up and play the physical game. However, the Sentinels app has been quite an addition to my digital library. I can speed through a game in my spare time, and come back to the same setup if I don’t have time to finish it in one play session.
The base game has some of my favorite characters in the whole game, and the community for this game in friendly, and helpful in finding out the secrets to beating some of the harder villains, as well the multitudes of variants that are available. Also, the developer is faithful in catching bugs and updating everything, to make the game functional on phones to tablets, even allowing players with different content to still join games and determine together what content to play. I’ve bought all of the additional content and plan on supporting this developer and game well into the future. Do yourself a favor and grab this game as soon as you can.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Handelabra Studio LLC
- 778 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2014-2020 Handelabra Games Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Season Pass 1 $24.99
- Season Pass 2 $29.99
- Foil Hero Collector's Pack $4.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.