*** The original and only Mac shutter count reader that works with all new Canons ***
ShutterCount displays the number of shutter actuations (the shutter count) of your Canon EOS, Nikon or Pentax digital camera - see the complete list of supported models below. The shutter count is read directly from USB or Wi-Fi connected Canons, and from image files for Nikon and Pentax cameras.
With ShutterCount you can easily check whether a newly purchased camera is really new, or check how heavily used a pre-owned item is. And you can save a trip to a service center by doing the reading for yourself.
ShutterCount provides unlimited readings for your cameras.
The app displays the count for still photos by default - purchase the optional Live View Pack to get additional counters that also cover videos. The Live View Pack is available as an in-app purchase for select Canon models.
History logging allows you to track camera usage. Logs are stored in CSV format that can be imported into Apple's Numbers or Microsoft Excel for further processing.
The optional Plus Pack enables graphing, forecasting, history deduplication and Canon EOS camera management (date/time sync, owner name editing, copyright info setting, outdated firmware warning, IPTC export/import). The Plus Pack is available as an in-app purchase.
Certified cameras (direct connection):
• Canon 1D4/1DC/1DX/1DX2/5D2/5D3/5D4/5DS/5DSR/6D/6D2/7D/7D2/40D/50D/60D/70D/77D/80D/100D/200D/200D2/250D/450D/500D/550D/600D/650D/700D/750D/760D/800D/1000D/1100D/1200D/1300D/1500D/2000D/3000D/4000D/8000D/9000D/M50/R/RP; Kiss F/M/X2/X3/X4/X5/X6i/X7/X7i/X8i/X9/X9i/X10/X50/X70/X80/X90; Rebel SL1/SL2/SL3/T1i/T2i/T3/T3i/T4i/T5/T5i/T6/T6i/T6s/T7/T7i/T100/XS/XSi
Wi-Fi and/or Ethernet connection is supported via built-in connectivity or the optional Canon W-E1, WFT-E6/E7/E8 transmitters on:
• Canon 1DC/1DX/5D3/5D4/5DS/5DSR/6D/6D2/7D2/70D/77D/80D/200D/200D2/250D/800D/9000D/M50/R/RP; Kiss X9/X9i/X10; Rebel SL2/SL3/T7i
Built-in Wi-Fi must be disabled when connected via USB as it blocks the USB port when enabled. Please quit all applications that might connect to your camera (e.g. Kuuvik Capture, EOS Utility, Capture One, Lightroom) before launching ShutterCount.
Certified cameras (using image files):
• Nikon D2H/D2X/D2Xs/D3/D3S/D3X/D4/D4S/D5/D40/D40X/D50/D60/D70/D70s/D80/D90/D200/D300/D300S/D500/D600/D610/D700/D750/D800/D800E/D810/D850/D3000/D3100/D3200/D3300/D3400/D3500/D5000/D5100/D5200/D5300/D5500/D5500/D7000/D7100/D7200/Df/Z6/Z7; 1 AW1/J1/J3/J4/J5/V1/V2/V3; Coolpix A
• Pentax *istDL/*istDL2/645D/645Z/K1/K1II/K3/K3II/K5/K5II/K5IIs/K7/K10D/K20D/K30/K50/K70/K100D/K100D Super/K200D/K500/K2000/Km/KP/Kr/KS1/KS2/Kx
Forecasting is not available for certain Nikon and Pentax models. For more information please see the app's Tech Specs page: https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/tech-specs
The following cameras might work (using image files, see the Tech Specs page for known limitations):
• Canon 1D2/1D2N/1D3/1Ds2/1Ds3
Cameras not listed here are not supported.
Questions? Problems? Check out the Getting Started Guide (https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/getting-started), the FAQ (https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/faq), or contact our support!
DISCLAIMER: The app displays the camera's internal counter. DIRE Studio is not responsible for how well and accurately the camera maintains that counter. The forecast is calculated based on your previous usage, and will change if you use the camera differently in the future.
Fixed an issue that could prevent communication with USB and Wi-Fi connected cameras.
WHAT'S NEW IN VERSION 4
• Added support for Canon EOS RP, 250D/Rebel SL3/Kiss X10/200D Mark II, 4000D/Rebel T100/3000D and Kiss X90.
• Added shutter rating for Nikon D850.
• Auto power off is prevented on connected Canon cameras by default. It can be disabled in Preferences.
• Improved interference detection with other camera control apps on macOS 10.12 and later.
WHAT'S NEW IN THE PLUS PACK
New features for Canon EOS cameras:
• The copyright information template provides an easy way to set and maintain author and copyright metadata. Supports tokens for the current year (so it's always up-to-date), owner/author name and the copyright symbol. Also sets copyright tags in IPTC information on cameras having IPTC support.
• Owner name editing. Click the "Owner Name" label on the "Camera Summary" tab or choose "Edit Owner Name" from the "Camera" menu to edit it.
• IPTC export/import for cameras that support IPTC information (EOS-1D X Mark II, 5D Mark IV, R). The created files are compatible with Kuuvik Capture and Canon EOS Utility.
• Date/time is synchronized immediately on all connected cameras when the "Synchronize date/time with the Mac" checkbox is checked.
Ratings and Reviews
Pug it in and you get immediate results. Used with 5D MarkIII. You just need the USB cable that comes with the camera. Looks like a standard cable so if you don’t still have it you can buy it. Just make sure it is the right plug for the camera.
Tad expensive, but works of Canon 7D II
All the other shutter counts i used before on my Canon 7D wouldn’t work on the newer 7D II. This works on the 7D II. Seems that Canon is making it more difficult to get shutter counts on new Digix 6 sensor cameras. Bit expensive for the simple task it does, but at least it works and was easy.
I’m planning to sell my Canon 60d and 70d, and wanted to check the shutter count. Wasted time trying other free options that didn’t work; bought this app and bingo, in seconds had my shutter count. Thank you, thank you!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.