This app is designed to be a quick reference for all mariners, travelers, yachtsmen, pleasure crusiers, and anyone around the waterfront. The International Code of Signals is used worldwide by ships of all nations to signal (with flags) their identity, status, intentions, and activity for all to see. The information in this app is immediately useful, and is necessary for safe travel on the ocean. Pleasure cruise passengers can use it to know the status of their own ship (such as bringing a pilot on board), and also to learn the status of other ships in their vicinity. Small craft sailors can use it to keep safe distance from ships which may be working with divers or loading dangerous cargo. Coast Guard, Navy, and professional mariners can expand the app (with in-app purchasing) to include additional documents, usage information and quiz functionality to assist in quick learning of the flags.
Signal Flags Info contains images of all (40) of the international code flags, along with abbreviated usage descriptions for each flag. The app is designed to be used as a reference tool for recognition of the flags and interpretation of their meanings when displayed by merchant ships, warships, fishing vessels and private yachts:
• Scrolling views provide quick access to flag images/IDs
• Disclosure info for each flag gives brief info on usage
• A complete current version of the International Code of Signals (NIMA pub. 102) document is included, with in-document navigation links, and a document navigation toolbar for quick access.
• In-App purchasing is available to add content and functionality, including expanded USN and Allied usage information, additional flags, quiz functionality and additional documents.
• Fully self contained, does not require active network communication, and ready to use anywhere at anytime.
Ratings and Reviews
Do not waste your money on in app purchase
As soon as an in app purchase was done, the app went from working ok - to opening momentarily and then dropping back to my home screen. Rebooting device, deleting and reinstalling the app have not changed its current operation which is non functional
Developer Response ,
Investigation of this found the edge-case cause, and it is fixed in the new version 4.0. This update will restore the purchase and full functionality of the app.
This app needs the Navy definitions for each flag.
While all these definitions are technically correct they lack the Navy usage of the flag like kilo being flown when there are personnel working aloft or bravo being flown when you are transferring fuel or ammunition. No other flag apps have this info either so this addition would really make this app stand out. Also having the Navy definition of all the pennants would help too.
Good reference to have at sea
Great app! Works well as quick reference, with lots of information. Thanks, and "BRAVO ZULU" to the developer for putting this out!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Gigs, Inc.
- 65.8 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Gigs, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Quiz functionality $1.99
- Additional Flags $0.99
- USCG Navigation Rules Document $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.