"I've tried other DBT apps and none of them come close to this one. It's a real life saver... literally!"
"I'm so glad to see someone help people who does DBT. VERY VERY good app."
Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills are a must, not just for people who have BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder), but for just about anyone living in this world alongside others.
Are they necessary skills? No. Could anyone benefit from them? Yes.
DBT Skills Groups are booked out weeks and often times months in advance. This means that if you want to get in one, you may be waiting for a long long time, especially if NOW is when you need help.
DBT Skills Groups focus on SKILLS. This means that practicing the skills is much more important than anything else. And luckily, once you learn the skills, you will retain them for the rest of your life!
If you are practicing DBT Skills and want a Diary Card, this app is great for you since it has the following:
• A Calendar to add a Daily Diary Card with 28 DBT skills.
• Descriptions of each skill if you forget
• Examples of each skill
• Premium Users have access to 28 Original Videos for the 28 DBT Skills.
• Statistical information based on 1 day, 7 days, 28 days, or ALL records. That way if you are in a weekly DBT class, you can easily see which skills you have been focusing on, and which you have been missing.
• A Notification reminder that you can set to remind you daily at a specific time to do your DBT Skills Diary Card.
• Beautiful photos and artwork along with a backdrop that changes based on what season we are in (Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring).
• Add your own music to the DBT Skills Diary Card to make the experience more enjoyable.
• Full Version Users: You can now send PDF files with your diary card stats + notes via email, or print to your AirPrint printer straight from within the app. Email your therapist/counselor with just a few taps in an easy to read and print format!
• As part of our series of DBT apps, your progress will be saved between apps as well, so you'll have access to all your data no matter which DBT app you are in.
• Earn Messages Stickers as you progress. Send them to friends via a text!
• Unlock more than 1 type of Diary Card so you can continue doing your daily card in a format that fits your lifestyle!
• Want to track extra information? Though DBT classes don't require it, you can add custom tracking data for each Daily Diary Card entry. Of course, since this is optional, you simply need to toggle it on to start tracking right away.
a) Track Anxiety and Depression using a modified K10 test.
b) Track Target Behaviors and your response to them.
c) Track Emotions to see your range and average mood over time.
This is the most enjoyable DBT Skills Diary Card in the App Store! Download it today!
* Note that this app can integrate with the Health App by adding 'Mindful Minutes' when you complete Diary Card entries. This is optional and giving permission will not affect your ability to use this app.
• Added a new free tool: Chain Behavior Analysis. Therapists can view/comment on their clients progress online as well.
• Fixed some of the image selection code
• Updated some third party tools
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing but one fix
I love how it has all the skills and you can tell them moods and log it. I would really appreciate having a scale for each skill because it makes this app very hard to use. I sometimes try to use a skill like wise mind but then it doesn’t work. Having a scale even 1-5 so I know I attempted it but wasn’t successful or I didn’t try....as opposed to did or didn’t. That’s very black and white thinking which is the opposite of the goal of DBT. Please add a scale and this will be the perfect app.
Developer Response ,
That's a great idea gymnastlo! I think I can add a 4th diary card type which allows for a scale (0-5 to account for not doing it at all). I'll probably be working on that in the next few days then :) Thank you for the review!
I love this app, it has helped me with my BPD
To all the people on other reviews saying the bubble is too slow, you can unlock a flash card setting and simple diary card setting where you do not have to wait for the bubble. I think it unlocks those after using the app a few days. The only thing I didn’t like was that if you don’t pay for the premium version, you can only edit and look at the past weeks history (not anything past that.) I loved this app so much I went ahead and paid the $4 for the premium version. Now I can check my entire history and also watch all the videos on each skill. I really love that you can read about all the skills without having to open a diary card. This app has helped me to not have any bpd episodes in a whole month (I got it a month ago) which I have never been able to do!!!
Helpful and Efficient
I was doubtful of this app at first because it looked complicated to use and I thought that it would be bland and unhelpful. I was very wrong and pleasantly surprised. Unlike other diary card apps I have used, this app allows you to track all of your emotions, urges, and dbt skills in a detailed and efficient way. You can even add your own target behaviors. There are also explanations for each skill with examples as well if you do not understand what a skill is. There are so many helpful features. Thank you so much for putting so much detail into this app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- POP POP LLC
- 97.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2021 Pop Pop LLC. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Full Version $3.99
- Donate $0.99 USD $0.99
- Donate $1.99 USD $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.