Trusted by 185,000+ customers from 130+ countries, the ShutterCount family is the gold standard in shutter count reading software.
*** The original, most feature-rich and only iOS shutter count reader that works with all new Canons ***
ShutterCount displays the number of shutter actuations (the shutter count) of your Canon EOS, Nikon or Pentax digital camera - see the complete list of certified models below. The shutter count is read directly from USB or Wi-Fi connected Canons, and from image files for Nikon and Pentax cameras. With ShutterCount you can easily check whether a newly purchased camera is really new, or how heavily used a pre-owned item is. And you can save a trip to a service center by doing the reading for yourself.
• Unlimited readings
• Counter for still photos
• Wear indicator with numeric and graphical rated shutter life percentage display
• History logging to track camera usage; logs are stored in CSV format that can be imported into Numbers or Excel for further processing
• Reports in plain text format
• Wizard to guide you through the reading process
LIVE VIEW PACK (optional in-app purchase supporting select Canon models)
• Counters for live view/videos and electronic shutter
• Distribution chart
PLUS PACK (optional in-app purchase)
• Shutter life forecasting (not available for some Nikon and Pentax models)
• History deduplication
• Canon EOS camera management (date/time sync, owner name editing, copyright information setting, outdated firmware warning, IPTC export/import)
• Raw copyright information display and secure personal data wiping for Canons
USB connection (requires a Lightning to USB Camera Adapter or a USB-C equipped iPad; Wi-Fi on the camera must be disabled):
• Canon 1D4/1DC/1DX/1DX2/1DX3/5D2/5D3/5D4/5DS/5DSR/6D/6D2/7D/7D2/40D/50D/60D/60Da/70D/77D/80D/90D/100D/200D/200D2/250D/450D/500D/550D/600D/650D/700D/750D/760D/800D/850D/1000D/1100D/1200D/1300D/1500D/2000D/3000D/4000D/8000D/9000D/M6II/M50/R/R3/R5/R6/Ra/RP; Kiss F/M/X2/X3/X4/X5/X6i/X7/X7i/X8i/X9/X9i/X10/X10i/X50/X70/X80/X90; Rebel SL1/SL2/SL3/T1i/T2i/T3/T3i/T4i/T5/T5i/T6/T6i/T6s/T7/T7i/T8i/T100/XS/XSi
Wi-Fi/Ethernet connection using built-in networking or Canon transmitters (the camera must be paired directly with ShutterCount using the "EOS Utility" function):
• Canon 1DC/1DX/1DX3/5D3/5D4/5DS/5DSR/6D/6D2/7D2/70D/77D/80D/90D/200D/200D2/250D/800D/850D/9000D/M6II/M50/R/R3/R5/R6/Ra/RP; Kiss M/X9/X9i/X10; Rebel SL2/SL3/T7i
• Nikon D2H/D2X/D2Xs/D3/D3S/D3X/D4/D4S/D5/D6/D40/D40X/D50/D60/D70/D70s/D80/D90/D200/D300/D300S/D500/D600/D610/D700/D750/D780/D800/D800E/D810/D850/D3000/D3100/D3200/D3300/D3400/D3500/D5000/D5100/D5200/D5300/D5500/D5500/D7000/D7100/D7200/D7500/Df/Z5/Z6/Z6II/Z7/Z7II/Z9/Z50/Zfc; 1 AW1/J1/J3/J4/J5/V1/V2/V3; Coolpix A
• Pentax *istDL/*istDL2/645D/645Z/K1/K1II/K3/K3II/K3III/K5/K5II/K5IIs/K7/K10D/K20D/K30/K50/K70/K100D/K100D Super/K200D/K500/K2000/Km/KP/Kr/KS1/KS2/Kx
Cameras not listed here are not supported.
FOR DETAILED COMPATIBILITY INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT: https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/tech-specs
Questions? Problems? Check out the Getting Started Guide (https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/getting-started), the FAQ (https://www.direstudio.com/shuttercount/faq), or contact our support by tapping Report a Problem on the More tab!
DISCLAIMER: The app displays the camera's internal counter. DIRE Studio is not responsible for how well and accurately the camera maintains that counter. The forecast is calculated based on your previous usage, and will change if you use the camera differently in the future.
• Added support for Canon EOS R3 and Nikon Z9.
• Added a prominent message when Canon camera pairing is continuously attempted the wrong way.
Ratings and Reviews
Worked well with my EOS 80D
After reading some of these reviews I was skeptical. I went ahead and bought the app anyway. Figured out the wifi pairing in 5 minutes without using the guide. Not sure why everyone is having trouble with it, it was fairly simple. Works great although the $5 price is steep just for some camera info.
Works On Canon 80D
Just wanted to verify this app works to get you the shutter count on the 80D. Just got a Canon Refurb and was curious. Had to watch a tutorial online to connect as if I was using a computer EOS Utility. My Opinion: Price is steep at $5 but didn’t see any other choice that wasn’t going to be hit or miss effort. Hopefully I’ll get more use out of it in the future.
Canon 70D won’t detect a 5ghz router signal
Shutter count worked great on my 70D but not at first. I thought it was the app but it was my router. It was on the 5ghz band and my 70D could not detect its signal. So I switched my router to the 2.4ghz band setting and it worked like a charm. My 70D was able to find my WiFi signal and connected to the app in a matter of seconds.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- DIRE Studio Kft.
- 3.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2013-2022 DIRE Studio Kft.
- In-App Purchases
- Live View Pack $3.99
- Plus Pack $4.99