Set Genie is an intelligent song and setlist database for iOS and macOS. It learns from each setlist you create, and generates custom setlists based on your previous song choices and ordering. And with Live Mode, Set Genie can send individualized charts to each member of your group with the touch of a button, completely replacing printed sheet music.
No more maintaining multiple binders of music or worrying about who will forget theirs at the next gig. No more awkward pauses in the set while each musician scrambles through their book looking for the right chart. And Set Genie can sync all your data between devices automatically. So even if you forget your iPad, as long as you have your phone or your Mac, you’re good to go.
Using a substitute sax player who doesn’t know the band’s repertoire? Just hand them an iPad and they’ll receive each saxophone chart in real time as your setlist progresses. All your charts for every song and instrument are stored in one place, and can be sent on-demand to anyone – hugely simplifying your life as a bandleader.
Set Genie is also a versatile digital songbook. Use it to organize all your songs and their charts, lyrics, notes, and chords. It includes a full-featured ChordPro editor, and built-in chord diagrams for guitar, mandolin, and ukulele.
With a broad feature set suitable to a wide variety of uses, Set Genie is a flexible, powerful solution for musicians and ensemble leaders of all kinds.
• Create and share setlists
• Generate accurate and playable setlists automatically, or create them manually
• Share setlists in a variety of formats (PDF, CSV, plain text, and print) via AirDrop, email, iMessage, text message, and more
• Quickly view each song's charts, lyrics, ChordPro, notes, and info from within a setlist
• Shuffle songs, reorder them automatically, or optimize their ordering by key
• Use Live Mode to broadcast charts customized to each musician in your group in real time
• Send song and set changes and individualized charts for each song in a setlist, all at the touch of a button. For example, your keyboard player receives the Keyboard chart, your bass player receives the Bass chart, your vocalist receives the Lyrics chart, etc.
• Musicians can add notes and markings to charts. Save them into your song library at the end of a rehearsal or performance.
• Automatically connect to other devices running Set Genie, with or without a WiFi router
• Optionally scroll PDFs, lyrics, and ChordPro documents using a variety of Bluetooth page turner pedals
• Digitize your song library
• Store song attributes like key, style, tempo, release year, and duration
• Add lyrics, PDF charts, and ChordPro documents to each song
• Easily import and export songs in several formats, including ChordPro and OnSong
• Filter songs by group, event type, key, style, singer, release year, and tags
• Add ink and text annotations to PDF charts
• Create, edit, and export ChordPro documents
• Use the built-in ChordPro editor to create ChordPro documents quickly and easily
• Add or edit chord diagrams for guitar, mandolin, and ukulele using the full-featured chord diagram editor
• Easily transpose and respell chords
• Customize document font sizes, colors, and line spacing
• Export and print ChordPro documents in PDF and plain text format
• Visualize song and setlist data with graphs
• Automatically sync data between devices using iCloud (requires iOS 13 or higher, or macOS 10.15 or higher)
• Fixed an issue that could cause the app to crash when entering the Live Mode window
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome tool for musicians!
SetGenie is a powerful tool for organizing song/tune repertoires, creating set lists, storing charts, lyrics, chords, and other song information - and easily sharing these libraries, set lists and charts with other musicians. My favorite features (unique to Set Genie!) include "Live Mode" and the ability to assign multiple charts to a song, such as parts for different instruments. Musicians in a band can all wirelessly connect their iPads/iPhones together to sync up to a set list for a show/rehearsal. Whenever the bandleader taps on a song name on the set list, all the other iPads show which song has been selected, and the appropriate chart for each musician pops up automatically! (e.g. The saxophonist sees the saxophone chart, the trumpeter sees the trumpet chart, etc.) This works great for our wedding band! Musicians can even annotate (mark up) their parts and send all the annotations back to the bandleader after the show/rehearsal. Another cool (and unique) feature is the set list generator, which learns patterns from the set lists you create, and intelligently uses this information when generating new set lists. It’s a great app with many handy features - don’t snooze on it!
P.S. There is a comprehensive manual available in the app.
Best app for bandleader EVER
This app has literally changed my life as a bandleader. I’m in numerous different bands and each one has different song lists. I write the sets for every band I play with. This app helps me keep them all separate. It also allows me to create compelling, unique set lists depending on the room, the crowd, and the band I’m playing with. Because I end up writing between 2 and 5 setlists a week, this app has drastically cut down the time I need to obsess over different song lists. In fact, for a month I didn’t have the app and all the bands fell apart. Literally. We ended up playing the same limited number of songs because I couldn’t remember any other songs we played. Ha. I rely on this thing constantly and fully. If you find yourself crafting setlists, this app is a dream come true. It’s so easy to use, so intuitive, and so sexy. Don’t miss out. It will save you time and energy that you can put into your performance. Do yourself a favor and get Set Genie.
You shall be granted 3 wishes
1) I wish I never had to print out and tape or hole punch a chart ever again
2) I wish I never had to scratch out umpteen set lists right before we take the stage
3) I wish I had 3 more wishes
After using this app on the stand in professional situations it becomes immediately clear the value of this awesome time- and stress-saving tool. If you are a bandleader, say ta-ta to the days of scrambling to print, tape, and organize charts. Now, instead of stressing about scratching out 9 copies of a set list, you can relax and take those precious 10 or 15 minutes right before a gig to use the loo, or grab a quick drink or a drag, or meditate , or call your mother....
If you have a function gig, like a wedding and you need everyone to be on the same [digital] page ALWAYS, and sometimes at a moment’s notice, (you know, drunk guest requests, read the room.... sometimes you just gotta call a quick audible and play ‘Like a Prayer’ instead of ‘Uptown Funk’...) no one in the band (which may include a sub who doesn’t know the book) has to lift a finger. Everything is synced at a touch of a few buttons and a swipe or two
DEFINITELY worth checking this app out. Once you do, you won’t ever want to go back to the antiquated ways of the analog age
Do yourself and your band a favor and let set genie grant your wishes
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Andrew Moroz
- 28.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Andrew Moroz
- In-App Purchases
- Set Genie Monthly Subscription $0.99
- Set Genie Yearly Subscription $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.