ShutterSnitch is subscription based. With a subscription you get access to all features and updates. The first week is *free* so you can verify that things work with your specific camera or wi-fi card.
Wirelessly transfer images to your iPad from your Eye-Fi, Transcend Wi-Fi, Toshiba FlashAir, PQI Air, or ez Share card, GoPro HERO, Fujifilm cameras with built-in Wi-Fi, PTP/IP enabled device (such as the Nikon WU / D750 / Z7 or Canon EOS 5D Mark IV / 6D / 70D / M3 / EOS R) or a Canon, Nikon or other filetransmitter that supports uploading to an FTP server over your wireless network.
When a JPEG arrives, ShutterSnitch analyzes shutter speed, aperture, ISO, focal length, and light level and warns you if anything differs from the rules you've set up.
You now have a large preview screen that you can browse, pinch, zoom, and evaluate seconds after snapping your picture.
In a studio environment it's now easy to share shoots with crew and models. More fun and less juggling cards, adapters, and cables!
Please note: A large part of the magic of the wireless delivery lies in the setup of the devices outside of the ShutterSnitch app. For older FTP systems, be prepared to spend more than just a couple of minutes on this initial setup.
• Works with iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch running iOS 9 or higher.
• Full Retina & Retina HD display support.
• Crop, straighten, and adjust colors (temperature & tint, exposure, contrast, highlights, shadows, whites, blacks, clarity, vibrance, and saturation). All edits are non-destructive, so you can always fine-tune or revert to the original photo.
• Advanced metadata editing with presets and Code Replace.
• Slideshow function with Ken Burns effect.
• Arrange your shoots in albums.
• Lock private albums.
• Resize and/or watermark photos before sharing them via e-mail, Dropbox, Flickr, FTP, Google Drive, SmugMug, WebDAV, or Zenfolio.
• Large scale histograms (RGB,R,G,B).
• Visible and/or audible warnings.
• Map integration. Geo-tag JPEG photos automatically or manually.
• Highlight warnings.
• Add a caption and byline to the photos by tapping and holding the currently displayed full image.
• Custom username, password, and port for the built-in FTP and WebDAV servers.
• Receive files directly from one or more Eye-Fi cards.
• Receive photos from your GoPro HERO, Transcend Wi-Fi, Toshiba FlashAir, PQI Air, or ez Share card/adapter as you shoot them or import files from the card manually. *Note for GoPro cameras in burst or time-laps mode*: Photos can only be retrieved once the camera exits the mode.
• Supports receiving and importing photos via PTP/IP. For example from Nikon WU transmitters, D750 / D850 / Z7 and Canon EOS 5D Mark IV / 6D / 70D / M3 / EOS R.
• Supports receiving photos from Panasonic cameras that work with their LUMIX LINK app such as the GH3 and GH4. (Not the "Image App", so DMC-G7 is not supported.)
• Supports Sony A7 and NEX cameras.
• Supports Fujifilm cameras with built-in Wi-Fi such as X100T, X-M1, and X-T2.
• Supports Canon PowerShot G16 and other Canon cameras that work with their CameraWindow app.
• AirDrop export.
• Bonjour support for easy discovery in your Bonjour enabled applications.
ShutterSnitch can also be used as a regular image browser if you simply transfer the pictures from your computer through an FTP client.
Subscription payments ($2.99 monthly or $29.99 yearly) are charged through your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase and are auto-renewed. The account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Renewal can be turned off 24-hours before the end of the current period in your Account Settings in the App Store. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when a subscription is purchased.
• Fixed a Code Replace loading bug occurring on iOS 10.
Ratings and Reviews
OK for file transfers, please remove constant subscription reminder
As an owner of a previous version, I was unpleasantly surprised to see the change to a subscription-based model for the additional features. I use this app solely to allow for a common interface when transferring photos from different wifi-enabled cameras and SD cards. Even though I do not use the additional features (and retain the current functionality that I had already paid for), I dislike the bright orange icon that now sits on the screen next to the options. I expect something like that to inform me of an issue that needs addressed -such as file transfer failures, low storage space, login problems, etc. Instead, it appears to be nothing more than an attention getter to keep pointing me to the subscription page.
iPhone X S max and version 4.3.7
I purchased a new iPhone and I noticed that my reinstall of SS Now has a statement about joining a subscription pay for support. Really you guys are making enough money just selling the app?
So now I noticed that my Nikon D750 cannot connect completely or correctly. I cannot ever import pictures or view my camera. I’ve checked all my standings and have tried every single bit of troubleshooting I could think of. On my iPad with version 4.3.6 everything works fine. I double checked all of my settings are identical but on my new iPhone no joy. I’m able to connect to my Nikon Wi-Fi network but that’s as far as I can get.
Works great and offers support
I have been using this software for at least 6 years. Once after an iOS update and the software broke the developer offered me a beta version which worked perfectly on my shoot the next day. I honestly have never had a problem with this software other than what I just mentioned which was actually caused by iOS. Looking at the negative reviews I am guessing the EU really did not understand how to set the app up, though directions are provided. Recommended!
- Brian Gerfort
- 24.1 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2019 2ndNature
- In-App Purchases
- tip $2.99
- tip $6.99
- tip $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.