Shakespeare Pro 4+
Shakespeare Pro is now on your Mac!
Shakespeare Pro® for Mac includes the complete works of Shakespeare (41 plays, 154 sonnets and 6 poems, including doubtful works) and search the concordance to find the exact word or phrase you’re looking for (with “relaxed” searching to find words close to your search term).
• Browse the full First Folio and Study Materials are included!
• The industry standard "Shakespeare's Words" glossary integrated. Just click a word to see it's meaning.
• Take notes and share your notebooks with other Shakespeare Pro users (iOS & Mac).
• Create bookmarks to save your favorite passages, and share them with other Shakespeare Pro users (iOS & Mac).
• Search the works to find exactly what you're looking for
• Like "dark mode"? Yep, you can go easy on the eyes in dark places with the new dark mode and themes.
Like the new features? Having trouble and need support? Let us know at email@example.com, at support.playshakespeare.com.
A small update with a few new bits:
• NEW! Now includes Arden of Faversham
• NEW! Now includes the Monarch Family Tree in the Study section, as well as other new study materials
• Numerous bug fixes and small improvements
This is the last version to support macOS 10.13 so update your Mac.
Ratings and Reviews
What he said.
I have this app on both my iPhone and iPad. It is a scholarly work on those. I can access folio versions, there are line numbers, there are all kinds of added things. But the app for the Mac is simply the texts of the plays without line numbers even. Wait till it comes up to the mobile versions before buying it.
Developer Response ,
We've updated the app twice. Have you updated yet? The new Shakespeare Pro 1.3.1 now has notetaking features and the Shakespeare's Words glossary. You will get those for free when you update the app. If you're still having trouble, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or support.playshakespeare.com
It's amazing - and gratifying - that PlayShakespeare.com's Shakespeare Pro app contains as much as it does: the texts of Shakespeare's entire œvre - in both modern presentation and that of the First Folio; with line numbers, notes, bookmarking etc. Plus a biography, portraits, notes on the theatres, and relevant background theory like the Great Chain of Being and monarch family trees.
For each play there is a synopsis, chronologies, composition and publication dates, sources and - where appropriate - co-authors.
Additionally Shakespeare Pro contains over a dozen and a half sets of relevant data that are all both easy-to-read and use; ten collections of statistics about the plays' characters, their roles and (numerical) contributions to each play.
Analyses of language includes scansion and prosody, a huge glossary of Renaissance rhetorical terms, Shakespeare's neologisms; and tables of quotes sortable by text, speaker and work.
Much of the material is searchable. It's all tastefully presented. Will save a great deal of time by obviating the need to search/consult online and paper sources.
And all this for US$9.99.
The app seems robust; is easy to navigate and contains many links to (external) sources. An amazing find. The best of its kind.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 181.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2009-2020 PlayShakespeare.com. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.