The dedicated drums version of the award-winning music app is here!
Create stunning drum tracks for any song in minutes with SessionBand – the world's only chord-based audio loop app.
Containing over 800 precision-cut, 5 channel drum loops played by Ralph Salmins – one of the world's top drummers, SessionBand Drums - Volume 1 is the fastest way to create studio quality drum tracks – wherever you are and whatever your ability.
And with a host of pro features like automated 5 channel mixing, real-time tempo shift, one-touch live recording and Audiobus compatibility - allowing you to seamlessly export our unique content into other top music apps like GarageBand - it has never been easier or quicker to create your own studio quality music even if you can't play a note!
This is a unique app for musicians, producers and anyone who wants to quickly create professional drum tracks.
Note: We recommend using this app with iPad 2, iPhone 4S or newer devices (iPhone users please note: due to compatibility issues with Audiobus 2.1.16, we strongly recommend the use of headphones while connecting to Audiobus for best experience).
Preview loops and watch the video at sessionbandapp.com
The fastest way to create studio quality music:
* Simply pick a style
* Quickly build up a track by inserting drum loop blocks on the grid
* Stretch or shorten loops in seconds
* Build up your drum track in minutes
* Instantly hear your track across other styles and tempos
* Use the automated mixer to get exactly the right sound
* Record direct to audio
* Copy straight to other music apps
* Share with the world!
Over 800 5 channel drum loops included in the app:
* Over 800 stunning acoustic drum loops included – all in 5 channel format – exactly as recorded in the studio
* 116 of the most current playing styles and tempos organised across 8 main musical genres
* 8 genres: Pop; Rock; Funk/RnB; Jazz; Blues/Country; Latin; Reggae and Odd Meter
SessionBand gets the world's top session musicians playing on your tracks:
* All 800 loops have been recorded exclusively for SessionBand by Ralph Salmins - one of the world's best session drummers - 3 times nominated as a 'Top 10' drummer in the Rhythm Magazine poll and voted Best Drummer at the British Jazz Awards. Ralph continues to perform with some of the biggest names in music including Stevie Wonder, Elton John, Madonna, Wynton Marsalis, Van Morrison, Paul McCartney, Burt Bacharach, Quincy Jones, Robbie Williams, Paloma Faith and The Waterboys... to name just a few. He is also credited with performing on over 100 movie soundtracks!
* All loops are copyright free
Anyone can create professional acoustic guitar tracks with SessionBand:
* No musical experience required
* Simple, intuitive interface allows easy loop manipulation
* Copy and paste function speeds up the song building process
* Help tutorials on every main screen
Create great-sounding real acoustic drum tracks on the move:
* All loops reside within the app
* No internet access required (once app is downloaded)
* Create studio-quality music absolutely anywhere!
Summary of main features:
* Over 800 individually recorded acoustic drum loops included
* 116 playing styles and tempos organised across 8 main genres
* 6 x main loops and fills in each style
* Live and automated (block) mixing
* Metronome and count-in
* Instant one-touch recording
*Real-time tempo shift +/- 15%
* PDF notation of all 116 styles
* Email finished track instantly as audio
* Email tracks as files for other users to import
* Background audio facility
* iTunes file sharing
* Range of export/share features including Audiobus and AudioCopy
Create, jam, practice, record, share... all in one amazing, self-contained drum app.
iOS 13 bug fixes (stops freezing-up issues) and also improved export features and file sharing.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I was expecting more...
I'm using this on an iphone. I don't like the sound of the loops when you change the tempo even a little bit. The arrangement of loops is hard to navigate, just a big list that doesn't include the tempo in the title or an audio preview and the program doesn't remember your place when you go back to the loops from the arrangement. I could take an arrangement like this A-A-A-Afill-B-B-B-Bfill-C-C-C-Cfill apply all the styles I want, export them and delete the program. Garageband or Sampletank may do a better job of changing the tempo, I don't know.
Everything I have from Session Band has worked beautifully to provide a set of excellent musical tools for both study and for performance. Many of the reviews for Session Band Drums have been on the negative side. I can definitely understand this because, by itself, Session Band Drums does not offer as much as the other Session Band apps that provide drum parts, bass parts, chord parts, and much more. However, for the simple purpose I have in mind for Session Band drums, it really has provided a great tool. My recommendation is that potential users of Session Band Drums make sure, before purchasing, that they are not going to be asking too much from the app. If they want more than what Session Band Drums can provide, I recommend that they find a what they are looking for in Session Band Rock, Blues, Jazz, Country, Acoustic, Piano, etc. I hope this helps!
There are a number of issues with this app. One, in this day and age where you can buy excellent drum loops for little money, this app is light years behind. There are a handful of fills for each profession. There is no way of knowing what pattern or fill does what. My oh have to go through each one and write it down to keep track of it. The audio quality is poor. You can hear the high hat stand or pedal squeaking. There are awful overtones from the snare on some of the tracks. Basically, if you just want a limited metronome with real drum sounds then this may work for you. If are hoping for a drum program that raises the bar and could be useful for recording on an iPad this falls way short.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.