Become a STRESS-FREE student with TIME-BLOCKING.
Shovel is a unique study planner that will help you build a solid foundation for life.
Shovel is the only study planner that will tell you if you can get every task done on time. And warns you if you can't, so that you can adjust your schedule in advance.
• Plan exactly WHAT task you will work on, WHEN, and for HOW LONG.
• Available Study Time - Time Needed for a task = knowing if you have enough time to get your task done. Shovel calculates this continuously, for every task, throughout your entire semester.
• Every task from every syllabus in one place
• Real-time information on every task
• Time you Have
• Time you Need
• Time Cushion
YOUR IDEAL SCHEDULE
• Build your dream week. Block out the times when you’re busy, including 'Me-Time' for fun and personal activities and see how it affects your study schedule going forward. Shovel will tell you if you can do it all, or if you need to adjust your plan.
ROTATING CLASS SCHEDULE
• Create events that repeat every XX weeks with ease.
DETAILED TASK MANAGEMENT
• Know how long each reading will take (we do the math for you!)
• Estimate how long to study for each exam
• Estimate how long you need for each assignment
• See how changes affect your future study time
• Track your progress on every task
• Move tasks to Completed or Do-Later
• Adjust on the go
PLANNER ON STEROIDS
• Assign tasks to specific study times
• Know how long you’ll work on each task and when
• See which tasks you haven’t planned or how much of a task you haven’t planned yet
TIMELINE OF EVERY DAY
• See how you use every minute
• Classes, Activities, Meals, Me Time, and Events
• Even the time you spend walking to and from
• Unplanned Study Times
• Planned Study Times (with the tasks you plan on doing)
• Never miss a beat. Get notified about the things you have to do and make sure you record the things you've done.
• Use build-in timer to track time spent on each task
• Know how you're doing in each class by putting in your grades properly weighted based on your grading rubric
• Weekly commitments
ADJUST ON THE GO
• Adjust time needed based on your progress
• Adjust estimated reading times with one click and instantly see how it affects your schedule
• Adjust anything in your schedule
COLLEGE IN YOUR POCKET
• Your entire semester at your fingertips
With Shovel, there are no surprises. You’ll be in complete control of your studies. You’ll know what’s next, how long it will take, if you have time to get it done ,and when you’ll get it done.
Get organized and become the best student you can be.
*** REQUIRES SETUP IN WEB APP FIRST***
Because college syllabi have a lot of information, the fastest way for you to get started is to set everything up on your laptop in the Shovel web-app. Sign up at:
Go to our website https://shovelapp.io and use the chat. We'll be more than happy to help.
We’re always making improvements to Shovel.
This version includes:
- iOS 14 widget
- Marking planned tasks as done
- Improved timer
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I like it and recommend you try it. Small learning curve.
Needs an app for MAC IOS or downloadable on my MAC desktop.
You have to go to the website basically and sign up /sign in and you can more easily setup your school stuff but download the app to your ipad to add, and easy move around of tasks. Oh i also surest adding a step by step walkthrough manual that we can always access. Now, other than that its a very cool and useful way to stay on top of your school-work-life balance. Also reminds you of how little time in a day there is!lol But the calendar function setup is very helpful. I overall recommend that any student should try Shovel.
I’d love to give it a 5 star review... but...
I think the concept for Shovel is amazing.. but there are a few issues with the actual execution. Tho I don’t think they’d be hard for the app developer to fix. I understand that the main way to edit things is on a computer, but! There should be a “hard copy” (so to speak) downloaded on the app. That only gets updated from the server. As in it should have an offline mode. Right now their server is down; and not only can I not access it on my computer (which is understandable since the computer version is solely web access) but I also can’t access it on my phone. This is a huge flaw. What if I hadn’t written down my assignments anywhere else? Or what if I simply wasn’t in an area with WiFi or cell service and wanted to check my assignments? I think it’s crazy that I have to be hooked up to the internet to do so. Please please add an offline stored version on the app. And also. Please fix the server. I’d love to give this app 5 stars. But not even being able to see all the info that I took hours to set up this week is really really not great.
So I’m actually a professor, not a student, but I absolutely love Shovel. I have just personally set it up so that my research, grant proposals, and other miscellaneous item are also “classes” and my assignments for my actual classes are things such as “preparing class material” or “grading homework”. I truly think this is a great app for anyone (student, teacher, or random person) who has anxiety about getting things done. It’s really helped me feel calmer knowing that everything has it’s time to get done. To me, it’s completely worth the yearly subscription.
If I had any suggestion for the developers, it would be to make options for the program to be more flexible (I.e. not only for students). I can see this being such a useful tool for anyone who likes block scheduling. Like I said, with just a tinch of creativity it’s easy enough to make it work for anyone as is, but I think a lot of people don’t realize that.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- James Siverts
- 34.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © How To Study Smart, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Lifetime plan $46.99
- Lifetime plan $13.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.