Save keyboard shortcuts you use daily in your apps or want to learn and use more frequently.
With Shortcut Keeper, you can easily keep the hotkeys you frequently use in one place.
Instead of searching around for the same keyboard shortcuts every once in a while, you can:
- Add the keyboard shortcut in Shortcut Keeper.
- Check it out quickly whenever you need to remember the shortcut.
- Keep until you have memorized it.
Especially useful if:
- You are coming to macOS from another OS and want to learn its hotkeys
- You are using an app for the first time.
Keep it on the side while using your apps and immediately check your saved shortcuts.
- Bring it to the front with Command-Option-K (or your own hotkey combination).
- A lightweight app for your Mac.
- Intuitive design.
- Dark theme available.
- Filtering and layout options.
- Support for chord shortcuts (e.g. Command-K Command-T) and custom apps.
Be more productive with your daily tasks with Shortcut Keeper!
- You can now see the whole shortcut description in the list, even if it's more than a couple of lines long.
- When you add a new shortcut, if you have filtered your shortcuts by an app, that specific app will be pre-filled in the dialog.
- Fixed an issue with the search field's clear button not working.
- Added app icons for Default Folder X, Moom, and Witch apps.
Ratings and Reviews
Mostly useful, has shortages
The only app of it's kind so far so it's okay but the ability to manually enter shortcuts would be helpful, as would the ability to manually add icons/apps. I use this mostly to keep track of my menubar hotkeys and website specific keyboard shortcuts but right now the inability to enter a shortcut that triggers after I enter a key three times, or the inability to enter a chord shortcut that uses the function key is limiting, the same way it's slightly annoying to not be able to add custom icons.
Still, it's miles better than Cheat Sheet for what I'm using it for, which seems to be the only alternative to this app and serves an entirely different purpose than what I need.
Update: The new ability to add custom shortcuts and commands is wonderful :)
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review! Regarding your feedback:
- Adding a custom app icon will be implemented.
- The Fn key is slightly more tricky, but I will give it a try.
I also was not aware of the variety of different shortcuts a user may register. I will probably add a way to add a fully custom shortcut too.
A very useful app
A great tool for learning keyboard shortcut heavy apps (such as Vim)! I've found bugs but Minas is very responsive and rolled out fixes quickly after I brought them to his attention.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Minas Giannekas
- 24.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14.6 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Minas Giannekas
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.