Simple Call Blocker is a utility that lets you block unwanted calls to your iPhone.
It allows you to block individual numbers, or ranges of numbers.
You may also add individual numbers or ranges of numbers to the Allow List, so that they will not be blocked by this app, even if they are in the Block List. Optionally, you may also allow all of your phone's contacts.
## Does the app contain a list of known phone spammers to block?
No. Simple Call Blocker does not provide or maintain a known spammers blacklist. There are several other iOS call blockers that do, which you can use for free, if that feature is important to you. You may use Simple Call Blocker in conjunction with one of those other apps to blacklist additional numbers.
## Why would I use this app?
1. Simple Call Blocker allows you to block a range of phone numbers, to help prevent “neighbor spam”, for free. Other apps may let you blacklist individual phone numbers, but require an in-app purchase or paid subscription to block ranges of numbers.
2. Simple Call Blocker does not collect your personal information. You do not need to provide it access to your contacts unless you wish to enable the “allow all contacts” option. In contrast, some call blockers require a subscription or even a login to their web service in order to work.
3. Simple Call Blocker is designed to be very simple and reliable. In contrast, with many call blockers, it is hard to determine how many numbers are in the blacklist, whether or not the “Call Directory app extension” is loaded, and so on.
Simple Call Blocker does not collect any of your information, period. No data within the app or accessed by the app is ever transmitted to the developer.
- Updated phone number controls and validation rules to latest version
- Updated app for iOS 16
- Fixed background color on Acknowledgements screen
Ratings and Reviews
It seems to work fairly well as a simple black/white list. Blocked calls go straight to VM which is perfect. The blocked calls do not show up in call history and they don’t trigger a missed call notification so you never get a “red dot” for missed calls. This seems like a flaw to me and it would be better if the missed calls were still visible. Ideally this could be a toggled behavior to allow user choice. A “block all unknown” (default deny) would be a nice feature but I would not enable that unless I could see the blocked calls. It would be nice to be able to add numbered to the black/white list from the iPhone “Phone” app but that integration might be complicated or possibly not permitted.
Unique Outstanding Design Idea!
Well Folks! I would like to sit down a second and talk about this App. I could start out by saying it is a nice App, but that wouldn’t be correct! You see it’s a unique app that the Developer has put a great deal of time hard work and I believe a little bit of Himself in coding this software for you myself and our family. I would like to call it love that He has to protect you myself and our family from people who invented the words Scam Fraud and Telemarketer’s who now make it unsafe to simply answer our phone! It has come to the point where we have to Block our phone from ringing from bad phone numbers from crooked people and Companies that try to steal money and our identity from you myself and our family! This Developer’s App Does that! The Name of the App is simple, but the protection it gives and does is not! If you have taken the time to read this from your busy time of your life I hope you will download this app! Give it a try really take the time and let the Developer’s app start to protect you and your family! Don’t believe you will be sorry! ( really ) Well time for me to get my ole Bones up and moving, but to the Developer I Tip my Hat to Him and say “ Thanks “ and to the rest of you? ( it really is a great Outstanding unique app )
Does what it says and free (would like if it logged blocks)
This is great and exactly what I was looking for. I got a flurry of spam calls from a phone number range. This app made those a thing of the past without any intrusive ads or upsells.
It would be great is the app could log or let me know when it blocks calls from the range. I assume it’s working, because I haven’t seen any calls from that range, but if I could see that it would be even better. Alternatively, if a friend randomly got a number in the range and called 10 times, that might be good to know.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Michael Descy
- 9.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2022 Michael Descy