Simple Call Blocker is a utility that lets you block unwanted calls to your iPhone.
It allows you to block individual numbers, or ranges of numbers.
You may also add individual numbers or ranges of numbers to the Allow List, so that they will not be blocked by this app, even if they are in the Block List. Optionally, you may also allow all of your phone's contacts.
## Does the app contain a list of known phone spammers to block?
No. Simple Call Blocker does not provide or maintain a known spammers blacklist. There are several other iOS call blockers that do, which you can use for free, if that feature is important to you. You may use Simple Call Blocker in conjunction with one of those other apps to blacklist additional numbers.
## Why would I use this app?
1. Simple Call Blocker allows you to block a range of phone numbers, to help prevent “neighbor spam”, for free. Other apps may let you blacklist individual phone numbers, but require an in-app purchase or paid subscription to block ranges of numbers.
2. Simple Call Blocker does not collect your personal information. You do not need to provide it access to your contacts unless you with to enable the “allow all contacts” option. In contrast, some call blockers require a subscription or even a login to their web service in order to work.
3. Simple Call Blocker is designed to be very simple and reliable. In contrast, with many call blockers, it is hard to determine how many numbers are in the blacklist, whether or not the “Call Directory app extension” is loaded, and so on.
Simple Call Blocker does not collect any of your information, period. No data within the app or accessed by the app is ever transmitted to the developer.
- Updated PhoneNumberKit to version 3.3.3.
- Updated the link to the app website.
- Made the text on the Welcome screen legible in Dark Mode.
- Made the app review prompt less annoying.
Ratings and Reviews
It seems to work fairly well as a simple black/white list. Blocked calls go straight to VM which is perfect. The blocked calls do not show up in call history and they don’t trigger a missed call notification so you never get a “red dot” for missed calls. This seems like a flaw to me and it would be better if the missed calls were still visible. Ideally this could be a toggled behavior to allow user choice. A “block all unknown” (default deny) would be a nice feature but I would not enable that unless I could see the blocked calls. It would be nice to be able to add numbered to the black/white list from the iPhone “Phone” app but that integration might be complicated or possibly not permitted.
The app seems to be working fine, subjectively it seems that the number of spam calls from a particular number range (similar to my own number) has been decreased or even gone. However, there is no history log to see what calls were blocked and when. So I am not 100% sure whether it is the app blocking spam calls or they just call me less often.
Eureka, it works!
I have been plagued with the “neighbor number” spam phone calls, to the point of wondering is it worth changing my phone number. Looked at other call blockers, but reading their “privacy” policy made you wonder if the cure was worse than the disease, not to mention the subscription costs. Stumbled across this app and thought I’d give it a try. It’s completely free, no stupid subscriptions, and it respects your privacy. I have used it to block about 6-8 number ranges, and my phone has become silent. Basic app, simple to use, does one thing, but does it really well. Can’t say thank you enough.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Michael Descy
- 9.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2021 Michael Descy
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.