*** The original and only iOS shutter count reader that works with all new Canons ***
ShutterCount displays the number of shutter actuations (the shutter count) of your Canon EOS, Nikon or Pentax digital camera - see the complete list of supported models below. The shutter count is read directly from Wi-Fi connected Canons, and from photos for Nikon and Pentax cameras.
With ShutterCount you can easily check whether a newly purchased camera is really new, or check how heavily used a pre-owned item is. And you can save a trip to a service center by doing the reading for yourself.
ShutterCount provides unlimited readings for your cameras.
The app displays the count for still photos by default - purchase the optional Live View Pack to get additional counters that also cover videos. The Live View Pack is available as an in-app purchase for select Canon models.
History logging allows you to track camera usage. Logs are stored in CSV format that can be imported into Apple's Numbers or Microsoft Excel for further processing.
The optional Plus Pack enables graphing, forecasting, history deduplication and Canon EOS camera management (date/time sync, owner name editing, copyright info setting, outdated firmware warning, IPTC export/import). The Plus Pack is available as an in-app purchase.
Certified cameras (direct connection):
• Canon 1DC/1DX (via Ethernet or WFT-E6); 5D3 (via WFT-E7); 5D4; 5DS/5DSR (via W-E1); 6D/6D2; 7D2 (via W-E1 or WFT-E7); 70D/77D/80D/200D/200D2/250D/800D/9000D/M50/R/RP; Kiss M/X9/X9i/X10; Rebel SL2/SL3/T7i
These Canon cameras must be paired directly with ShutterCount using the "EOS Utility" connection mode via Wi-Fi or Ethernet. The camera and your iPhone or iPad must be connected to the same wireless network. Personal Hotspot created on iPhone can be used to connect the camera to.
Certified cameras (using photos, requires iOS 12 or later):
• Nikon D2H/D2X/D2Xs/D3/D3S/D3X/D4/D4S/D5/D40/D40X/D50/D60/D70/D70s/D80/D90/D200/D300/D300S/D500/D600/D610/D700/D750/D800/D800E/D810/D850/D3000/D3100/D3200/D3300/D3400/D3500/D5000/D5100/D5200/D5300/D5500/D5500/D7000/D7100/D7200/Df/Z6/Z7; 1 AW1/J1/J3/J4/J5/V1/V2/V3; Coolpix A
• Pentax *istDL/*istDL2/645D/645Z/K1/K1II/K3/K3II/K5/K5II/K5IIs/K7/K10D/K20D/K30/K50/K70/K100D/K100D Super/K200D/K500/K2000/Km/KP/Kr/KS1/KS2/Kx
Forecasting is not available for certain Nikon and Pentax models. For more information please see the app's Tech Specs page: https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/tech-specs
The following cameras might work (using photos, see the Tech Specs page for known limitations):
• Canon 1D2/1D2N/1D3/1Ds2/1Ds3
Original photos must be imported to Photos first.
Questions? Problems? Check out the Getting Started Guide (https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/getting-started), the FAQ (https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/faq), or contact our support!
DISCLAIMER: The app displays the camera's internal counter. DIRE Studio is not responsible for how well and accurately the camera maintains that counter. The forecast is calculated based on your previous usage, and will change if you use the camera differently in the future.
• Added support for Canon EOS RP and 250D/Rebel SL3/Kiss X10/200D Mark II.
• Added shutter rating for Nikon D850.
• Auto power off is prevented on connected Canon cameras by default. It can be disabled in the menu.
WHAT'S NEW IN THE PLUS PACK
New features for Canon EOS cameras:
• The copyright information template provides an easy way to set and maintain author and copyright metadata. Supports tokens for the current year (so it's always up-to-date), owner/author name and the copyright symbol. Also sets copyright tags in IPTC information on cameras having IPTC support.
• Owner name editing. Click the "Owner Name" label on the "Summary" tab or choose "Camera Settings" and then "Edit Owner Name" in the menu to edit it.
• IPTC export/import for cameras that support IPTC information (EOS-1D X Mark II, 5D Mark IV, R). The created files are compatible with Kuuvik Capture and Canon EOS Utility.
• Date/time is synchronized immediately on all connected cameras when "Sync Camera Date/Time" is set.
Ratings and Reviews
Canon 6D MK II
Pricey, not clear but does work .
On The Phone :
Open the app, click Conect, New Camera pairing
On the Camera:
Using WiFi settings connect to Remote Control (Eos Utility), than register a device for connections , chose switch networks and connect camera to the same WiFi as your iPad/iPhone then the app will connect to your camera and will display your shutter count .
Hope this helps .
Worked well with my EOS 80D
After reading some of these reviews I was skeptical. I went ahead and bought the app anyway. Figured out the wifi pairing in 5 minutes without using the guide. Not sure why everyone is having trouble with it, it was fairly simple. Works great although the $5 price is steep just for some camera info.
Works On Canon 80D
Just wanted to verify this app works to get you the shutter count on the 80D. Just got a Canon Refurb and was curious. Had to watch a tutorial online to connect as if I was using a computer EOS Utility. My Opinion: Price is steep at $5 but didn’t see any other choice that wasn’t going to be hit or miss effort. Hopefully I’ll get more use out of it in the future.
- DIRE Studio Kft.
- 3.5 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (9.7‑inch), iPad Pro (9.7-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad (5th generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (12.9‑inch) (2nd generation) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (10.5‑inch), iPad Pro (10.5-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad mini (5th generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad Air (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular,and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2013-2019 DIRE Studio Kft.
- In-App Purchases
- Plus Pack $4.99
- Live View Pack $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.