THIS APP MAY NOT RUN PROPERLY ON iPad 2 OR EARLIER DEVICES DUE TO PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS.
Check out this video:
1. This app emulates G1000 MFD functionalities only. It does not include PFD functionalities. To obtain PFD functionalities, download the PFD app from AppStore which can co-operate with this app(MFD) via wifi connection.
Download address of PFD app: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id501990787?mt=8
2. This app is for practice only. The navigation database included in this app may be outdated and very possible to be different from what it is in real life.
3. Due to huge memory consumption, it's highly recommended that you install this app on an iPad which has at least 1G memory on board. Thus, install this app on iPad 1, iPad 2 or iPad mini is not recommended. Running this app on iPad Air or newer devices will get you a much better performance.
-Simionic and the seller are not affiliated with Garmin,
-The app is not provided, approved, endorsed, or otherwise supported by Garmin.
This is an app which simulates the Multi Function Display(MFD) of the Garmin G1000 used on Cessna 182T, 172S, 172R, 206H and Beechcraft Baron G58. Most of the functionalities are implemented just as they are in the real life. It can be used by aviation enthusiasts as well as pilots to perform either an IFR training or just to familiarize the operations of G1000 MFD. This app is capable to connect to another app which simulates the G1000 PFD via wifi connection through which you can have a complete set of G1000 and make them work with FSX, Prepar3D , X-Plane or InfiniteFlight to get the best experience.
G1000 is a highly integrated system, it is very powerful and also very complicated. It is recommended that you have a real G1000 user guide from Garmin.
1. Global navigation database and topo data
2. Engine status simulation
3. Functional "Map Setup"
4. All pages including AUX pages are implemented
5. Terminal procedures are included
6. User waypoint creating/editing
7. User defined holding patterns
8. Flight plans storing/editing
9. Checklists for Cessna 182T, 172S, 172R and 206H are included
10. PFD connection via wifi
Fixes another bug causing to the COM frequencies showing 10x
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good app with the PFD
This works good with the PFD app, so you need two iPads to make it work, I could not get it to work by itself, but it works great with the PFD app. I have one hardware bezel from the author, and I am saving money for another. I would give it 5 stars if it worked on its own, I did try to contact the author through his website, but I received no reply. The nice thing it works with any plane in X-Plane 11. Connection to X-Plane is easy, and I haven’t had any connection issues, connection to the PFD on the other iPad has been working flawlessly. Using the direct to airport and creating a flight plan has also worked flawlessly, I haven’t tried this on FSX yet, I would like to see support for other planes.
Needs Cirrus aircraft including Vision Jet
Great app. As a retired Airline Captain I find this app an enjoyable way to get some stick time and practice instrument procedures using X-Plane. Would like to see something a bit more complex than the C-172 and a bit faster on final. Cirrus aircraft including the Vision Jet would be a great addition.
Not really a standalone app :(
The PFD app is excellent. It allows you to set heading, altitude and airspeed to run the simulation. But the MFD app does not have that function. Therefore it doesn’t really work as a simulator. I would like to use two iPads but there is the problem of having a second compatible iPad... perhaps it should run on the iPhone XS. Or at least let the PFD run on the iPhone so that It can give Hdg, alt, As vector info for the MFD app. ....
Here’s an idea why not just allow an iPhone to generate the vector information that would be transmitted by Wi-Fi so that the MFD can be used as intended?. The iPhone app would not need to do have the same functionality as the PSD just throttle, heading, vertical speed and altitude....
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.