See into the future with the Shovel Study Planner. Shovel is not just another to-do list or a useless calendar. It is a Real-Time Study Planner, built from the ground up with only students in mind. Shovel knows exactly where and how much Study Time you have available. It also knows how much time you need to get your homework done, and if you have ENOUGH time to get it done. Shovel does this continuously in real time! Know exactly where you stand, every minute of every day.
Yes, Shovel is the best study planner on the planet, but to guarantee success in college, you also need the right study habits. That’s why we created a complete step-by-step Study System on our website, totally free!
To learn how to manage your time and workload and to learn how to study effectively and become the best student you can be, visit howtostudyincollege.com.
• Available Study Time minus time needed for a task equals knowing if you have enough time to get your task done on time. Shovel calculates this continuously, for every task throughout the entire semester.
• Every task from every syllabus in one place
• Real-time information on every task
• Time you Have
• Time you Need
• Time Cushion
• Build your dream week. Block out the times when you’re busy, including 'Me-Time' for fun and personal activities and see how it affects your study schedule going forward. Shovel will tell you if you can do it all, or if you need to adjust.
DETAILED TASK MANAGEMENT
• Know how long each reading will take (we do the math for you)
• Estimate how long to study for each exam
• Estimate how long you need for each assignment
• See how changes affect your time for days and weeks ahead
• Track your progress on every task
• Move tasks to Completed or Do-Later
• Adjust on the go
PLANNER ON STEROIDS
• Assign tasks to specific study times
• Know how long you’ll work on each task and when
• See which tasks you haven’t planned yet or how much of a task you haven’t planned yet
TIMELINE OF EVERY DAY
• See how you use every minute
• Classes, Activities, Meals, Me Time, and Events
• Even the time you spend walking to and from
• Unplanned Study Times
• Planned Study Times (with the tasks you plan on doing)
• Use build-in timer to track time spent on each task
• Know how you're doing in each class by putting in your grades properly weighted based on your grading rubric
• Weekly commitments
ADJUST ON THE GO
• Adjust time needed based on your progress
• Adjust estimated reading times with one click and instantly see how it affects your schedule
• Adjust anything in your schedule
COLLEGE IN YOUR POCKET
• Your entire semester at your fingertips
With Shovel, there are no surprises. You’ll be in complete control of your studies. You’ll know what’s next, how long it will take, if you have time to get it done ,and when you’ll get it done.
Get organized and become the best student you can be.
*** REQUIRES SETUP IN FREE WEB APP FIRST***
Because college syllabi have a lot of information, the fastest way for you to get started is to set everything up on your laptop in the FREE Shovel web app. Sign up first at:
*** PRICING ***
• Web app - Forever Free
• Mobile app - Free - You can see all your tasks, commitments, and events that you set up on the web app
• Mobile app - Paid (one time fee) - To edit each task and event, plan tasks, track progress, enter grades, use the timer, check things off.
Go to our website https://howtostudyincollege.com and use the chat. We'll be more than happy to help.
We want the best for our students so we’re always making improvements to Shovel. Keep your Updates turned on to make sure you have the newest Shovel.
This version includes:
- Make course picker scrollable
- Optimize performance
- Implement new sliders
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I found the best college study app ever
I cannot remember how I came across this but I am so glad I did! The layout is awesome, the app never fails to show exactly what the web site shows, and all of my tasks are getting done because of it! It’s fantastic for college students like myself!
My only wish is that I could send everything over to Google calendar, even if it was a separate calendar that I had to select to view. My work schedules me through Google and I still tend to place appointments there out of habit and it would be wonderful to say “yes, I can be there” or “no, I can’t” by just opening one app. Maybe in the future.
Thanks for a great app/web site!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write this review. We're in the middle of redesigning the web app and equipping it with better functionalities and integration with other calendars is the next step. Because we're not just a calendar, but a time calculator we'll need to import events from your google cal into Shovel first so that whatever you have going on that effects your schedule can be accounted for. Hope that makes sense. Again, thank you so much for your kind words and the suggestion. We're on it :) - Petr
I started out using the website in beta two years ago and it helped me stay on top of my class work and get my associates. I am now working on my bachelors so glad they created the moblie app. Every how to do well in college book tells you steps to setup everything Shovel does but on paper/calendar but that does not come close to giving you the information you gain from Shovel. If you have trouble with time management get this app.
If you suffer from bipolar or depression this app is a life saver. It takes off some pressure when you are in an episode. You can schedule “my brain is not helping me at the moment” time.
Developer Response ,
Hiii !!! Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad that we've been able to help you! The goal with Shovel and HowToStudyInCollege has always been to help students and we're so glad to hear that it's working. We're constantly working on improving Shovel and we have exciting stuff coming to the web-app later in the fall. Best of luck with your bachelor's degree! Hope everything goes well and as always, chat with us via the web-app or on the website if you need any help. Best - Petr
College isn’t hard with Shovel
My journey with Shovel started in the beta when it was only available on the computer. I remember looking at all these different planners only to find this. From there I was hooked. I drifted away (due to the lack of an iOS app) planning on coming back when they got a app! So I’m so excited to kick off my new semester with the best planner app for college. The interface is pleasing to the eye and is easy to use. It also takes into account how long an assignment will take which is what sets it apart for me. You can easily plan out your time more effectively so you can have more time for other things.
Thank you so much for making the perfect app for college!
I’m so happy to use this app and highly recommend it to any college student who needs more control over their study habits! Also, I recommend looking at their study tips to complete the experience, especially if you’re new to college.
Now if only they had an everyday planner, my life would be complete✨
Developer Response ,
Hi! We are so happy that you're enjoying Shovel! We have some cool updates coming up for the web app so sit tight for an even better experience.
Would love to talk to you if you ever find the time to give us ideas about how to make Shovel better. Just connect with me via the chat in the app and let's schedule a call.
- James Siverts
- 13.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © How To Study Smart, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Full access to Shovel mobile $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.