Check out this video:
1. This app emulates G1000 MFD functionalities only. It does not include PFD functionalities. To obtain PFD functionalities, download the PFD app from AppStore which can co-operate with this app(MFD) via network connection.
2. This app is for practice only. The navigation database included in this app may be outdated and very possible to be different from what it is in real life.
-Simionic and the seller are not affiliated with Garmin,
-The app is not provided, approved, endorsed, or otherwise supported by Garmin.
This is an app which simulates the Multi Function Display(MFD) of the Garmin G1000 used on Cessna 182T, 172S, 172R, 206H and Beechcraft Baron G58. It can also be configured to adapt piston, turboprop and jet engines. Most of the functionalities are implemented just as they are in the real life. It can be used by aviation enthusiasts as well as pilots to perform either an IFR training or just to familiarize the operations of G1000 MFD. This app is capable to connect to another app which simulates the G1000 PFD via wifi connection through which you can have a complete set of G1000 and make them work with FSX, Prepar3D , X-Plane or InfiniteFlight to get the best experience.
G1000 is a highly integrated system, it is very powerful and also very complicated. It is recommended that you have a real G1000 user guide from Garmin.
1. Global navigation database and topo data
2. Engine status simulation
3. Functional "Map Setup"
4. All pages including AUX pages are implemented
5. Terminal procedures are included
6. User waypoint creating/editing
7. User defined holding patterns
8. Flight plans storing/editing
9. Checklists for Cessna 182T, 172S, 172R and 206H are included
10. PFD connection via network
1. Corrects approach list on page nearest airports
Ratings and Reviews
Good app with the PFD
This works good with the PFD app, so you need two iPads to make it work, I could not get it to work by itself, but it works great with the PFD app. I have one hardware bezel from the author, and I am saving money for another. I would give it 5 stars if it worked on its own, I did try to contact the author through his website, but I received no reply. The nice thing it works with any plane in X-Plane 11. Connection to X-Plane is easy, and I haven’t had any connection issues, connection to the PFD on the other iPad has been working flawlessly. Using the direct to airport and creating a flight plan has also worked flawlessly, I haven’t tried this on FSX yet, I would like to see support for other planes.
Good for training
I passed the G1000 checkride yesterday in a Cessna 172S NAV III, transitioning from steam gauges. The Simionic simulators were an invaluable tool that I highly recommend to anybody wanting to learn the G1000 to fly an actual aircraft. Every single task the CFI wanted to see me perform I was able to do without any hesitation or problem. Thanks to Simionic for an excellent learning tool!
Terrible FMS Control - You can’t scroll at all
I got this device to help transition from 30 years of flying steam gauges. Most flight sims don’t include the aux menu so I bought this product to review the cockpit instrument check. The FMS “knob” is so difficult to use it’s almost useless. You need to hit the iPad screen repeatedly just to get the menu to appear, then it disappears before you have a chance to pick your selection. Is there any way to adjust how long the FMS “knob” remains active? If it was user configurable, or if you simply doubled the amount of time the knob was active, MAYBE it would be worth 4+, but as of now, it’s a solid 2.
Developer Response ,
Sorry for the inconvenience, but we’ve tried our best to arrange such many controls on a G1000 bezel. You can also press and slide on the knobs to simulate turning the knobs if tapping is not your favorite.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 晨 李
- 510.5 MB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Simionic
- In-App Purchases
- Beechcraft Baron G58 $1.99
- Aircraft Customization $1.99