The Signal Flags International app contains images of all (40) of the international code flags, along with detailed usage descriptions for each flag . The app is designed to be used as an authoritative reference tool for recognition of the flags and interpretation of their meanings when displayed by merchant ships, warships, fishing vessels and private yachts:
• Scrolling views provide quick access to flag images/IDs
• Disclosure info for each flag gives detailed info on usage in both International Code and U.S. Navy/Allied signal contexts
• Quiz functionality is included to aid in memorizing the flags for quick recognition.
• A complete current version of the International Code of Signals (NIMA pub. 102) document is included for ready reference, with in-document hyperlinks (in text, TOC, and indexes).
• A document navigation toolbar for quick access to hyperlinks and document paging.
• Feature set is expandable via in-App purchasing to include 36 additional flags, and the USCG Navigation Rules document.
•Signal Flags International is fully self contained, does not require active network communication, and is ready to use anywhere at anytime.
• Updates for iOS 12
• UI changes to support all iPhone device types
• Flag usage information revisions to include content from MTP 1(D) Volume II Multinational Maritime Tactical Signal and Maneuvering Book, as updated by Change 1 on 10/18/ 2004
Ratings and Reviews
When you change pages the App exits. Not worth it.
Handy app for a beginner or quick reference
It contains a good deal of valuable info. I would have liked to see more for the price, but when version 1.1 comes out shortly (containing the quiz feature), it will be really good. I recommend the full version if you really want to get into flag use or interpretation - it has more US Navy/Allied forces flags. As far as support goes, Apple posted the description for v1.1 before actually posting the update, and the Gigs, Inc. employee I contacted about missing features was quite helpful.
Great app for learning the flags
I was looking for an app to learn the signal flags, liked the free version, and noticed this one has a quiz function. Works great! Much more info on the individual flags as well.
- Gigs, Inc.
- 34.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 Gigs, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Additional flags $0.99
- USCG Navigation Rules Document $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.