SwiftoDo is a modern, powerful todo.txt app for iOS. It is a task list built specifically for the todo.txt file format, and allows you work with your existing todo.txt files via Dropbox or any data provider that integrates with the iOS 11+ Files app.
- Full support for the todo.txt file format
- Dropbox sync
- Archiving completed tasks to done.txt
- Import tasks from Reminders
## Supported Todo.txt Format Extensions
- Due date tags (due:)
- Threshold date tags (t:)
- Recurring tasks (rec:+1w)
- Hidden tasks (h:1)
- Retain priority after completion (optional; two ways)
## User Interface
- Four task list styles to customize how you view your tasks
- Full file text editing mode, for when you need it
- Numerous dark and light themes
- Single or multiple task entry for new tasks
- One-touch edits to change priority, due date, etc.
- Select and edit multiple tasks from the task list with one-touch edits
- Pickers for inserting priority, projects, contexts, etc.
- Numerous sort presets, with grouping
- Powerful filtering capabilities
- Full-text search
- Hardware keyboard shortcuts
- Slide-over menu to open URLs contained in the task text
- Option to set a default priority on new tasks
## iOS 10+ Integration
- Universal app for iPhone and iPad
- Live filter split view in landscape on iPad, iPhone 6/6S/7 Plus
- Slide-over and split-screen multitasking on iPad (great for having tasks side by side with your favorite note-taking app)
- 3D Touch peek & pop and home screen quick actions
- Core Spotlight integration
- URL scheme with x-callback-url support
# ARE YOU NEW TO THE TODO.TXT FORMAT? SEE WHAT IT OFFERS:
## A task list that *you* control
Your task list is a plain text file, not some proprietary format owned by a company or locked to a specific application.
## A simple and timeless format
Plain text is the simplest file format there is. It will always be accessible, by some kind of application, forever.
## Few rules to learn
Learn only a few simple formatting rules (which SwiftoDo will take care of for you) to indicate task priority, task completion, and so on.
## A GTD-ready system
The todo.txt format was built with Getting Things Done in mind. It supports projects (which being with “+”) and contexts (which begin with a “@“).
## Use alongside any app on any platform
With Dropbox or Files app (iOS 11+ only) sync enabled, you can sync your task list with any app on any platform.
- Completing recurring tasks would cause a crash if certain data sync services (including Google Drive) are being used.
- Improved file sync support for slower data sync services.
Ratings and Reviews
Does what it says it will do. Need to be careful if adding/changing file offline. Check settings first.
Update: Tried adding a new item and the app locked up. When app reopened after forcing it closed, I opted to keep the local file when prompted. The app replaced the Dropbox file with a completely blank file. :( Days of adding new tasks down the tube. I tried reinstalling SwiftToDo, but could not add a new record (kept hanging). Finally restarted iPhone, fixing the problem. My guess is that it was a Dropbox glitch. Don't know.
Flexible and well-considered implementation
Great UX and UI that handles the iPhone and iPad dimensions well. Only quibble after using it for a few days is that I haven’t discovered a quick action to mark an item complete - best case is touching the item to reveal a pop up list of various actions that includes “Mark Complete”. Also worth mentioning: the developer is super-responsive & professional. Looking forward to incorporating this into my workflow.
For an app whose sole job is to track your todos, SwiftoDo actually loses information.
The app repeatedly forgets my settings. For the past month I’ve had it, it always resets the New Task Entry Mode setting to “Single,” despite my setting it to “Multiple.” Until now, this had just been an annoyance that, although frustrating, didn’t affect my todo list.
Today, however, I noticed it stopped syncing with my Dropbox. New tasks I entered since the last time it synced weren’t being saved to the cloud. After trying to refresh a few times, I checked the settings and discovered that the app had forgotten my sync settings completely!
I proceeded to re-enter my syncing information. I then checked my todo list, and to my horror I found that my iPhone’s copy of the list had been completely replaced with the out-of-date version from Dropbox. All the tasks I entered since the last sync (however long ago that was, I don’t know, since I don’t know when the app decided to forget my settings) were gone. Simply gone.
For a paid app, this is unacceptable. Please get your act together.
Developer Response ,
I have rewritten numerous parts of the app since you posted this review. The bugs you cite are all fixed now. If the app is still failing you, I would like the opportunity to fix it. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with more specifics on what is happening to you.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Michael Descy
- 18.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Michael Descy
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.