Shade transforms your device into a professional node-based shader editor. Build stunning, connected shader graphs that render in real time
You'll find full support for keyboard shortcuts, drag-and-drop, and documentation built right in
Once you're done, export your shader out to Unity 3D or load it straight into Codea. Use them in your games, apps, or anything you make
Put your finger on the glass and start creating
• Connection stacking: no need for explicit arithmetic nodes. Just plug multiple outputs into a single input. Tap to change how they're blended
• Automatic swizzling: connect anything to anything. Shade will figure it out and swizzle your connection. Tap the little circle to re-wire the logic
• Over 100 nodes for building your shaders, tap any node for help
• Live physically-based render preview
• Drag-and-drop images right into your graph
• Full keyboard support
• AR previews, including Face AR for building shaders right on your... face
• Video tutorials
New Built-In Plugin:
• Map Export, export all texture maps to a folder for use in other tools and apps
• Repeat/Mirror/Clamp sampling options for texture-based nodes now work correctly
• Updated several plugins to export folders instead of bundles
• Added missing mip level parameter for texture2DLod method
• Built-in Unity exporter code generation fix related to gradient nodes
• 8 and 16 bit Grayscale/RGB/RGBA images are now saved to PNG format correctly
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Latest update makes app unusable
great tool; there's no contact info on the support link nor in app (at least i cant access it due to this bug) so im writing this here
trying to create or open any shader throws a 'corrupted or version mismatch' error
Developer Response ,
I'm sorry about this! Thank you for bringing it to our attention we're working on a quick fix
Update: we've identified and fixed the bug and an app update is on its way
Very useful tool but...
We really need the added option/feature to export a basic PBR materials folder (without having to right-click for “Show Package Contents”). Not only would this help current users but it would also make the app very appealing to potential users as well.
Update: The developer was very quick to accommodate the above request with an update. This app is an INCREDIBLY useful tool and I would definitely recommend you download it now.
Maybe I’m not sure what this is for
The fact that there’s no streaming camera texture support as an input makes this a lot less interesting than it could’ve been. The only time variant inputs appear to be “microphone” and “time”. No gyro, no ALS, no accelerometer, no heart-rate — really underutilized the available resources.
So I can drag and drop shader pieces on my tiny phone screen, so I guess that’s fun but I can do that better on a computer. My phone can do what my computer can’t — use that!
- Two Lives Left
- 229.2 MB
- Graphics & Design
Requires iOS 12.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Two Lives Left Pty. Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- 14-day Trial
- Shade Standard $15.99
- Shade Pro $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.