The KILO BDX rangefinders use Applied Ballistics and Bluetooth® to illuminate the exact holdover dot in SIERRA3BDX riflescopes.
For the most accurate and ethical shot, just Connect The Dot™.
- DOWNLOAD: Download the app
- SYNC: Sync the app with your rangefinder
- BOND: Use the app to bond the rangefinder with the riflescope
- RANGE: Press the RANGE button to measure the distance of your target
- POWER SELECTOR RING: When the SIERRA3BDX riflescope is actively paired with a KILO BDX rangefinder, the blue LED on the power selector ring will be illuminated solid blue. This Blue LED will flash quickly 8X for one second whenever the riflescope has received a new holdover reticle update from the rangefinder. The BDX system works out to 800 yards with 1 MOA of accuracy
- CONNECT THE DOT™: It’s time for hunting. Once the riflescope is turned on, range the target and the new hold is lit up out to 800 yards
Added support for KILO 8K and 10K Rangefinders.
Minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the range finder it’s accurate for what I need it for and it did what I needed to do.i rated it at 4 stars for a reason and this is why. I am thinking of adding 20 MOA scope mount but the app does not have that option of scope height. It would better the app if it did have that option. By adding that scope mount I will be able to shoot at targets over 1,000 yards but the rangefinder will only calculate ranges of up to a little over 800 yards. Anything farther and it shows up blank which is also because that is the limit of the scope I have on. But please add scope height for additional MOA. Thank you
Needs Ballistic Improvement in three primary areas
The actual rangefinder is great. It’s also good to give quick scope dial adjustments out to a few hundred yards, but once you start to get distance 400 yards and out the ballistic program loses a bit of accuracy and gives calculations a tenth of a mil or two off. To be fair, The software does allow for calibrations to get it more accurate, which I have not done yet.
My three biggest beefs with the ballistic model so far is:
1. Very limited atmospheric inputs. The program only gives an altitude and temperature input but they aren’t the only two atmospheric inputs in a ballistic calculation, barometric pressure, and relative humidity can change a tenth of a mil or two shooting over 500 yards.
2. Fully featured stand alone Ballistic Apps like Ballistic AE allows you to record the atmospheric information for your zero when you zeroed your rifle. Then in the ballistic calculations you can use the current atmospheric data the day you are shooting. For example, If you zeroed your rifle in the middle of a hot humid summer day, and you are now shooting on a cold dry winter day, this affects the ballistic calculation. This BDX software only allows you to enter the current temp and altitude of the day, which to be accurate long distance you will have to re-zero your rifle for the conditions of the day.
3. No ballistic calculations provided over 800 yards even though the rangefinder can range over 1,000.
Easy to set up and sync software with the LRF via BT. After that it goes downhill. Very few modifications can be made to ballistic information. Only the few fields they provide are able to be modified. That’s not even my biggest problem with the software. My biggest beef is with the limited ballistic calculator range of only 800 yds. If the laser on a 2200 model can range an animal out to 1200, why can’t the software provide that come-up solution too. I’m not even asking the tree target out to 1600, since most people can’t even shoot that far. It’s a simple number game. The new range is this, here is your come-up. Please fix this in future software releases. I’ll upgrade my review then.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Sig Sauer, Inc.
- 41 MB
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- © Sig Sauer, Inc., nVisti, LLC, Applied Ballistics, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.