Quick and simple way to measure both feet length and width and check your shoe size by taking measurements on picture.
Info, howto, tips:
With Feet Meter you can measure feet length and width quickly and check your shoe size using your camera and a standard sheet of paper. Now you can find out your fitting shoe size before making an online order.
What you need:
iPhone with Feet Meter installed
Sheet of paper (A4 or US letter)
Flat and even floor bounded by wall or curb
- take or upload picture from the gallery
- shoe size conversion charts for different regions (USA, Europe, Brazil, UK, Japan & China)
- Man / Woman / Kid shoe size charts
- length and width of each feet in centimeters (cm) and inches (in)
- width: narrow, regular, wide
- picture zoom in/out for accurate alignment and measurements
How to measure shoe size:
1. Stand against a wall with heels touching the wall (barefoot or wearing thin socks, no shoes!) and toes pointing forward
2. Place a reference, sheet of paper A4 or US letter, on the floor (see online guide or screenshots). Take a picture.
3. Upload picture into the app and mark the reference with the frame on the screen (pay attention to the short side label and selected sheet size)
4. Mark wall/floor joint line using control points of the baseline
5. Use top control points of the foot rulers to mark the longest toes of your feet and width
6. Press “Shoe prints” button to see the length and width of your feet and shoe size chart *
* use measurements of the larger foot when buying shoes
If you like the app and find it useful please support us with your feedback and comment.
Feel free to contact email@example.com with any questions or comments.
fixes, stability and accuracy improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Low expectations, not super intuitive but 100% works
I took a 99 cent gamble on a review with one star- it's not intuitive what so ever but it worked perfectly, so you know what - 4 stars. Surpassed my expectations 100 fold
App shows wrong measurements for settings initially
Followed all the instructions and set the paper size to “US Letter”. Meticulously aligned the rules exactly like the video, but I was surprised to see my measurement was small by a full Men’s US size (this is a LOT). Out of curiosity, I switched to see what the woman’s equivalent was, and it actually seemed more reasonable. I switched back to the Men’s tab, and now my size was correct! Every time I remeasure, and open up the sizing window, it’s wrong initially until I switch the tab to women’s and back to men’s again.
It would also be nice if this app could do foot width, but that doesn’t look like an option.
Developer Response ,
Michael, Thank you very much for your feedback and bug report. Fix v1.0.6 has been released, please check the new version and update your comment here. You are right there is no option for width measurement yet, but we will consider your suggestion in future updates.
Ran through the steps 3 times to get results. Each time the results varied by half a cm. But all the results were off by a full shoe size of my actual shoe size. All my comfortable shoes are 11.5 and some sneakers are 12. The foot meter results showed size 10 and 10.5.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your interest in our app and for reporting an issue. We updated the app with fixes and improvements, it is available on the App Store now. Meanwhile could you please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with details about your measurements (feet length values range, man or woman chart?)? Also your suggestions are always welcomed. It would help us to fix issues and improve the app experience.
UPD: please see the updated version on the market. Any news?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.